Today is your last chance!

Agreed, based on his stable tour when many a horse was quoted as being an exciting staying novice hurdler you'd think that at least one or two of these would be potential Gold Cup contenders for the future or Champion Chase in the case of the speedier types.

My one reservation (and it's quite a big one) is his history with these sort of horses in recent years, basically since the Florida Pearl days.

Boston Bob may yet prove himself to be absolutely top drawer but depsite picking up a couple of decent open G1 prizes he hasn't hit the heights I once thought he may. Back In Focus looked promising, albeit slow but has been off the track for over 18 months. Sir Des Champs after a gallant Gold Cup second in 2013 missed the festival this year and at this rate could well do so again next year. Arvika blows hot & cold and Pont Alexandre - need I say more ?.

I'm not for a second questioning his ability as he's clearly a fantastic trainer but of all the top non-novice chases run in Britain, what does he have on his CV ?. 1 King George. Be My Royal was unlucky to lose the Hennesy granted but that was over ten years ago and I know he's had some near misses but surely with the firepower that has been through his hands there would be more.

But maybe with the current crop that is all about to change.

I'm not sure about this. Nobody else was going to be picking up many of the big chases when Kauto and Denman were around and On His Own went very close in this year's Gold Cup after all.

He's done well in the RSA, but hasn't really targeted the handicaps, so there's only and handful of races left after that. His percentages are probably corrupted slightly by the bumper in fairness

Vautour is s machine
Un De Sceaux is going to hack up at Thurles and the sound bytes will scream "It's the Arkle stupid".

We KNOW both cannot run in the Arkle but who is more likely to run in it? It's not rocket science is it? The ground on day one will in all probability be on the soft side of good which is perfect for UDS. You'd also be very confident that two miles is his only option at the festival. He is long odds on to run in the Arkle. What does this mean for Vautour? He is a beast! Any trip, any ground wouldn't get this horse beat. He will hack up in the JLT. 'Shrewd' bettors are sniffing around taking prices on him for the Champion Chase but that's just not Willie Mullins style so he's odds on to run in the JLT.

If you agree so far then the only question is how to maximise your return on this and it's quite simple. By doubling Un De Sceaux 4/1 for the Arkle and Vautour 3/1 for the JLT you are getting laid 19/1 on a double that is completely related because one horses target is a function of the other horses running plans.

Be smart and take this oppurtunity to lock in massive value now.

Well done
congratulations

I've been kicking myself that I missed this for months, even more so now obviously.

Well done, cracking shout.

Well done Slim...bottle went and I laid one of my doubles off but kept the first one so todays gonna be a great day no matter what...Thank you

Slim - well done, great shout. And thanks, I followed you in based on your confidence.

Secondly, I saw your post other day saying you lost this bet due to an account closing. I had a tenner each way on this and have cleared £200 profit.
I would never have picked this bet out and just followed you in so im more than happy to PayPal you £50 of this as its **** that you've lost yours.

Slim - well done, great shout. And thanks, I followed you in based on your confidence.

Secondly, I saw your post other day saying you lost this bet due to an account closing. I had a tenner each way on this and have cleared £200 profit.
I would never have picked this bet out and just followed you in so im more than happy to PayPal you £50 of this as its **** that you've lost yours.

Absolutely not. It's not your fault I got myself into this mess. My day will come around again, this is the one that got away.

Last edited:
I know its not, but as I can't buy you several drinks it was the equivalent. Thanks anyway for posting it and what a performance by Vautour.

amazing stuff slim...thats prob the longest essay youve ever written to sell that plan

some of the other stuff on this thread!!! clive only posts on nicholls victory threads these days

I know its not, but as I can't buy you several drinks it was the equivalent. Thanks anyway for posting it and what a performance by Vautour.

I do my best to help people out on here when I think I see something outstanding value for small stakes. I'm delighted so many took the advice. I'll get the cash in the end one way or another.

Some know, others guess.

Last edited:
amazing stuff slim...thats prob the longest essay youve ever written to sell that plan

some of the other stuff on this thread!!! clive only posts on nicholls victory threads these days

It upset me today to see I explained some of he reasoning to you ******* inferiors. 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Last edited:
He's good isn't he -- that Slim fella, that is, not the horse. :)
Great tipstering bud, very few call an ante-post double correctly. :thumbsup:

I would like to second Del's comments. I had to trawl 7 different accounts, but I tracked the £25 double down to Laddies account so £700 closer to where I was before Tuesday. Well done again Slim.

Back