The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Any reasoning mate?

We were offered this horse for our syndicate but before he ran well l/t/o at 25/1, he wasn't anywhere near wound up. Trainer then contacted syndicate to say he was withdrawing offer as he put a lot of money into this horse and didn't want to share prize money as in his words this horse was about to run up a sequence. Either the horse didn't run his race or the race was full of well h'capped horses - with 3rd, 4th & 5th due out again in the next 6 days we'll find out.

Any reasoning mate?

We were offered this horse for our syndicate but before he ran well l/t/o at 25/1, he wasn't anywhere near wound up. Trainer then contacted syndicate to say he was withdrawing offer as he put a lot of money into this horse and didn't want to share prize money as in his words this horse was about to run up a sequence. Either the horse didn't run his race or the race was full of well h'capped horses - with 3rd, 4th & 5th due out again in the next 6 days we'll find out.

Is it me or is that a bit of a pointer as to how little regard the trainer has for his owners? He was happy for you all to spend your hard-earned when he thought the horse wasn't any good, but as soon as it looked like the horse could be about to win he withdraws the offer. Bad behaviour imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it me or is that a bit of a pointer as to how little regard the trainer has for his owners? He was happy for you all to spend your hard-earned when he thought the horse wasn't any good, but as soon as it looked like the horse could be about to win he withdraws the offer. Bad behaviour imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No it wasn't like that Benny. We are a large syndicate with not a lot of money and the trainer has helped us out a lot, to the point it has cost him money so it was fully understandable. The real problem lies in our syndicate and a lot of people only paying £10 a month, the organiser needs to realise it's not enough, otherwise we will constantly be looking to lease half shares in horses. David Evans is a very good trainer and I'm sorry if my words portrayed him in any other way. We have parted company on very good terms and wish him all the best for the future and we would highly recommend him.

Thanks for that mate, will keep an eye out for him next time.

FIRE IN BABYLON (Wolverhampton 4.40)

Apologies, I honestly thought I would be adding a winner to the thread there. Connections were very confident today and for some reason he just did not fire at all, was never going well. I shall definitely retire from the thread.

At some point Slim Chance will arrive here like Gandalf from the east at the Battle of Minas Tirith.

Stay alive, stay alive. He will come back.

Back