The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

My Twitter timeline is full of people doing Energumene (marsh) and Tritonic (triumph) doubles. Also makes the chance of Roual Paggaile going to the NH Chase more likely.
A lot of knock on effects.

Id say 95% of my bets have a Gordon runner going through them. Some with Hills and Skybet with no cash outs available. My dummy will come massively out of the pram if his horses are not able to run.

I feel for you. Fingers crossed. According to Maxbet there is a stipulation in the rules that if a horse is 'suspended' you'd get your stakes back, Double.

Good luck.

Gigginstown House Stud says it will continue to support Gordon Elliott despite the "deeply regrettable" photo of the trainer

Don't see how they can suspend the horses. It's not as if there is a mass doping issue involved.

It probably doesn't serve any purpose to speculate what outcome the investigation might produce but has any other yard's horses ever been prevented from running for a breach of social etiquette by a trainer?

Would they be suspended if the trainer didn't bow/curtsy to Madge? (I wouldn't so it's maybe just as well I don't own horses.)

Suspending his license quickly before Cheltenham with immediate effect surely has to be an option for the powers that be though, Slim.

It's wishful thinking on your behalf if you think that's not possible.

If I was a backer of his horses, (without the NRNB concession) , I'd be considering cashing out my bets.

Unless as a punter you happen to think your bookie would be good enough to refund your stakes should your horses not run due to what's happend here.

Once the horses are entered they can run. I can't put it simpler than that.

Has something like this ever happend before?

What have other trainers suffered or been penalised for something similar happening?

They could make him pay a hefty fine and go on an animal welfare course I guess...

Either something like that or his license will be suspended, but starting from when then?

Last edited:
Envoi Allen starting to drift a bit on the exchange, was just thinking earlier how easy it's gonna be for rampers to create havoc in the market without anyone even knowing what's gonna happen. could drift to a big price without anybody really having the slightest bit of inside information.

Think it’s fair enough for Owners to continue to support Elliott if they choose to do so, and are prepared to write it off as an idiotic abberation that won’t ever be repeated.

it’s a different consideration to the punishment that will be handed-down from authorities.

Last edited:
So, for example if Charles Byrnes has horses entered from months ago they could still run despite the trainer being suspended??

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

I don't think there is any chance in the slightest that this could lead to any horses not being permitted to run, that's just silly to be honest.

However as a backer of both Envoi and Zanahyir I have to say it's not ideal, these are finely tuned animals and their preparation is tailored to the finest of details and planned meticulously by Elliot, this can only have a negative knock on effect, just how much is the question.

I applaud Michael O'leary - a man not to bow to public opinion

What is his baromoter for where his horses remain

A 15 year relationship where they have won every race imaginable or an imbillyic moment which really there are no words.

GE the trainer is the same as he was last week. As a man, he will have gone down in people's estimations.

Public opinion and authorities is another argument. This will be difficult to sweep under the market. And people think having a social media account gives them the right to be judge and jury

There isn't a trainer in the land who hasn't shot a horse in the head physically, so don't anyone kid themselfes into thinking GE is anything more than a thick for putting himself into this situation.

Shame on whoever released this also. you dont sit on a 4 year old photo becasue you are a whistleblower who cares greatly for animal rights. This was a personal grudge to bear and a missile to offload for all the wrong reasons

Phoenix Thoroughbreds have been stopped from racing horses in Britain.

The group announced that they were withdrawing from the sport in this country, but their colours continued to appear at UK tracks.

They have had nine runners in a 14 day period with filly Frankenstella recording a double.

A spokesperson for the British Horseracing Authority said: "Following Phoenix Thoroughbred's recent decision to leave UK racing, the BHA can today confirm that effective as of Monday 7 September, Phoenix Thoroughbreds are no longer able to have runners in races in Great Britain until further notice.

"Any horse currently entered will not be permitted to be declared in its current ownership.

"The racing administration accounts of all registered ownership entities that involve Phoenix Thoroughbreds have been suspended.

Just an example Slim... but the British Horseracing Authority can stop horses running for whatever reason they deem fit/worthy of such action...

The O'Leary stance makes me wonder whether they still intend running Tiger Roll at Aintree. Can you imagine the reaction if the horse got injured going for a third National after this episode?

Envoi Allen starting to drift a bit on the exchange, was just thinking earlier how easy it's gonna be for rampers to create havoc in the market without anyone even knowing what's gonna happen. could drift to a big price without anybody really having the slightest bit of inside information.

price flying all over the place now. matched at nearly 3/1

buckle up!

price flying all over the place now. matched at nearly 3/1

buckle up!

Christ it’s tempting. Im so invested in some horses already not sure i can bring myself to it. Can you really let anything abive evens go on what should be a 1/3 shot

This is the problem with the BHA front running their statements. It's obvious they don't want him at Cheltenham for all they can't stop the horses.

My daughter, who has never shown the slightest interest in racing, has just messaged me about this so the implications are huge. While I was replying to her it crossed my mind that this might be someone that has a grudge against O’Leary, not Elliott?

Phoenix Thoroughbreds have been stopped from racing horses in Britain.

The group announced that they were withdrawing from the sport in this country, but their colours continued to appear at UK tracks.

They have had nine runners in a 14 day period with filly Frankenstella recording a double.

A spokesperson for the British Horseracing Authority said: "Following Phoenix Thoroughbred's recent decision to leave UK racing, the BHA can today confirm that effective as of Monday 7 September, Phoenix Thoroughbreds are no longer able to have runners in races in Great Britain until further notice.

"Any horse currently entered will not be permitted to be declared in its current ownership.

"The racing administration accounts of all registered ownership entities that involve Phoenix Thoroughbreds have been suspended.

Just an example Slim... but the British Horseracing Authority can stop horses running for whatever reason they deem fit/worthy of such action...

Note can't be declared in their ownership. Eliliot will just run his horses in another name. He won't be on the racecard.

My daughter, who has never shown the slightest interest in racing, has just messaged me about this so the implications are huge. While I was replying to her it crossed my mind that this might be someone that has a grudge against O’Leary, not Elliott?

Nope. It's targeted against Elliot. He has a lot of enemies.

Back