The Domination of Mullins & Co

I heard Willie Wumpkins say that on my new found app UKTVnow thanks to DVDS 2000 but the way some of them are running there must be a lot of divots flying about hitting only his horses.

Thanks Chaps. I keep my scribbling anonymous here by and large as it might imply that I know something about horse racing. The kid is my nephew, came with me again on Saturday. He has met Eddie and Art, but they scared him.

Last edited:
Thanks Chaps. I keep my scribbling anonymous here by and large as it might imply that I know something about horse racing. The kid is my nephew, came with me again on Saturday. He has met Eddie and Art, but they scared him.
Probably because he thought they'd bumped off Cinderella. :whistle:

Nice article AC, well written and a good read. I agree with sentiment too.

Colm's articles have a lovely style; indeed he should use the blog set up here to post his older articles on Raise The Beat, Bay Of freedom, even Claiming Races.

The ones I have read are all articulate, intelligent and entertaining.

An excellent piece.

Another 4ft boy had his day made for him Saturday when His favourite goalkeeper Mark "Stopper" Walsh strolled past him on level 3 along with Barity.

Last edited:
Get some links posted, AC - I promise to be gentle. :lol:

It all kind of makes sense.

The one time I met Colm, I had him down as either a grizzled gumshoe, weary of one too many 'adultery-snoop' jobs......or perhaps someone who might make use of container ships and/or light-aircraft, in his line of work.....so the fact it transpires he is a scribbler of some repute, sits well with me - it's all very Runyonesque.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Colm. The Kauto Star piece in particular is very good.
:cool:

PS. I may have swerved the ones about claimers and Ryan Moore. :whistle:

Last edited:
An excellent piece.

Another 4ft boy had his day made for him Saturday when His favourite goalkeeper Mark "Stopper" Walsh strolled past him on level 3 along with Barity.

If you had copped him 5 seconds earlier there was an autograph waiting for you

Am sure he'd have obliged you with a "to slim from stopper "

i just meant in comparison to other mares ec. obviously she has plenty to prove if she mixes with the boys in graded company. exciting type though.

in related news ricci's comments about annie possibly going world hurdle if they get a run into her has me eyeing the 6s NRNB. they have a nice substitute for the mares if they do it.

declared for punchy tomorrow in a hood :ninja:

I missed the start, when he presumably talked about his GC horses......but think (that bit of) the same interview was on Twitter earlier in the week.

Yes I was surprised, but he seemed pretty certain it'll be The Ryanair.

I'm not surprised to be honest. I always had him down as a doubtful stayer.

Back