The Long Shot Thread

Chester 4.50 Nabhan 40/1 - ran well in this race last year off 11lb higher, running on and couldn't get a clear run inside final furlong btn 5 1/4L. Has had 2 runs after a 9 month break and is wearing headgear for the first time (cheekpieces) - has been tried in a tongue tie before.

Curragh 4.10

Thunder Snow 12/1 e/w

Only 6 runners but the obvious going change later on brings the field closer together and will give the Godolphin horse a fair chance of going close if he has his head screwed on. Could see him going off 7/1.

Windsor 5.50 Ok By Me 33/1 - has dropped to a very good mark - her best runs have come when the ground is soft but the current going is good/firm. However, there are yellow weather warnings for heavy rain in Windsor, so I'm taking the chance the ground changes by tomorrow. She is drawn high but that is an advantage at this track if it turns soft. She also wears a visor for the first time.It may be she hasn't trained on but at the odds, back on turf and hopefully the ground changes, I'm prepared to pay to find out.

4.40 Windsor - Major Pusey

I'll stick this one up. Currently 20s with a few firms.

Back on a workable mark and had 3 run some so shouldn't be failing get on fitness grounds. Isnt ground dependent and has run ok at Windsor in the past and should go well for a yard and jockey amongst the winners.

Cheers Tanlic- apologies for a couple of typos in there. The autocorrect has a habit of chucking an extra word or two in.

Nice one, Dan. From memory you like the flat don't you?
I hope to see more posts from you this season!? :)

Last edited:

Back on a workable mark and had 3 run some so shouldn't be failing get on fitness grounds. Isnt ground dependent and has run ok at Windsor in the past and should go well for a yard and jockey amongst the winners.

Brilliant shout.

Nice shout. Some seriously strange results today with the going change so a good day to be looking for dark ones.

Cheers all.

Marble - I'm a fan of both codes. I haven't had much time recently and didn't like what I saw last week when I did pop in. I decided not to sack it off as there's plenty of good people on here.

Slim - you're not wrong. The rain was probably in his favour in the end and they've been finding it hard to come from behind at Windsor.

Great call, Dan. I backed it in an ew double with Chef's shot (probably not trying) so didn't win anything but appreciate a good winner!

Last edited:
Cheers all.

Marble - I'm a fan of both codes. I haven't had much time recently and didn't like what I saw last week when I did pop in. I decided not to sack it off as there's plenty of good people on here.

Slim - you're not wrong. The rain was probably in his favour in the end and they've been finding it hard to come from behind at Windsor.

I had a similar feeling lately Dan after some of the things that have been written on here, But your right, This is a good place.
But

:adore: Very nice Dan.

7.50 Kempton
Angel Down 20/1

Reasoning - Blah blah blah something about form. Blah blah gelded, blah blah blah needed it's first run. Add in some confirmation bias ohhhhh look trainer has had a few winners recently. Thrown in off 78 etc. Off course I could just say I've been told it will win but there doesn't appear to be a thread for that sort of thing.

Beverley 3.30 Pennine Warrior 25/1 - last won on turf 2 years ago off 69 in a class 4 and races today off 57 in a class 5 - trainer has had 3 winners from 4 runners today including a 16/1 winner

Dark Shot in the Dash tomorrow, have to put it up today because I don't think it will have a qualifying price tomorrow

Back