The Domination of Mullins & Co

What if Min is all that and Annie is not the one supplemented

i wouldn't believe the radio coming out of the stable!

Last edited:
suggests that another one..isn't working as well as they want...wouldn't be surprised if Min + Vautour get pulled with whats coming out of the stable..not working well a week or so before ain't good..now this umming and arring about Min

Last edited:
A senior racing trader on Twitter reckons he's hearing Ruby Walsh will be on Yorkhill in the Supreme and not Min. I don't suppose it's even been decided yet but just putting it out there.

Is it that clown Stephen Harris? A current racing trader who values his job wouldn't dare tweet such a thing. He tweets like he's a industry insider (i.e guesser) when in reality he's deeply misinformed on many subjects.

He's like the guy that sits at a bar counter and says to the barman, "I used to be be in the trade myself".

Last edited:
There has to be a chance Yorkhill will go to the Neptune then Ruby won't have to make a decision.

I wouldn't wan't to be putting my best 2 novices up against Altior

Yanworth was the first horse I put up in the Chelt. competition but he needs to be taken on and if I were Mullins and Henderson I'd be sending Yorkhill and Buveur Dair to the Neptune and give myself the best chance of winning both races. Plus with them it could happen anyway.,

If Min is that good why would you use up all your ammo in one assault...seems nuts to me.

I draw comfort in the fact Paddy Power have cut Yorkhill to 3/1 for Neptune, yer man was right about ruby riding him just got the race wrong.

Leaning toward...is very different to what most people would have expected at this time.

more than he gave away about faugheen at this stage of last year for the champ hurdle and we all knew then who he was gonna sit on.

similar deal here i think. suspect he hasn't even given it that much thought.

There has to be a chance Yorkhill will go to the Neptune then Ruby won't have to make a decision.

I wouldn't wan't to be putting my best 2 novices up against Altior

Yanworth was the first horse I put up in the Chelt. competition but he needs to be taken on and if I were Mullins and Henderson I'd be sending Yorkhill and Buveur Dair to the Neptune and give myself the best chance of winning both races. Plus with them it could happen anyway.,

If Min is that good why would you use up all your ammo in one assault...seems nuts to me.

Ruby has a headache whatever happens.

Min, Yorkhill, Bellshill, Long Dog, Bachasson, Thomas Hobson, Up For Review.

If you start pushing horses out to longer races, he's going to have a marginal call to make down the line.
He'll have a hard decision whatever way you re-organise them. There comes a cut-off point where the horses simply have to be pointed at the races their most suited to and hence most likely to win. Obviously opposition comes into it, but you cant be running scared of horses either.

God help Ruby, he'll have tough decisions to make between very talented horses. He'll get on with it, and get over it if he gets it wrong.

I draw comfort in the fact Paddy Power have cut Yorkhill to 3/1 for Neptune, yer man was right about ruby riding him just got the race wrong.

That's ridiculous. If he's worked well today, which is where I believe this was all stemmed from, than you would cut him for all NRNB races he's entered it.

It's 1/10 he goes Supreme.

You'll never know for sure until the decs but the message I had today was unequivocal, 'Ruby rides Min'.

Maybe we should have a new thread for unsubstantiated Twitter rumours.

Last edited:
You'll never know for sure until the decs but the message I had today was unequivocal, 'Ruby rides Min'.

Maybe we should have a new thread for unsubstantiated Twitter rumours.

A senior racing trader on Twitter reckons he's hearing Ruby Walsh will be on Yorkhill in the Supreme and not Min. I don't suppose it's even been decided yet but just putting it out there.

Won't bother in future then, can't be upsetting the Mullins groupies can we

Last edited:
Could have come from my Granny, Arch - even she knows Walsh will ride Min! :lol:

To confirm.. Wylie & Mullins will decide which race Bells and York hill will run in after the weekend. Ruby is 100% going to ride MIN according to Wylie.

Augusta Kate now confirmed for the Bumper. Wylie decided to run her because all the owners are free to go and watch! They better get more guinness in for Westwood!

YORKHILL RIDDEN BY Yorkhill popular for Supreme as Min drifts
BY DAVID JENNINGS 7:40PM 8 MAR 2016
PUNTERS yesterday backed Yorkhill at the expense of long-time Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle favourite Min as rumours swirled about which of the two Willie Mullins-trained hopes Ruby Walsh will ride at Cheltenham in six days.

Min was pushed out to as big as 5-2 (from 11-8) for the first race of the festival while Yorkhill, who is also entered in the Neptune Novices' Hurdle 24 hours later, was cut into 4-1 (from 6).

Mullins' assistant David Casey told the Racing Post last night that both contenders, who Walsh has ridden in all their starts this season, worked well yesterday but that a decision on who he would ride had not yet been made.

Casey said: "There wasn't a thing wrong with Min this morning. He worked great and everyone seemed very happy with him. Helooked in great shape."

Yorkhill in 'super form'

The recently retired jockey is Yorkhill's regular work-rider and he was on board the unbeaten Tolworth Hurdle winner yesterday.

He said: "I ride Yorkhill out every day and I was on him again today [Tuesday]. He was in super form and I was delighted with him but, as far as I know, no decision has been made on what race he will go for or who will ride him yet."

BoyleSports' spokesman Liam Glynn reported a four-figure wager yesterday forced the firm to cut Yorkhill by two points.

Glynn said: "The support started to come in for Yorkhill around lunchtime on Tuesday and, having laid a four figure bet at 7-1 we clipped the son of Presenting into 6-1.

"There was no sign of the demand drying up and within the space of an hour, having filled the book up at 6-1 which included another large four-figure bet, our traders had no choice but to cut him further into 5-1."

'The vibes are strong'

William Hill mirrored BoyleSports price cut on Yorkhill but allowed Min's price to drift to 5-2 (from 11-8), their biggest price since early January.

Spokesman Jon Ivan-Duke said: "The vibes are really strong for Yorkhill, less so for Min, who is very uneasy in the market."

Share this story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta Kate now confirmed for the Bumper. Wylie decided to run her because all the owners are free to go and watch! They better get more guinness in for Westwood!

Where has this been confirmed Digger? She is still prominent in the betting for mares bumper at Sandown this Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of us knew, as this post on the Bumper thread on 22 Feb indicates:

It's no surprise to hear they're thinking about the Champion Bumper. Graham Wylie was quoted a while back as saying the owners were all hoping to get together to see her race one day. The obvious target would have been the mares bumper at Aintree but that falls in the same week as the Masters, which would hardly suit Messr Westwood and Chandler, so they might prefer to take on the boys at Cheltenham.

Back