Today's Fancy

Laterly runs in the 2:30 at Huntingdon and ought to win really. His flat form would be miles better than most of what these have achieved and he ran a couple of times over hurdles but looked like not getting home as a juvenile. That form has worked out well though and he was unlucky last time, when unseating while traveling well at Fakenham. The current price of 4/1 looks nice.

Great call Simon:cool:

Laterly runs in the 2:30 at Huntingdon and ought to win really. His flat form would be miles better than most of what these have achieved and he ran a couple of times over hurdles but looked like not getting home as a juvenile. That form has worked out well though and he was unlucky last time, when unseating while traveling well at Fakenham. The current price of 4/1 looks nice.

7/1 even nicer - great call Simon!!:cool:

What's the deal with Into Wain Simon? Presumably bought to go hurdling but hasn't yet?

Indeed bought to go hurdling, but his owner decided to wait until next year now, rather than starting late. Same goes with a few others - so he's just having a pipeopener tonight.

Thanks guys, I missed the race but he did it well by the sounds of things.

Just seen it - although it probably wasn't the best race, it's surprising to see a horse go so far clear yet still win so easily. Sounds as though they'll look for a race at Aintree.

Have got three "words" for today.

Mount Benbulben, mentioned above,Just the Job 4.40, on the job today so to speak, and then there was positive word for Otterburn in the 5.30.

Just passing on, personally the one i like today is Bel Cantor in the 4.50 i think it is. Trainers last runner, trip will suit better, and will be going all guns blazing.

Glad they went on earlier with Mount Benbulben this time - great ride to grab the rail and kick clear.

Think backers will owe Paddy Mullins a pint (or I could take it off the list of pints he owes me lol)

Glad they went on earlier with Mount Benbulben this time - great ride to grab the rail and kick clear.

Think backers will owe Paddy Mullins a pint (or I could take it off the list of pints he owes me lol)

He gave it a poor ride, but i dont think he would have troubled the winner.

Do any of you boffins out there have the time or inclination to calculate a level £1 stake profit or loss for this thread since January? You would have to imagine it's in profit???

Two to throw into the mix that will probably reduce the profit column.

UP THE BEAT Navan 3.20 improved to run second to Marlay Park at Thurles last time.

DEFINITE ARTIST Warwick 4.55 second to Kentford Grey lady on her racecourse debut earlier this month.

Okay I'm not one to piss on Colins parade but a good friend of mine who owns horses at Hannon's and also is well connected to 3 yards in Ireland tells me Last Installment 3.20 at Navan is a max bet. He has had problems but is absolutely flying now, has schooled well and will be heading for the Grade 1 Novice at Punchestown.

Over here in the 1.45 at Sandown, RAJAMAND is the Nap of day. He has fallen twice this season but the owners have sent him away to a professional to work on his jumping and he has come back a different horse. He has settled right down and is schooling immaculately. He is being aimed at the Fred Winter or the County Hurdle and may take in the Imperial Cup if he goes down the later route. He would need to be supplemented for the Fred Winter, as they weren't sure where they stood with him. Warren thinks he could easily be a 140 horse and he works very well with Knights Pass who is one of the favourites for the Cheltenham Bumper. They do not expect to get beat today and I've had a very big ew bet at 100/30.

Good Luck Peeps.

By the way, WORLD DOMINATION will win the Derby, you heard it hear first.

Back