The Oaks & Irish Oaks

I'd make Sariska a shorter price than 3/1. Her form isn't quite as good as Rainbow Views from last year, but she has fewer doubts regarding her wellbeing and stamina.

Opening race time was 1:43.61 but the slow early pace makes it a poor example for judging the ground.

I've got it at +1.35 which would be fast side of good.

One observation was that Mac Love picked up running widest of the lot, or furthest 'up the camber' which might can confirm the turftrax graphic, as theoretically any rain should drain towards the rails (according to my A level in geography). If the ground is faster towards the stands side, then tomorrows sprint might suddenly have been narrowed down with a greater degree of confidence than is normally the case, as the draw bias is typically quite strong at Epsom, but could be even more pronounced than normal.

Will be interesting to see if we get an enterprising jockey on something of an outside take a chance and go looking for it?

+1.77 for Tartan Gigha

Now adjusting upwards to +1.56 (still fast side of Good) but likely to quicken up I'd have thought as the day goes on. No excuses for Rainbow View that i can see so far regarding the ground

Well I wouldn't introduce the would 'firm' into any part of it. I reckon its faster side of good, nothing more than that

I've backed Rainbow View. I can forgive a defeat on seasonal debut and I liked what I saw last year. Not a lot more than that to it.

well done to sariska shame though midday didnt get up

rainbow view a non stayer needs 10f but i cant think of a grp 1 at 10f for fillies

Watching again...Spencer really is a dope.

Rainbow View probably did not stay but I would fancy the winner to beat her at 10 furlongs as well. Not good enough.

Back