The Pointing Thread

Sadly you need conclusive evidence for any appeal and I think in P2P's the Judge's decision is literally final but don't know anyone who thought we hadn't won hahaha

Clifton On Dunsmore

1st Race - Domtaline is top rated but looks completely gone, Soixante Six doesn't like winning and was probably 2nd at Bangor on his penultimate start. Connies Cross the one to beat here.

2nd Race - Lots of exposed types in this mares maiden, Inside Out is top rated by some way but think she's flattered by that. Chipmunk may be worth siding with second time out, comes from a good yard, gets plenty of weight and should have come on for her debut.

3rd Race - Should be a Fruit Fayre vs. Atomic Tangerine match this, would steer clear of Hen Knight's until it's had at least three runs. Fruit Fayre in this for me though probably not much of a price.

4th Race - Lottie Crane has made all on ex-rules horse Qoubilai for 3 from 3 in p2p's this season, I'd imagine they'll try similar here and he'll be odds-on if Palypso De Creek doesn't run. Interesting to see how things go if both run, Start Royal is the other big name in this race and the three should go well. Of the remainder Mister Philson stays well but I'd be surprised if Qoubilai and he both run as in the same ownership.

5th Race - Shutthebackdoor is a half to Shutthefrontdoor, he stays very well but is likely to be odds-on in this. Mine Sweeper is better than he's shown of late, drying in the ground would suit him as he's run well on fast ground in the past.

6th Race - Part And Parcel should at least have two second's to his name in p2p's but for falling over very late on, he disappointed last time out but should go close if contesting this. Moonundertheriver might go well at a price, he PU in a couple of decent maiden's in Ireland prior to finishing third to Pairc Na Leasa in December 2013, he hasn't run since but could go well if he looks fit.

Good luck tomorrow Maruco and hopefully it's a profitable day.

Martin

The Mrs is off shopping tomorrow, so I'm in sole charge of our 19-month old son. Thinking of taking him to Andoversford for a day out. Anyone ever been? Any tips Martin???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It looks very tricky and competitive there tomorrow Benny - I'd be siding with Gate Please in the 15:00, form of his latest win was franked at Chaddesley Corbett today (runner-up won) and main rival (Gamato) only seems to win at Charing in April.

Tony Dinozzo is top rated in the Ladies Open - though you might get a fair price as few will have heard of his trainer, Dom who sometimes posts on here knows her but she only has two horses in training I think but numbers TD's 25/1 win at Charlton Horethorne and Wilde At Heart's 40/1 2nd among her runners so she can clearly train a bit.

Martin

Clifton On Dunsmore

1st Race - Domtaline is top rated but looks completely gone, Soixante Six doesn't like winning and was probably 2nd at Bangor on his penultimate start. Connies Cross the one to beat here.

2nd Race - Lots of exposed types in this mares maiden, Inside Out is top rated by some way but think she's flattered by that. Chipmunk may be worth siding with second time out, comes from a good yard, gets plenty of weight and should have come on for her debut.

3rd Race - Should be a Fruit Fayre vs. Atomic Tangerine match this, would steer clear of Hen Knight's until it's had at least three runs. Fruit Fayre in this for me though probably not much of a price.

4th Race - Lottie Crane has made all on ex-rules horse Qoubilai for 3 from 3 in p2p's this season, I'd imagine they'll try similar here and he'll be odds-on if Palypso De Creek doesn't run. Interesting to see how things go if both run, Start Royal is the other big name in this race and the three should go well. Of the remainder Mister Philson stays well but I'd be surprised if Qoubilai and he both run as in the same ownership.

5th Race - Shutthebackdoor is a half to Shutthefrontdoor, he stays very well but is likely to be odds-on in this. Mine Sweeper is better than he's shown of late, drying in the ground would suit him as he's run well on fast ground in the past.

6th Race - Part And Parcel should at least have two second's to his name in p2p's but for falling over very late on, he disappointed last time out but should go close if contesting this. Moonundertheriver might go well at a price, he PU in a couple of decent maiden's in Ireland prior to finishing third to Pairc Na Leasa in December 2013, he hasn't run since but could go well if he looks fit.

Good luck tomorrow Maruco and hopefully it's a profitable day.

Martin

Cheers Martin. It' s appreciated.

Last edited:
It looks very tricky and competitive there tomorrow Benny - I'd be siding with Gate Please in the 15:00, form of his latest win was franked at Chaddesley Corbett today (runner-up won) and main rival (Gamato) only seems to win at Charing in April.

Tony Dinozzo is top rated in the Ladies Open - though you might get a fair price as few will have heard of his trainer, Dom who sometimes posts on here knows her but she only has two horses in training I think but numbers TD's 25/1 win at Charlton Horethorne and Wilde At Heart's 40/1 2nd among her runners so she can clearly train a bit.

Martin

Thanks Martin. Currently deciding between pointing, racing at Wincanton or staying at home!

I'd side with Pointing but I'm biased.

In case you see this before you go Maruco - Domtaline ran badly yesterday.

The value seems to have gone on the Hunter Chase today - would hope that Locked Inthepocket drifts more as made him 12/1, 25's+ would be very nice. Gale Force Oscar was a bet @ 25/1 and Parkam Jack @ 16/1 too but the value is disappearing rapidly.

Martin

Star mare, Chestnut Annie apparently won her FORTIETH race today when winning at Andoversford!!

Chesnut [got my pedantic head on today!]. Always think of Isabel when I hear of Chesnut Annie. Hope she's stil on the mend. Saw her ride a race at Bangor years ago and followed her career with interest after that. She lit up the paddock that day with her lovely smile.

Fav will win if it stands up - all the juice in the price has gone now though sadly.

I'd fancy Fiulin to beat Steeltown in a match, I'd make Fiulin odds-on for this but he's currently 6/5 with Hills.

Martin

Fav will win if it stands up - all the juice in the price has gone now though sadly.

I'd fancy Fiulin to beat Steeltown in a match, I'd make Fiulin odds-on for this but he's currently 6/5 with Hills.

Martin

Thanks Martin - wrong result this time but your replies and wisdom on this thread are always seriously appreciated in these quarters.

Ps went to Wincanton yesterday instead of Andoversford - sorry! Still, it's slightly closer to us and I had a great day with my lad (though racing on your own with a toddler is a challenge to say the least)!

Girls are much easier than boys trudij; they don't spend most of their toddling years trying to run away and get lost the way that little boys do. Although, thinking about it, they do spend a lot of time lying on the floor having tantrums but at least you know where they are when that happens.

When I first met Grey he was baby minding at The Phoenix Park with pram, body carrier , the works!
He left the pram at the foot of the grandstand and was worried it might be taken but as the majority of racegoers were middle to elder aged gents he need not have worried.
Plus the pram was too small for selling fruit or "four bars for a pound" off of.

Oh heck, don't say that benny, that will be me next season!! It's easy in the pram....

Make the most of the pram year - you don't appreciate how easy it is until they want to walk, then it gets interesting (especially if there's only one of you and you have to somehow drag the pram with one hand whilst controlling the toddler with the other). All character building stuff though...

Back