The Road to the Grand National 2011

Anyone know where we can find the Grand Natstats, please? I'll probably just stick a pin in, but it would be nice to know stuff like past winners' median weights/age, distance, what going, etc. I'm sure it must lurk somewhere! I noted that the Cheltenham stats both held up and did not hold up in some cases, so I realise nothing's cast in stone, but they're still a decent enough guide.

Anyone know where we can find the Grand Natstats, please? I'll probably just stick a pin in, but it would be nice to know stuff like past winners' median weights/age, distance, what going, etc. I'm sure it must lurk somewhere! I noted that the Cheltenham stats both held up and did not hold up in some cases, so I realise nothing's cast in stone, but they're still a decent enough guide.

Here`s some stats Krizon.
http://www.bettingmarket.com/aintree2004.htm

Northern Alliance, Roll Along and Our Monty out of the National - in come Skippers Brig and Golden Kite.

Apologies to the backers of the first named three - but am delighted that GK gets in - a huge improver last year - stays forever - has a bit of toe and will love the drying ground - you could pick worse outsiders. Have had a few quid ew at huge prices so to get a run at this stage is certainly a help to his chances:whistle::whistle:

Northern Alliance, Roll Along and Our Monty out of the National - in come Skippers Brig and Golden Kite.

I just need 1 more n/r and Always Waining gets in - been putting bits on this horse all year - if he gets a run and wins it will pay for a very nice holiday - fingers crossed. May even get stake back on betfair if he's balloted out.

Having pulled Tidal Bay in the sweepstake at work i'm firmly of the opinion he is not a dog now :)

Proven at Aintree, stays all day, he's the one :)

I rarely have more than twenty quid on the national because I never have an opinion on it and this year is no different..

Lost confidence in all three of my antepost bets for this.

Backstage now added to my selections.

Geraghty gets the leg up on Or Noir de Somoza in place of Tom Scu. Will the horse have a better chance now,Tom Scu seems to like munching on the Aintree turf:whistle:

I've pulled Comply or Die & Bluesea Cracker in the sweep at one of my clients,might pick up some place money:)

Wrote a long and three-parts convincing analysis of this. But with so much going on forgot to forward the file to myself.

I reduced it to these (racecard order):

Tidal Bay
What a Friend
Big Fella Thanks
The Tother One
The Midnight Club
Silver By Nature
Backstage
Oscar Time
State Of Play
West End Rocker

Of these Silver By Nature is the choice on good/soft or softer going. Given that the ground is drying go for a small group from the following list (in rough order of preference).

1) Silver By Nature
2) What a Friend
3) The Midnight Club
4) Backstage
5) Big Fella Thanks
6) Oscar Time
7) The Tother One

Paddy Power is going quarter of the odds on the first five on the same or similar odds to the others.

The three that def wont win coz I have backed them are:

Or Noir De Somoza - £5ew took 28s but bet365 will pay out if SP bigger :)
Surface to Air - £1 ew at 66s
Ballybriggs - £5 ew at 14s

May have a tickle on one or two others if I fancy but only for £1ews

Good luck to all and hope all come back safe to fight another day

Back