New Zealand (IRE) 3.c
Savarain 3.c
Top Lock 3.c
Unsung Heroine (IRE) 3.f
Warringah 3.c
Washington Irving (IRE) 3.c
Whistledownwind 3.c
William Hogarth 3.c

Will Aidan O'Brien be subjected to similar treatment from the press regarding the now likely running of Frozen Fire?

He said the Arc was more likely, but never ruled out the Leger. Completely different to Bolger’s case and no need to even compare them.

Strange ... RP reported Frankie was to ride Doctor fremantle this morning. Perhaps DF sparkled in his last piece of work resulting in a change of heart from Moore?

Also, I wonder is Whistledownwind worth a small flutter? Relatively unexposed, should handle the ground better than others being by Danehill Dancer and Gerald Mosse is an interestin jockey booking.

I've already backed Dr Fremantle and was happy to read Frankie was on him - even happier to read that Moore had taken over!

It's between him and the filly, for me.

Why do I get the feeling that Coolmore think that Frozen Fire is too good for the Leger, but that they already have other (and older) horses for all of his other possible targets? I wonder whether he is running here by default, and that Murtagh's booking is reflective of him being the best horse, not necessarily the one most likely to win?

I wouldn't like to justify this feeling, it just there. I'll go with it though and back their Leger horse... Alessandro Volta.

I think it's the opposite, I think they know he got lucky in the Irish Derby, would be found out in the Arc but that the Leger is actually winnable (he's got the nice stout German pedigree hasn't he?).

He's the right horse for the race, you couldn't see him winning a grp 1 over less than a mile and half and he only appeared on the scene late in the Irish Derby. I think he's a logical choice.

Those involved in the Classic Conundrum Comp, don't forget to post!

I've just done as as I can't see the prices I've 'taken' getting any longer tomorrow

Laying Doctor Fremantle heavily win and place.

Have also backed Look here and Conduit.

I think you may have overreacted to a perceived lack of confidence behind Dr Fremantle, Chris. The big worry with him is whether he'll settle, otherwise he is absolutely nailed on to get the trip (it is a worry, though); remember that he was working very moderately before the Grand Prix De Paris but was a hugely unlucky in running 4th after meeting interference on a number of occasions. I'm not brimming with confidence with him, but I wouldn't be a layer unless he went off much shorter that his current price.

Last edited:
That was my alternative pair for the Comp/FCT Chris, having decided PCH is in such poor form I couldn't risk Whistledownwind. But AOB seems quite unstoppable this year...

Back