Today's Fancy

Bits on information and word are all pieces of the jigsaw. Ask Jack for instance is fancied but a quick sweep through the formbook will tell you he is entitled to be. Chris Hayes is a super judge of a bit of work. I would not mind knowing that he fancied the horse.

Jesus if that Atlanta Falcon could jump straight he'd have lapped them.

Nice call.

Yep, jumped very wide at a few. Ask Jack missed it a bit, and as Gearoid points out the draw was a massive player. Plenty of weight. Double still alive with Supercede to rescue the week.

Toufan Express drawn wide enough too...

Jessica Lamb has just reported a gamble on Express, but Ado McGuinness says it's nothing to do with him. How much have you and OTB had on?

Jessica Lamb has just reported a gamble on Express, but Ado McGuinness says it's nothing to do with him. How much have you and OTB had on?

Ha! Nothing to do with him!! I tuned in when they were at the top of the hill and he was last....beaten 3 or 4 lengths in the end, i presume he missed the break?

I don't know what happened, he broke ok I think but I lost sight of him after that.

The trainer said it was two lads who remembered the horse winning before at Galway who sparked it all off.He said he wouldn't like to name them because it could be embarrassing for the connections of other horses in the race.

But we all know that. I am not having a go at Del, as I like all this info...it helps me to make a more informed decision. Appreciate him taking the time to put it up.

But if I were a bookmaker, I would love if owners backed with me. Heart

rules the head.

Wish I could get VC,Betfred, Will Hill,Laddy et al to go along with you Bar

Just taken a call from my good mate who's lad is at Swinbanks. Apparently, McDonald reckons this LOUKAS in the first at Ripon is the best 2yo he has sat on this year. Said he would be happier if 7 furlongs, but should be staying on at the death over this 6.

Galway 6.35. Amyone who has seen Spirit Of Cuba run this year will know how well it travels in it's races. It managed to get put up 4lb for it's last run where Samatha Bell (7) got boxed in when travelling all over everything in the race. Sam James takes over today and takes off 5lbs. Six Silver Lane and A Word Apart are not horses I would be afraid of taking on. Take Betfred's 5/1 Spirit of Cuba.

Last edited:
Just taken a call from my good mate who's lad is at Swinbanks. Apparently, McDonald reckons this LOUKAS in the first at Ripon is the best 2yo he has sat on this year. Said he would be happier if 7 furlongs, but should be staying on at the death over this 6.

Lets hope he doesn't go to Ripon though :D

I don't know what happened, he broke ok I think but I lost sight of him after that.

The trainer said it was two lads who remembered the horse winning before at Galway who sparked it all off.He said he wouldn't like to name them because it could be embarrassing for the connections of other horses in the race.

Scurrilous Grey - I believed you were above all that!!:rolleyes:

We went to Perth yesterday. Atlanta Falcon won well but Supercede was well beaten by Solway Bay who I was on at 12s :thumbsup:

Good for you, Brochdoll, you had a beautiful evening for it and the whole place looked great on the telly last night.

Galway 6.35. Amyone who has seen Spirit Of Cuba run this year will know how well it travels in it's races. It managed to get put up 4lb for it's last run where Samatha Bell (7) got boxed in when travelling all over everything in the race. Sam James takes over today and takes off 5lbs. Six Silver Lane and A Word Apart are not horses I would be afraid of taking on. Take Betfred's 5/1 Spirit of Cuba.

Real strong move in the market for this today. Will be a 2/1 shot on course at this stage. A few people have dusted down the video of the last run and put a line through the dogs at the top of the market.

Real strong move in the market for this today. Will be a 2/1 shot on course at this stage. A few people have dusted down the video of the last run and put a line through the dogs at the top of the market.

Ouch. that hurt.

Good to see the two Irish firms have priced up the Novices Chase at Galway tomorrow.

Gracchus was travelling eyecatchingly well when coming to grief on his latest start at Tipperary a couple of weekends ago and contests this novices race getting weight from the three winners. Alpine Eagle and Black Jack Blues are both dual winners over fences but Gracchus comes into this on the back of that fall and a couple of decent runs in handicaps behind useful opponents (most notably Carrigmartin), the Meade yard are in decent enough form at the moment and Boylesports 8/1 looks a fair each-way bet to me.

Martin

Last edited:
Back