The Non-Triers Thread

If he was declared but balloted out on Thursday I would get my coins back, wouldn't I ?

Shortened right up in price, general 9/1 now. If he wins, not only does he boost my ten to follow list, I think I may claim this as one of my usual amazing insights. :)

Yeah...in theory finishing about nine lengths off Ifthecapfits, could make Solomon Grey a 140+ horse in waiting. Fair play to the Timeform tipster for having the balls to tip him at a huge price earlier in the week. We share a similar opinion. Let the horse do the talking now.

Last edited:
I tryed to have a read of your ratings write up but it's not in my email box, DO. Have you stopped doing them?

Last edited:
Well well well , Solomon Grey entered up in The Lanzarote on Saturday which I find very interesting. I'm considering having a lump on with Bet 365 later today. Funnily enough I went to Lanzarote once as a baby, I came back looking burnt red like a beetroot. I'm not sure I wanna get burnt again... :)

I am still trying to work out what the hell Solomon Grey has got to do with a non triers thread.
He may have needed the race and been found wanting but there was nothing untoward about the ride..........

Ok he should be straighter but his form to date gives him very little chance in listed company.

Unlucky there Marble just bumped into a well handicapped one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a cracking run from Solomon Grey after the dissapointment at Donny. Martin Pipe Conditionals Hurdle at The Festival now surely.

Last edited:
Well well well , Solomon Grey entered up in The Lanzarote on Saturday which I find very interesting. I'm considering having a lump on with Bet 365 later today. Funnily enough I went to Lanzarote once as a baby, I came back looking burnt red like a beetroot. I'm not sure I wanna get burnt again... :)

Unlucky Marble, ran really well (BTW are you the one they named Senor el Betrutti after?)

Unlucky there Marble just bumped into a well handicapped one

Yeah cheers I think Solomon Grey is well handicapped as well. Will come on a lot for the run. He jumped the last like a fresh horse. Don't forget how far he was beaten at Doncaster. He came right back to his best there and a bit more. As I say....the big handicap hurdle over 2.4F I can think of is The Martin Pipe.

Last edited:
Always one mate very unlucky............didn't you cash out for some? I backed the 3rd myself and he hit 3 tried to cash out but wasn't using my BOT...........hopeless on Betfair direct....no chance of getting out

I didn't have that much on as the last day at Donny was rubbish. I thought I'd have a sporting bet on today and just watch how he went. What I really want to know is his festival target, and where to get some odds. He is not even quoted in The Martin Pipe.

Last edited:
All I ever ask is that whatever I've backed is trying to win the race. Solomon Grey was clearly trying its utmost and was just beaten by a better one on the day. Maybe if the jockey had gone round the inside the result would have been different as it gave away more ground than it was beaten by but maybe she was riding to orders, in which case she wouldn't be to blame.

Interesting to see what our Martinstown friends will jock John Joe O'Neill Junior up on in big handicaps while he still has his 5 lb claim.
I cannot imagine it being wasted on sellers in Fakenham; he is a real chip off the old block, even riding in Dawn Run type colours in Lanzarote Hurdle today.

10 winners left at 5lbs edgt, something for the Martin Pipe no doubt. Rides very tidy - looks to have been well schooled by AP!

I didn't have that much on as the last day at Donny was rubbish. I thought I'd have a sporting bet on today and just watch how he went. What I really want to know is his festival target, and where to get some odds. He is not even quoted in The Martin Pipe.

Skybet going 16/1

Nice one. It's still early days. I hope to see him in the early entries, whenever they make them. I'm sure DG will know when!

Last edited:
SkyBet are NRNB on this and all other festival races so no entry no problem

Back