Today's Fancy

My last attempt at a lively outsider if this doesn't at least place.

Hamilton 3:10 Royal Blade - if this horse can reproduce his last run over this C/D I feel he must go very close.

Resurge 3.25 Epsom. Up in the weights but handles Epsom well. Goes on the ground and at 10/1 ew is a good place proposition with a ppotential win prospect.

I am going to risk being the forum dunce, and put up Eagle Canyon at 5/1 with Hills in the 6.00 at the Curragh. He showed a lot of pace in his first two runs at two. I would ignore the runs on soft last back end.

Montjeus by Darshaan mares don't typically win 3yo sprint maidens, but this fellow might be worth a go at the price, given the paucity of decent opposition.

I haven't a clue if he will be gambled into 3s and piss in, or drift to 10s and run poorly.

I am going to risk being the forum dunce, and put up Eagle Canyon at 5/1 with Hills in the 6.00 at the Curragh. He showed a lot of pace in his first two runs at two. I would ignore the runs on soft last back end.

Montjeus by Darshaan mares don't typically win 3yo sprint maidens, but this fellow might be worth a go at the price, given the paucity of decent opposition.

I haven't a clue if he will be gambled into 3s and piss in, or drift to 10s and run poorly.

I flagged him on Twitter as an intriguing runner. Cant go off as big as 5.

Last edited:
Isn't Hooray an absolutely awful price in the 4.50 Epsom? She's not even proved she's trained on yet and she's odds on.

I am having a large wager on Utley at 9/2 who's got solid form and I thought he should be more like a 2/1 chance.

I think Antara is a smashing filly and will take all the beating in this. Worth a small bet to get the day rolling. You would hope they could win decent Group races with her this year.

I had thought the opposite on a line through It's Freezing. Granted he could only manage 3rd at Naas the last day, but the first three came away with the winner tying up form with a decent race at Dundalk involving Printmaker, Sikara and Nucals Star, 3 horses that will probably end up 90+ horses sooner rather than later.

However, looking back, on the whole you are right Cantoris. Poor maiden. But you can estimate pretty much to the lb how Sikara, Nucals Star and Printmaker will run next time out. I include El Gran Torino and It's Freezing in that as well. I think El Gran Torino and Printmaker (at least) have a few lb's improvement to come.

EGT and Printmaker run this evening at The Curragh. EGT in a competitive maiden, Ansgar looks the main threat. Printmaker will show them a clean pair of heels in the last imo.

5.15 - Ellies Image is now back down to a mark of 60...last winning mark...is 3 from 4 at Catterick..dwelt when lost and was off 66 then..but was still fav..must have a fav's chance with 6 less imo..9.2 on betfair

Been given Watered Silk in 8:45 Doncaster but as it's a big h'cap, likely fav and second hand info I will only have a fun bet on it - normally wouldn,t back it but the last two I did that on both won :blink:

With a bit of luck Secret Witness 5.25 Epsom will go well today. In the course of running 21 times in 2010 this fellow went from 70 to 100 OR. After a well deserved 6 months break did not appear ready FTO but ran a good 3rd at Newbury in May behind Novallen Lad having not had the clearest of runs. Looked fine and has dropped back 7lbs to 93.

I seem to be the main player backing on Betfair but generally available at 8 or 9/1. My involvement will be a little less than on yesterday's fancy and I am backing ew with the place element to cover the win stake.

Several other bets today but most are obvious contenders that are well covered by the pundits such as Bourne and/or Coin of the Realm 4.50 and Falasteen in the Dash.

Last edited:
Back