The Pointing Thread

Any views on tomorrow's Wincanton race? I was at Ston Easton to watch Thereyarsee win last week and he won really well. Wonder if he could be a bit of value against the first two in the market, which as ever has placed most emphasis on Rules form.

He's certainly the progressive one but not much value on my tissue (or any as I have him @ 6/1).

Double Bank the value play @ 20's at present IMHO.

Sam Cavallaro ew at 100/1 is the value; he will love the drying ground and will be running on when everything else is stopping.
Martin put him up 2 years ago when 125/1 runner up to Pacha du Polder if memory serves

Very good memory Eddie - I also tried to buy him but Heidi had beaten me to it. He's a lovely horse just have my doubts about his stamina over the big fences.

There's a few in there I'd like to see run well for purely sentimental reasons - Loch Ba, Decade Player, Broken Eagle, Never Complain and Sam Cavallaro amongst others. You'll hear the celebrations in North Cork should Decade Player win too!!

Martin

I've backed Broken Eagle @ 33's ante-post which looks a bit of a rubbish bet given you can now get 4 places and 40's. Drying ground would help him.

Will also be backing Poole Master who's won over C&D in the past and 20/1+ looks big about him with a decent jockey up.

Martin

Jesus wept, what a shout. Well done Martin. Hopefully going to Tabley this weekend with kids (money permittong) after enjoying it so much last year. Any pointers will be much appreciated. Thanks

Mr Satco looks some value tomorrow - no rain for ages in the southwest so the ground should be to his liking. Can see him making all like he did at Wincanton last year.

Looks quite an open race tbh with the fav probs on the short side.

Once more Delta Borget running over the right trip but a few of these are unexposed at this distance (most notably Our Chief). I've chanced Little Cornham at a big price, there's a chance he'll be outpaced over 2m3f but should like the decent ground here and gets weight from most of the others in with a chance (can rule out Court In Session, Rody, Dancing Olga, Total Rebllion & Doubletoilntrouble IMHO).

Martin

Was at the Tedworth Hunt Point-to-Point at Barbury on Sunday where I was the Assistant Announcer.

But due to the firm ground the fields were small with the main race being a walkover. Which was a shame but that is the problem with no watering available for a lot of point courses like this.

I imagine there will be similar over the Easter weekend - 22 meetings I think! And entries down simply because there aren't enough to go round. I'll be at the Taunton one where there will be huge once-a-year crowds who won't have any interest in whether there are 15 runners in a race or 2!!

Yes there is probably too many point meetings in current climate Jinny.

Still a good day out for the paying customers though. At Barbury it was the hottest day of the year Sunday so it was a decent crowd despite the lack of runners, and the variety of racing was good with a couple of pony races to begin with and the biggest field of the day being in the concluding Charity flat race!

Back