The Leger

At 4/1 he's a good bet. However, I imagine he could go off quite short and he doesn't seem to be the most straight forward. With that in mind, I'd probably look elsewhere at the likely odds.

Even allowing for that Gareth, how far off the winner (assuming FF would not have won - which to me is a big assumption) would he have been in the Derby?

If it was a typical Irish Derby, he'd be touching odds on. But the race literally fell apart in front of him, he almost couldn't help winning. He's got plenty still to prove.

Edit: Hell, if it was a typical Irish Derby I don't think he'd be running in this.

If it was a typical Irish Derby, he'd be touching odds on. But the race literally fell apart in front of him, he almost couldn't help winning. He's got plenty still to prove.

Edit: Hell, if it was a typical Irish Derby I don't think he'd be running in this.

Hmmm, I am not so sure about him being a "lucky" winner, considering he was pushed right out into the centre of the course himself. I personally think he would have won anyway (backed him on the day) and I would expect him to confirm the form with the field if they met again.

Any word on whether Moonstone will make the race Gal? I read O'Brien reported her back in full training not too long ago so it must be doubtful I suppose.

Worth the risk at 5/1 to find out I'd say. As I have posted on TRF I still worry that Frozen Fire has the potential to drop the lot. I think he threw the Dante away, being kind you could say he didn't handle Epsom but it was a dire effort nonetheless and he avoided all the trouble in an Irish Derby where the form was anything but upheld at Longchamp. Trip should suit him but I couldn't go near him at 5/2.

After a disappointing gallop yesterday, Patkai will not be running in the St Leger.

Ryan Moore will ride Conduit.

Very mixed gallops messages for Patkai recently ~ is this the final verdict?

Worked very poor Saturday and definitely doesn't run. Conduit confrimed, Ryan rides. Doctor Fremantle was not impressive on Sat and will work on Wednesday before a decision is made on him. However Ryan Moore will ride Conduit.

Any news on Warringah Chris? Owner seemed keen to run when saying the horse would miss the Melrose after a setback and I notice he hasn't even been entered for the Mallard.

He's been leading Dr Fremantle in his work. He's a nice horse but not sure if he would want testing ground. He also is very well handicapped so I would have thought that Sir Michael would be looking towards a handicap rather than ruin his mark in a group race.

He's been leading Dr Fremantle in his work. He's a nice horse but not sure if he would want testing ground. He also is very well handicapped so I would have thought that Sir Michael would be looking towards a handicap rather than ruin his mark in a group race.
A handicap like the Mallard, you'd imagine ~ hence the confusion over his lack of entries.

As I said doesn't want testing ground. I would say if the weather gives us a dry autumn the November Handicap would be a possible.

I'm increasingly warming to Doc Fremantle Chris, BF prices suggest he's still running. Know ye of animals intentions?

If he runs he will probably be ridden by Robert Winston. He worked okay on Sat but was hard ridden to get by Warringah. The yard are far from convinced he will stay or handle ground but the owners and reps still want him to run. he will work on Wednesday and a decision will be made then. He done his first serious piece 10 days ago in which Conduit left him 4L, and was cantering all over him. Regardless to whether he runs or not the Stoute operation only have one serious chance and that is Conduit.

Back