The Long Shot Thread

Kenny McPeek is no mug and I think his runner Daddy's L'il Darling will benefit from a stretch out to 12 furlongs.
Downside is the only time she ran on grass was a bust but with excuses, trip wise.

At 50/1 I'm more than happy to give this a spin.

Dash - Union Rose and Move In Time, both 33/1

I can't help thinking both of these are going to make a return to form at some point.

I have to back Union Rose having put it up the last twice. The form book comment after last week’s race appeared to imply that it’s about to come good soon and it is a price. It’s also drawn high, which I suspect might be an advantage but whether it has the pace to make it count is another matter. Move In Time appeals too but a lot of poor runs require forgiving. He’s 13lbs lower than when beaten ¾ length in the King George sprint at Goodwood having gone up to that mark for winning the previous season’s Abbaye.

Last edited:
I'm going for Dubai Thunder 20/1 in the Derby - could be anything and the dam won 2 group1's in Germany and finished 2nd in a group 1 in her last 3 races as a 3yo over 1m 4f

8.10 Newcastle - Diamond Runner 20s

Has a squeak. Mark no problem, surface no problem. Doesn't look the strongest race.

Worth a roll of the dice.

Kempton 5.55 - Good Luck Charm - 20/1

Everything looks set for a revival for this one. Just a question of whether it's tonight or a bit further down the line when the mark is even better.

Seems a fair each way poke at 20/1.

Limerick 2.35 Regal D'Argent 33/1 caught my eye l/to as a big improver and I hope will run a nice race today.

Put this in my tracker as couldn't believe its running after above posting especially with back mistake landing on fence. Backed it last night at 11/2 BOG cant believe it went off 20/1 and WON!!

Kempton 5.55 - Good Luck Charm - 20/1

Everything looks set for a revival for this one. Just a question of whether it's tonight or a bit further down the line when the mark is even better.

Seems a fair each way poke at 20/1.

Nothing doing today but going off the in running comments it could be worth sticking in the tracker for a couple of runs. Will watch the replay shortly as I'm just in.

20.40 Junoesque 40-1 the john gallagher filly didn't run too badly on her seasonal reappearance at Nottingham. I'm willing to wager a small ew that she may grab a place in the lucky last at sandown.

Newmarket 1.55 Devils Cowboy 25/1 (33/1 in places) - One of the better bred horses in the race - both sire and dam improved a lot for their first run and won 2nd time out over today's distance.

Meandmyshadow (8.40 Pontefract)
Hcap has dropped to 69 today ( jockey also takes off 3lb)
Form results since 2015 when mark is in the 60s is: 0231
25/1 PP

Stone last :blink:

Handicapped to win a race for sure but will need a smaller field to control the pace of the race, Has won at Carlisle and Newcastle and ran well at Nottingham so is versatile track wise.

Ascot Stakes - Suegioo 25/1

One of the hurdlers will probably win and Suegioo might well just be prepping for the Northumberland Plate but he's the best in on Flat form of the entire field.

My tracker alerted me to Sound And Silence but I didn't check the race. Just stuck somehting on it ew 20/1 as I'd be sick if it won unbacked!

Back