Today's Fancy

I've not seen it but Paul Carberry rides horses like that week in and out. Two identical exasperated hold up rides at Fairyhouse two weeks ago springs to mind.

Last edited:
It's a tough call for the best showboater of the last week....Carberry, Condon or Townend. Is it any coincidence that Russell beat two of them?

My local stable are very confident that Bold Bomber can follow up last Friday`s C & D win in the 6-00 at Wolverhampton. Just needs some luck in running from its wide draw.

I think the market is a fair way out in the 7/30 Wolverhampton. The Horse I'm most interested in is Reginald Claude. He's had plenty of racing but I do think he is well handicapped. His turf win at Nottingham worked out well but it's his latest effort at Kempton that is really eye-catching. Worth watching the video of if you have time. One of the few times of late he's had a strong pace to run at and he shaped really well. Travelling best of all and probably ending up in front too soon but still pulling well clear with Kuala Limper. That horse won next time out off 6 lb higher and I think the assessor has taken a leaving raising Reginal Claude just 1lb. Best held up off a strong pace, he should relish Liberty Green, Sacrosanctus, Kingscroft and Captain Dimitrios all taking each other on.

I like invincible ash over in Dubai. Jk the jetplane the obvious danger but I have backed invincible ew and the reverse forecast for an interest

DJ -interested to see you mention Kuala Limper.I get the impression that he is much more then a winter all weather horse.I could see him running in some very good races this summer.

I think the market is a fair way out in the 7/30 Wolverhampton. The Horse I'm most interested in is Reginald Claude. He's had plenty of racing but I do think he is well handicapped. His turf win at Nottingham worked out well but it's his latest effort at Kempton that is really eye-catching. Worth watching the video of if you have time. One of the few times of late he's had a strong pace to run at and he shaped really well. Travelling best of all and probably ending up in front too soon but still pulling well clear with Kuala Limper. That horse won next time out off 6 lb higher and I think the assessor has taken a leaving raising Reginal Claude just 1lb. Best held up off a strong pace, he should relish Liberty Green, Sacrosanctus, Kingscroft and Captain Dimitrios all taking each other on.

Remember the race. The winner is a very good horse. I'll join you at 7/1.

DJ -interested to see you mention Kuala Limper.I get the impression that he is much more then a winter all weather horse.I could see him running in some very good races this summer.

I know what you mean Luke. Elsie has a couple every year that progress from AW to good turf races. Horses like Myplacelater, Barshiba, Salford Mill etc. all started out on AW.

hard to oppose Better Self in the 6.30..looks shoe in

My Lord [badly handicapped] will probably get taken on for the lead by selling winner Honkers Bonkers

Last edited:
Honkers better on fibresand I reckon, but a blanket between the 3 on best form. Don't want to get involved as think it will come down to, as you say, how much Honkers Bonkers stops My Lord dictating.

Honkers better on fibresand I reckon, but a blanket between the 3 on best form. Don't want to get involved as think it will come down to, as you say, how much Honkers Bonkers stops My Lord dictating.

ML is badly handicapped as well though..which adds to the chance of BS..2.46 now looks a good price to me

selling plater handed easy lead..only one result..wtf was Fox doing on ML..it wasn't as though it wasn't a front runners race with the staedy pace the leader set..strange one

Last edited:
Don't think My Lord's weight on those terms was much of an issue. Turned into a sprint which didn't suit either of My Lord (who pulled) or Better Self who has already shown her vulnerability off such tactics. Race won and last by jockeys I think.

Don't think My Lord's weight on those terms was much of an issue. Turned into a sprint which didn't suit either of My Lord (who pulled) or Better Self who has already shown her vulnerability off such tactics. Race won and last by jockeys I think.

would agree..he might as well have let ML go on a bit there..wouldn't have run much worse because it may have been the winner would have let him take it..if not he could have made the winner go faster and drop in behind at a better pace to stop the pulling.

once a race starts like that it looks easy doesn't it?..you might as well just write down your best chance in a slow run race..best chance in a fast run race..and back which one is favoured after 2to3 furlongs :)

Folks seem keen to give Dark Lane another chance but can't see it myself. He's been getting beat without excuse this winter for me. Much prefer Valmina at current odds, career-low mark and would have gone very close last time under better handling. Shouldn't be any excuse from stall 4 with the AW Champion elect on board. Sir Nod the obvious danger as a C&D winner off this mark on reappearance for last 2 years.

7.00 race looks a bit paceless with most likely leader being hard to call..one or two have led before but i couldn't see any pace duels here..nothing likely to be lit up with first time blinkers etc

should be looking for a lowish drawn near the pacer thats not handicapped out of it

starting at draw

1. Defector - mainly hold up - not fancied - out of form
2. Sir Nod - on pacer - fancied - runs well fresh..well handicapped
3. Gwilym - off pacer - ok handicapped
4. Valmina - off pacer
5. Bahamian lad - on pacer - ok handicapped
6. Tourist - off pacer
7. Avon tuur - on pacer but nowt else in favour

looks like a tenner on Sir Nod and a fiver on Bahamian lad :)

Last edited:
Back