The Domination of Mullins & Co

I would be happy if the whole King George field swerved Kempton and turned up at Leopardstown instead :)

Plus Coneygree, of course

Last edited:
Grey, I watched the event live(i posted the link on the forum that evning) and Mullins also said there were hundreds of spectators at Curragh racecourse that saw what F did to NC. It somehow offers an explanation of why F odds went from 2/7 to 1/6 in the AP market for no apparent reason at that time. I know trainers do a racecourse gallop with at least a week prior to the race, usually 2 weeks, but with only 4 days beforehand with a horse just starting the season and not nearly racing fit, doesn't seem like the brightest ideas looking back. Then Ruby on his blog in hindsight said he should've taken the lead on F. What a wonderful thing that hindsight thing is. We'll see how they get him on Boxing day.

I can't understand though how is it possible to be a tie with a double guineas winner in there as well.. when was the last one, 2008 Henry ? so how can there have been the same number of votes on both F and Don? seems highly suspicious and sounds like they didn't wanted to give the award just to Faugheen after the defeat in Morgiana, I can't believe the tie thing..

Yes, it does seem to have been very close to the race to be having a searching gallop. A few trainers have been saying that with the dry weather continuing so late there had been less time than usual to get horses ready for the Morgiana and big Fairyhouse meetings and that preparation had in some cases been a bit rushed. I wonder if this is a case in point?

I think it would've been fine mid-season, he raced 3 times in a month and half in late 2013, he thrives on racing but at the start of the season it takes longer to physically recover, 4 days just after a strong racecourse gallop was not enough to get to the level of competing against a high class adversary with flat background(NC the highest rated flat horse to ever go jumping ?) in a race that had the emphasis placed on the finishing speed rather than a strongly run race which favours stamina horses like F. Hopefully he comes back to winning ways at Kempton and forget about this blip..

The talking horse of the off season "Min" makes its seasonal debut today. Favourite for the supreme before today. Could be a monster?

He paused when asked take one Douvan or Min :blink:
noticed earlier ruby said in his blog that he thought douvan and vautour were better at this stage of their career. might just be trying to dampen the hype machine a bit.

He paused when asked take one Douvan or Min :blink:
Yea probably because they both swim in shallow waters in form terms, especially Min, so its hard to compare them. But I thought it was funny when he said that Vautour is not fast, he destroyed Chapman's world and his Champion chase bets :lol:

Back