The Two Mile Chase thread

Well fook you lot :o) The Sauntering Sprinter Sacre is back in work and already he looks better than he has since his ailment.

Nico cried last year thinking the horse might never come back but today he has a smile like a Cheshire cat...

Today he said "That was awesome I have never felt so much power underneath me"

Right after he got off his Kawasaki's 2012 ZX-14R he went and schooled Sprinter Scare over 4 fences :lol:

There was me thinking he had just nipped in to the daughters bedroom.

There was me thinking he had just nipped in to the daughters bedroom.

:blink: Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed. Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.

We'll be in touch :lol:

Latest News from Seven Barrows

From the railway side it is rumoured Sprinter Sacre could be back to his very best

sprinter.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I thought Dodging Bullets looked as good as ever the other day and will play a big part in this years race.

This UDS is going to have a race on his hands with Dodging Bullets 2015 perhaps being his toughest challenge to date.

We assume that UDS having beaten SDG and SDG almost taking the scalp of SS then UDS can beat SS....we assume.

I don't think he can but lets assume he can.

If we assume that then it is possible that not only has SS gone backwards but also that SDG is not the horse he was.

I just can't away from the fact the Arkle he won is beginning to look like a very weak renewal and apart from SDG there's nothing to say he's anywhere near unbeatable.

It could be he's just a horse who does what he has to and has something better taking him on in the Arkle he would have found what was needed.

It for me is turning into the best 2 mile race in years and could go any one of 3 or 4 ways

You could be right Tanlic
The four outcomes I can envisage are
UDS falls
UDS unseats
UDS wins by 6 lengths
UDS wins by 66 lengths :)

Special Tiara though, he was third last year in a far worse renewal. Only thing that puts me off.

Yeah I know what you mean, fair point.

I'm more looking at an ew steal than the most likely winner (I can't land one 1). Henry's record is phenomenal, the horse is highly likely to get round and run to his mark. Price is too big for me.

Felix Yonger to go for the Queen Mother.

Mullins: "It looks like we'll let him take his chance [in the Champion Chase]. Maybe he could go there [to Japan] next year.

"He's in as good a form as he's ever been and I'd be hoping he can get in the money."

So what? he'll be 30 lengths behind Sprinter coe the winning ling.,

Latest about SS is he has shown massive improvement and Nico says this is the same

Sprinter who won way back in .

Ruby : I would be alot happier of Sprinter Sacre stayed at home

Barry. I would not want Daryl break 2 legs when one is enough

I just looked at Timeform's rating for those contesting the QMCC and I am gobsmacked.

Un De Sceaux 180p. Which page of the Beano did they pull that out off? I get the small p it's the 180 I don't get

Exactly which highly rated horse did he beat to obtain a 180?

Certainly can't be Sire De Grugy who scraped home from a 166 horse then was beaten by Sprinter Sacre 171

Assuming 1 lb is = to 1 Length what they seem to be saying is he beat Sire De Grugy 169 by 5 lengths but he'd beat a higher rated horse SS Sprinter Sacre (by them) by over 10 lengths.

I'd love to see UDS try to give Sprinter about 10lbs.

The proximity of Traffic Fluide to SDG put whether he had run his race or not into question but that of course didn't sit well with UDS fans.
In there opinion Traffic Fluide had suddenly improved a stone.

Doesn't take much working out that that is highly unlikely as just behind him was Simply Ned who was stuffed again by 10 lengths by Days Hotel.
UDS beat him by 11 lengths which begs the question.

The point is this race is no where as clear cut as the betting suggests.

If Sprinter Sacre doesn't beat UDS because he really is 20lbs plus less of a horse than he used to be
I would stick to my previous post and say that the one who could shake him up is Dodging Bullets.

It never pays to underestimate PN's ability as a trainer and quite frankly there's not enough form in the book to say UDS is a good thing.

Last edited:
Timeform have UDS on 180p, Sacre on 172 and SDG on 168.

Dodging Bullets simply isn't good enough to trouble UDS - something PFN himself has admitted to. He was a very moderate winner of the Champion Chase, in a year when everything else fell by the wayside.

Last edited:
Nothing should bother UDS if we believe Timeform but there's every chance they won't mean diddly squat come March 16th

Sizing Europe, Master Minded twice, Well Chief, Kauto Star and even the brilliant Moscow Flyer were all thought to be unbeatable.

They were all beaten in the race and he has a long way to go to emulate most of them

Nothing should bother UDS if we believe Timeform but there's every chance they won't mean diddly squat come March 16th

Sizing Europe, Master Minded twice, Well Chief, Kauto Star and even the brilliant Moscow Flyer were all thought to be unbeatable.

They were all beaten in the race and he has a long way to go to emulate most of them

as i see it re ratings..a person has a few choices

1 Timeform = based on form
2 Official mark = basesd on form
3 do your own = based on form
4 Tanlic ratings = form + just knock off 10lbs if trained by mullins or add 10lb if trained by Henderson or Jonjo

take your pick really

Back