The Road to the 2017 Cheltenham Gold Cup

C'mon lads you are pulling my chain. He just was all out to beat 160 rated animals Cue Card is different gravy to them and that's without adding Thistlecrack to the mix.

Cue Card lost to a 160 animal on his reappearance. Willie wants the Gold Cup bad and this is his prime candidate for the race. Kempton never part of the plan.

That's a very weak comparison on Cue Card Euro ......the last time he met Djakadam was at a similar venue to Kempton, that being Aintree and he has a 165 animal Don Poli 9 lengths behind him and Djakadam a further 8 lengths back.

In his latest outing he's beaten a Gold Cup winner 15 lengths and a King George/Ascot Chase winner out of sight.

I agree Willie want's to win the Gold Cup but the only way that will happen is if horses like Cue Card Thistlecrack and Don Cossack fail to turn up, make blunders or for some reason fail to pick up and show their normal burst of speed that Djakadam simply doesn't have and the race becomes a slog through hock deep mud........Last year he would have finished a poor 3rd instead of a poor 2nd had Cue Card not fallen I see this year being no different.......placed at best

I just heard the Hennessy is no longer.......No Whitbread, No Massey Ferguson, No Mackeson, now no Hennessy. At least the Gold Cup will always be known as such

Cue Card has never finished a Gold Cup, Thistlecrack is a novice who's never run in a big field open company event and Don Cossack is coming back from injury.
And Djakdam is trained to peak for Cheltenham, what he does at Aintree or Punchestown is completely irrelevant

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Cue Card has never finished a Gold Cup, Thistlecrack is a novice who's never run in a big field open company event and Don Cossack is coming back from injury.
And Djakdam is trained to peak for Cheltenham, what he does at Aintree or Punchestown is completely irrelevant

People tend to think he is an old horse too, he isn't

He realistically should be capable of improvement too, cue card as brilliant as he is surely cannot

This assumption that Cue Card would have won or finished a close second if he'd not fallen is completely bogus. The list of King George winners who hit a wall in the Gold Cup when they encounter the hill is longer than the ones who win the race.

Todays' RP quotes Sara Bradstock as saying that Coneygree was "angry" after the Betfair Chase, and is "hungry" for revenge.

Next week: Sara Bradstock asks a chicken how it feels about existential depression in the art community.

Also appears to rule out the Lexus - if he didn't go to Kempton he wouldn't run at Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do remember her going very quiet after their "technology issues" last year and failing to get him enetered up in time

I'd imagine Mark is a bit like Al Bundy when at home thinking ' what the f*ck has she has said now"

She was swearing on On The Line last night. Im pretty sure the pair of them are just constantly pissed. She reckoned she hadn't had any chances to gallop the horse due to lack of rain?? A trainer actually stating they couldn't find anywhere to gallop the horse is just mental.

Todays' RP quotes Sara Bradstock as saying that Coneygree was "angry" after the Betfair Chase, and is "hungry" for revenge.

Next week: Sara Bradstock asks a chicken how it feels about existential depression in the art community.

:lol: She makes more sense to me than Euro and Granger telling me Djakadam is going to win the Gold Cup.

Do you think Willie is worried about Cue Card.

Cue Card has won 2 Betfair's a King George and many regard him as an unlucky loser in the Gold Cup

He is rated 8lbs superior to Djakadam and in the best form of his life. Willie would have to be an idiot not to be concerned.

You say Djakadam being trained for the race like it's some sort of advantage.Every trainer who has a horse with half a chance will have his horse 110% fit for the day if possible.

Reports on Don Cossack have been positive. Cue c Card looks as good as ever and if things go wrong Thistlecrack is some sub. Coneygree? can he bounce back........he's already kicked Djakadam into touch........You need them all to bail out one way or the other to win

Not disputing that I said placed at best.

Personally I would rather spend my betting money on mushrooms have a magic cup of tea and run the race in my head than watch Djakadam win....he's boring to watch:lol:

I agree Tanlic. If he had one of them to beat that's possible but he's asking for a lot to go right to get the better of 4 others who at their best would be ahead of him. If I'm backing a horse e/w so far out from the race I'd want a chance that he could win the race. In my opinion his chances are somewhere between slim and none.

That sounds like I don't rate Djakadam which would be incorrect. He's a damn fine chaser and will probably make the frame but he's only 2 ticks bigger than Cue Card was after his Betfair win. I know which ticket I'd rather be holding.

Back