Today's Fancy

I think the 15/8 is very big tbh OTB - would have him closer to 11/10 or evs myself :)

Is he not a bit high off 88 - I like what he did the last day and probably has more toe than a lot of these. That Vastitas was a talking horse the first couple of times she ran but has been dissappointing over all. Its a tight little race but if you fancy The Reaper that strongly I might follow you in at 2/1 Lads and Coral?? Give me that last little push please!!

Your views on the horse are pretty much in line with my own. She is entitled to have a crack at a listed race and just might fall short. I'm told she is fit and well and improving. I always love the way she travels and if you can get 10/1 get involved.

8/1 is best around - value???

Probably but thought we could nick at least 10/1 Alsawa. Coral are 10/1 but I cant use them. Have you backed her?

Cant get on with Corals either, 9/1 with Stan James - I havent backed her yet but I am going to - I hear only 8 bookmakers standing at dundalk tonight so thats SP's fuc**ed. Have you any idea what price she is with Celtic, Hacketts, Tullys - not on odds checker?? Have taken a little of the 3/1 President Lincoln so am reasonably happy with that.

I tried to back one at Wolves tonight EW at 14/1 in a 13 runner non handicap and they'd only lay me win only. Appalling trading decision.

Last edited:
Anyone would think there was no retail side to some of these bookmakers.

As for The Reaper I was very impressed with him the last day and for that matter when he made his Dundalk debut when second to Warning Flag (subsequently won a listed race and placed behind Dubai Prince in a Group 3) whilst the fifth from that race has gone in since at the track - there's always the possibility that he'll be too high in the handicap and there've been a few backed against him in the race which would also be a concern but at 2/1 he's worth a bet IMO.

I've gotten on at 2's seems to be dissappearing fast!! Cannot have Equus Ferus or Vastitas and Gearoid would have given us the heads up if Madeira Man was a good thing!?:blink: Three bets in one day - think I'm gonna faint!

Cant get on with Corals either, 9/1 with Stan James - I havent backed her yet but I am going to - I hear only 8 bookmakers standing at dundalk tonight so thats SP's fuc**ed. Have you any idea what price she is with Celtic, Hacketts, Tullys - not on odds checker?? Have taken a little of the 3/1 President Lincoln so am reasonably happy with that.

If Stan James are 9/1 than I presume she is friendless on Betfair. With 8 bookmakers standing she could open 7/1 and return 7/1 without a bet being struck. I doubt Ive ever needed guaranteed prices at Dundalk.

Baileys Ruffit, in the next at Newcastle is at around 40/1 on Betfair and 8/1 for a place. Not bad for a recent point winner in an awful hurdle race over 2m4f.

Anyone give Lacdoudal a chance in the next? I wasn't taken by garde c's run in March, especially not at nearly evens.

He has a good shout - Garde is getting older so his run will come to an end eventually.

Not had a bet but if I did it would be on the De Bromhead second string Changing Course at a big price - HDB has done well with Sizing Australia in these events and clearly knows the time of day.

I've had a decent bet @ 11/8 Pitkin (Wolves 4.20).He has got everything in his favour - running off the same mark as when he won off over C&D ast week despite a 6lb penalty. If there is a better 11/8 shot today I can't find it.

Last edited:
So i should put the nights beer money on pitkin?? Got ya. If im sober tonight, may god have mercy on you....

Back