Today's Fancy

I really like her. Her second to Donnas Palm in a listed hurdle race is as good a piece of form as anything in this race. I don't think at their best there was much between Star Wood and Tramp Stamp over hurdles. I think she goes well fresh and with an inspired Paul Carberry riding she is worth a go first time out.

I think Whatuthink will do the business in the conditions chase. I was encouraged with the run of Healy's Bar. I understand the theory that he will lack for pace, but I think that he is a cut above the others here.

Ollie might want to hold on to him a bit weightwise for an Aintree tilt, but I am willing to take a chance that he will be given a good go.

7/2 is fair.

I shall be backing Lynnott in the next race. 3.15. This one should be there abouts today at around 5s or 6s.

A close third but i think today confirmed a niggling doubt i had in my head about this one, it will be very very tricky to win with. Lesson learned, backed it ew so no harm done.

Elsewhere, Frankie has given a masterclass at Lingfield. As good a two rides as i have seen in a long time in the finish in the last two.

While I am very much for having a bet on the all weather I have to back Tramp Stamp in the 4.15 Punchestown.

Looked the winner turning in, the petrol was running low at the last when he took a right fall,hopefully they are both ok, he had ran a mighty race up to that.

She's a very classy mare when she puts it together. I dont think she was beat at the last at all. She very much needs to be fresh though.

Interesting 60-85 mile handicap at Dundalk tomorrow evening with a couple of progressive sorts in Dahindar and Ultra Cool likely to head the market. The former Oxx talking horse looks to have finally found his niche on the all weather (where he remains unexposed) with his turn of foot looking a really valuable asset round a track like Dundalk and he looks a deserving favourite for my money.

A lot will come down to pace I reckon; Blackwitch Woman should guarantee at least a reasonable tempo but if she is taken on by the free-running Miranda's Girl (or goes too fast herself) the likes of Lime Tree Valley, Sugar Baby Love and Saint By Day come into the equation. The latter is arguably the most interesting for me, as his second to Hujaylea in April looks a seriously promising effort coming from an unpromising position in a moderately run race. He arguably wants further though a strongly run mile could draw his stamina out enough.

Any thoughts? The rest of the card looks crap.

I admire your patience in disecting such a poor race. My thoughts on the card were if I am still awake at 9.25 In A Nutshell will take all the beating in the maiden.

Ive had a look at the 8.00 and in fairness it is an interesting handicap with plenty of recent turf and Dundalk form to wade through. I always favour recent Dundak form to say Ultra Cools Curragh win. For that reason I an surprised you have ommited Arcadian Dream and Hot Sand who look certain to be involved on last weeks run. Rather than figure out does Hot Sand have Arcadian Dream held or not I would take the 5/2 combined against the field.

Would agree regarding Ultra Cool, Gearoid ~ hasn't looked the most straightforward either though the step up to a mile should certainly help his cause.

Hot Sand and Arcadian Dream both look to have solid credentials though I thought the former largely got the run of a fairly moderate 7f handicap last time and looks vulnerable to any improvers (though if the pace is moderate he may be well positioned) whilst I'm not entirely convinced Arcadian Dream wants a mile - though I do think there could be some mileage in him back at 7f.

I made Dahindar a bet at 4's which looks all gone, though I've had a decent E/W bet on Saint By Day at 25's - a price that more than compensates for his lack of recent form for me.

Will have a look at the rest of the card later but the 8.30 and 9.00 look the very definition of all-weather dross.

Last edited:
I made Dahindar a bet at 4's which looks all gone, though I've had a decent E/W bet on Saint By Day at 25's - a price that more than compensates for his lack of recent form for me.

Will have a look at the rest of the card later but the 8.30 and 9.00 look the very definition of all-weather dross.

Stop it now. You are nearly talking me into a bet @ 25/1...

She'd have been my selection in the race PW but the draw has put me right off her - impressive run last time out but stall 10 is a killer over the trip IMO and she'll have to be group class to overcome it.

I talked myself around. I really wish Coal took Laser, they are a standout 6/1 Hot Sand. It broke my heart but I took the 5/1 Hot Sand with Bet365.

It will be nice to be back on the winning trail though.

I wish I'd had a proper look at the Wetherby card today, and in particular the juvenile hurdle. I don't like missing out on 200-1 winners. Mind you the exacta dividend at only £3600 and something was shockingly poor so I don't feel as bad as I might. :blink:

Got word again for Tweedy 7.30 Dundalk tonight. Badly drawn , but horse is flying:whistle::whistle:

Tried to post this earlier but was on train Wifi. Think she should be about 11/4, 3/1 myself. Looked top class when winning LTO over C&D and providing she can get across from her draw, she should win. Agree that the draw is a negative but don't think it'll stop her if she repeats her last run.

Noverre To Go would be the biggest danger.

Tried to post this earlier but was on train Wifi. Think she should be about 11/4, 3/1 myself. Looked top class when winning LTO over C&D and providing she can get across from her draw, she should win. Agree that the draw is a negative but don't think it'll stop her if she repeats her last run.

Noverre To Go would be the biggest danger.

I have heard a whisper for noverre to go. However, the one to be on im told is from that trainer Gearoid loves to slate, Mick Halford. Banna Broiche is very very well in himself at home and will go close.

I have heard a whisper for noverre to go. However, the one to be on im told is from that trainer Gearoid loves to slate, Mick Halford. Banna Broiche is very very well in himself at home and will go close.

Have people starting whispering to you because you are a teacher?

1st Take Ten 9/2 2F (Drawn 1)

Runs prominent and makes all. Dundalk is not rocket science gents.

Cheers Gearoid. They went like shit off a shovel in that having gone fairly steady in the first three races.

Saint By Day ran like a drain mind.

Moving on to the last I want to be against O'Brien and Prendergast at first glance. The former looked piggish last time at the Curragh and the Prendergast horse did not look any great shakes on that ocassion.

Leaves You Baby came home well off a moderate gallop (107% for last 3f well above optimum) and should go close given a more enterprising ride whilst Lightening Stricks put up a promising performance at Navan and should run well if improving off that.

Yet to decide how to play the race yet mind. Any opinions?

Back