The Two Mile Chase thread

Ruby missing myriad chances at Fairyhouse for the 1 mount at Sandown - and you're opposing him? :)

Can't see many Mullins horses with chances and he'd need to win 2 races to make slightly more than he would for finishing 2nd at sandown. Duobt if he gave staying home a second thought..I reckon he still loves the limelight

taken 9/4 uds. there's plenty of question marks but i'll have that price for the class horse in a small field. can forgive him a couple of losses to the GOAT.

Un des sceux best conditions are heavy ground and hurdles

mullins has not treated him with great respect

Great Race. UDS showed lots of guts there. Pity Gods Own completely banked the second, he lost some ground and it took him everything to make it back but he done so well to finish where he did. Ar Mad took them some gallop but his jumping was poor. Then UDS & SDG pelted the last 2. A great renewal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking race. Anyone who can watch that and not get goosebumps as those two top class 2 milers eyeballed each other over the last two fences must be dead from the neck up.

I pretty much wrote the script for this and the way it would be run but for the last 100yds...really though SDG had him :0(

Great race to watch though

It's like a double edge sword you get cut no matter how you approach it.

I always maintained SDG ran below his best in the Clarence House when going down by 5 lengths to UDS and today would seem to confirm that.

God's Own never quite got there which was my worry with him but they really did play into his hands going so soon.

Says a lot for UDS that he could find enough to pull away from SDG in the final stages....That was as good a performance as Sprinter put up in his prep race last year.

I can't see the same SDG turn up at Cheltenham he doesn't see capable of holding his form that long into the season and God's Own, held again, would need something to go amiss with UDS to beat him.

UDS 10/1 for the QMCC seems ridiculous but such is the class of Douvan.

Neither horse can be backed as no one has a clue what Mullins and Ricci are thinking......Douvan could still end up in the King George and if he were to run and win it..............what then?

I don't think SS won 2 Tingles, he's only had one so I think Sire de Grugy with 2 of them is not given enough credit. He was injured in 2014 and reappeared after almost an year and only now he slowly started to get back to his best although he's nearly 11. Great horse.

Cracking race. Anyone who can watch that and not get goosebumps as those two top class 2 milers eyeballed each other over the last two fences must be dead from the neck up.

I must be dead from the neck up.

It was a good race to watch, but goosebumps?

This wasn't Brigadier Gerard and Bustino. This was two ordinary 2-milers slogging it out. I've had more goosebumps waiting for a meal to arrive. :)

Yeah, I agree with Dessie. I enjoyed the race and shouted UDS without a bet because the hoopla and fan boy scarf fuckery that surrounds Sire' bugs me. But no goosebumps really.

Last edited:
I don't think SS won 2 Tingles, he's only had one so I think Sire de Grugy with 2 of them is not given enough credit. He was injured in 2014 and reappeared after almost an year and only now he slowly started to get back to his best although he's nearly 11. Great horse.

How many do you think Sprinter Sacre would have won but for ill-health ? He beat Sire de Grugy at Kempton two weeks after SDG's win .

I am a great fan of Sire de Grugy ( I was cheering him up the hill ) and he definitely went off the boil last spring but I have no doubt Sprinter Sacre would have won easily today .

Yeah, I agree with Dessie. I enjoyed the race and shouted UDS without a bet because the hoopla and fan boy scarf fuckery that surrounds Sire' bugs me. But no goosebumps really.

Plenty of scarfuckery for UDS too.

Too much scarfuckery in general nowadays. Do we have the Kauto Star fan club to thank/blame for it?

(No, I don't wear a football club scarf. Ever.)

:)

I imagine if there's one in the JP colours I cold force myself to wear it. After all, it would be like my old school colours and I could always pass myself off as a simple reminiscer.

Back