Today's Fancy

I don't understand why your thoughts on the trainer would matter? Mullins is obviously a very good trainer but a lot of his horses are artificially short and hence there to be layed..

Elliot is just unlucky for me-likewise Hughie Morrison on the flat.I just can't
beat the bastards.

Paul Carberry's ride in the 3.50 today at Punchestown was completely shocking, I do wonder if this guy is just completely bent or a seriously awful judge of pace. Should be given a months ban at least for this one. 5L down at last on bridle, pings it and takes a pull, and expects it to make up 5L in 50yards. Absolutely disgraceful.

Flame, I haven't seen the race, but the P.A. man seems to agree with you:

held up towards rear, progress 3 out, 9th 2 out, headway approaching last, 2nd travelling easily early run-in, soon ridden and ran on well without getting to winner

Well done OTB. you not only put it up but re emphasised your confidence. A very profitable choice and so nearly a big take. Thanks for sharing!

Anybody looked at the 5.00 Lingfield. Given his old form and the resurgence at Kemp, did anyone else think Mister Green would be more around the 7/4 mark than 11/4? Not beaten far in last year's Winter Derby yet running off 68 here.

Can see both sides, I had him in at 4s to be honest. I think he was flattered LTO to be honest with you and was simply visually impressive. He's not the horse he was and Flood isn't someone I'd want to be taking cramped odds about to get one to win two in quick succession.

It's a tough race and I've had a bit on the outsider Jodawes who, if you excuse his last run where something was clearly amiss, he'd be a lot shorter in the betting. Looked like the step up in trip wouldn't harm him when he won well before Xmas and whilst it's annoyingly 7 runners, I've had a medium sized EW bet for me at 22/1.

Thanks for the shout for Hi Big Man, OTB, that was a very near miss, but I hope you made something on the place.

Do you know why there was a change of rider?

Elliot is just unlucky for me-likewise Hughie Morrison on the flat.I just can't
beat the bastards.

That's funny, I find Hughie Morrison impossible too. Even if I back a steamer of his it finishes absolutely tailed, cannot fathom it at all.

Dandy Nicholls and Jeremy Gask aren't far behind but Morrison is in a league of his own.

Well done David, looks like he's found his form again. Pretty impressive to be honest.

Mine ran as well as it's price suggested!

Last edited:
Well done OTB, was in a meeting and didnt see it, couldnt believe it when i seen it was beaten a short head, thats just a kick in the....teeth. Good info though

Thoughts on the 7.40 Kempton?

Think Ocean Legend is to be respected but 3/1 is plenty short enough. Arrys Orse and Bowmaker are priced up and reputation and connections respectively.

Personally think Woolfall Sovereign is overpriced, 2 from 3 on Polytrack including a very good win at the end of last month. He stuck towards the usually unfavoured far side at Wolverhampton that day and really grinded it out looking like he was going away at the end. The 3rd has won since and the time was very strong that day too, a decent bet for me at the 6/1 available.

I'd say OTB is gone for oxygen.I got a tremendous buzz watching the horse and I didn't have a penny on.

I'm as sick as a pig!! Looking at the replay I still think he won! He's a smasher but today was the day for a big price - I suspect JP may be looking at him now - he bought his half brother yearling for €30,000 two weeks ago. Would have paid for a very decent holiday!:(:(

Thanks for the shout for Hi Big Man, OTB, that was a very near miss, but I hope you made something on the place.

Do you know why there was a change of rider?

McNamara hurt his hand this morning riding out - could have made the difference but i thought young Barry O'Neill did well on him all the same.

Paul Carberry's ride in the 3.50 today at Punchestown was completely shocking, I do wonder if this guy is just completely bent or a seriously awful judge of pace. Should be given a months ban at least for this one. 5L down at last on bridle, pings it and takes a pull, and expects it to make up 5L in 50yards. Absolutely disgraceful.

Would have been a ride some of the AW boys would be proud of! In all seriousness, don't think there was any skullduggery involved, just incompetence but the Stewards report is absolutely hilarious:

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=51145&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Highlight being the line "when the eventual winner jumped the hurdle slowly he was satisfied to give his own mount a quick breather as he felt that the leader had nothing more to offer."

Give him a breather over the last, amazing!

Back