Today's Fancy

Persian Snow looks good value at around 4/5 for the bumper at Ascot. The horse he beat on his debut win, Balding Banker, didn't do anything for the form yesterday, but that run looks too bad to be taken at face value. The indications are that the overall form of the race is solid, and Persian Snow is entitled to be among the favourites for Cheltenham.

I prefer him to his main rival today, Mono Man. Mono Man won at Hereford by a big margin but plenty of winners there do that, especially on testing ground. The other (relatively) fancied runners didn't figure, and the places were filled by two outsiders.

Not the Gold Cup I’d agree, but you can’t have been paying attention! that’s Denman from Tidal Bay with Imperial Commander, Kempes and Long Run running for the spare place.

What Gold Cup is that in ? A new 3m 4f chase around Newbury.

After looking at the Ascot Chase for about 2 hours - I have laid Riverside Theatre for 15% of my bank..a bank thats dwindled by a little more than that since turn of the year:eek:

I can see POD & Tartak running well..possibly DP as well..which makes 2.76 on RT way too short

RT is up against it imo..is overrated for the KG run and may need better ground and a longer trip

edited- Tornado Bob looks nap material in the first :)

Last edited:
Persian Snow looks good value at around 4/5 for the bumper at Ascot. The horse he beat on his debut win, Balding Banker, didn't do anything for the form yesterday, but that run looks too bad to be taken at face value. The indications are that the overall form of the race is solid, and Persian Snow is entitled to be among the favourites for Cheltenham.

I prefer him to his main rival today, Mono Man. Mono Man won at Hereford by a big margin but plenty of winners there do that, especially on testing ground. The other (relatively) fancied runners didn't figure, and the places were filled by two outsiders.

Are you concerned about the sudden decision to fit a tongue tie? Didn't have it on on debut, or when due to run at Newbury last weekend.

Joesph O Brien over at Lingfield for McAuley. according to the rp, they fancy fog cutter and broad meaning. .

Are you concerned about the sudden decision to fit a tongue tie? Didn't have it on on debut, or when due to run at Newbury last weekend.

I noticed that too, Rory. Either they forgot to declare it last week or they declared one in error this weekend. I can mention another horse for whom this was the case. :ninja:

What concerns me more is that the going at Ascot looks more testing than I had envisaged.

Pride of Dulcotte's recent form isn't working out
Riverside Theatre may have been flattered in the KG.

I'm not having a bet but I can see a shock result here and Gauvain has a bigger chance in this for me than Deep Purple and Big Fella. The longer trip may suit as he stayed on OK last time out after a bad mistake early on. Had a small bet on him to finish in the first two @ 6.

The only thing that saved this week being a complete disaster was the wifes 40th birthday.
Silvianaco to get me out of a hole.

Back