The Domination of Mullins & Co

I have just been listening to Davey Russell and at least he seem to agree that Yorkhill should go for the Neptune. In fact he said something like it would be criminal if they don't send him. he said that he was mega impressed by him when he road Mall Dini who is very useful be he just hacked all over him.

To me it's a hard smack in the mouth to Min if Yorkhill goes there as the 2 races are worth the same and they must think Min Altior and That other thini of Nicky's Bouvi Dare me with the funny name who is the better of the two aren't as good as Yanworth.....mind boggles what they are thinking but WPM is heading for a disaster imo.

Could lose the first to one of Nicky's Douvan is Bomb proof, Annie Power could easily be beaten and UDS has a rejuvenated Sprinter Sacre Sire De Grugy and Dodging Bullets to contend with. He has one horse who might not stay in the Gold Cup One who just recovered from an op and one that's as slow as a snail......Compare that to last year when he had the best horse in training imo Douvan to start. Faugheen the machine UDS in a shockingly bad Arkle and an almost 4 timer on the first day. He could end up with only 1 winner Douvan this time. Maybe he's not as dominant as many think

UDS has the clear beating of the rejuvenated horses you mention, Tanlic.

Not sure what is going on with Yorkhill, but perfectly reasonable to think that Wylie is exerting his preference, knowing that Yanworth will take a world of beating. He probably reckons it's a better option to take on Min, given he is mainly about promise (despite the fact his form is standing plenty of scrutiny).

I have just been listening to Davey Russell and at least he seem to agree that Yorkhill should go for the Neptune. In fact he said something like it would be criminal if they don't send him. he said that he was mega impressed by him when he road Mall Dini who is very useful be he just hacked all over him.

I'm 3/1 Yorkhill RUNS in the Neptune. It makes sense for Wylie to run him there.

UDS has the clear beating of the rejuvenated horses you mention, Tanlic.

Not sure what is going on with Yorkhill, but perfectly reasonable to think that Wylie is exerting his preference, knowing that Yanworth will take a world of beating. He probably reckons it's a better option to take on Min, given he is mainly about promise (despite the fact his form is standing plenty of scrutiny).

Spot on.

I have heard Ruby, WPM himself, Richbags and David Casey all going out of their way to say when referring to Min that he's good, but not as good as Faugheen or Douvan. Maybe Wylie has been listening too.

From Walsh's RUK column:

Min has done no more than he has been asked, but at the minute I would be leaning to ride him as the forecast of drying weather and ground will suit him.

If any of you non Irish guys or gals have access to RTE, tonight at 10.35 'Paddy Mullins - The Great stayer' will be aired.

Should get ye all right in the mood for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Avant Tout is a dark horse for the Coral Cup. Has shown ability already, lightly raced, fair mark...

Last edited:
Bizarre - Ruby quoted as saying he was working as well as he was before the KG .

Is the suggestion they misled Ricci into running him in the Ryanair ?

Back