Today's Fancy

nothing got near pillar of hercules either :cool:

i got badly stung with that horse. as i always love the mystery of pulling the derby winner from the barking dogs !!!!

if someone had tolf those dogs that P.O.H would get beat over hcp hurdles,
you would have been laughed all the way down the main street.

not many american sires produce derby winners either.

that said,

cecil & abdulla (or stoute & mohammed) are dream pairings for me. so i would like it if the horse was a superstar.

Okay I'm not one to piss on Colins parade but a good friend of mine who owns horses at Hannon's and also is well connected to 3 yards in Ireland tells me Last Installment 3.20 at Navan is a max bet. He has had problems but is absolutely flying now, has schooled well and will be heading for the Grade 1 Novice at Punchestown.

Over here in the 1.45 at Sandown, RAJAMAND is the Nap of day. He has fallen twice this season but the owners have sent him away to a professional to work on his jumping and he has come back a different horse. He has settled right down and is schooling immaculately. He is being aimed at the Fred Winter or the County Hurdle and may take in the Imperial Cup if he goes down the later route. He would need to be supplemented for the Fred Winter, as they weren't sure where they stood with him. Warren thinks he could easily be a 140 horse and he works very well with Knights Pass who is one of the favourites for the Cheltenham Bumper. They do not expect to get beat today and I've had a very big ew bet at 100/30.

Good Luck Peeps.

By the way, WORLD DOMINATION will win the Derby, you heard it hear first.

Cheers Flame, following you in blind and adding Gift of Dgab in a greedy treble!!:ninja:

2.45 Navan Hes our man. A local horse this one, and someone connected to it had a good sized ew bet on it at 8/1 this am, so its fancied to go close judging by the size of the dough he put down.

Okay I'm not one to piss on Colins parade but a good friend of mine who owns horses at Hannon's and also is well connected to 3 yards in Ireland tells me Last Installment 3.20 at Navan is a max bet. He has had problems but is absolutely flying now, has schooled well and will be heading for the Grade 1 Novice at Punchestown.

Over here in the 1.45 at Sandown, RAJAMAND is the Nap of day. He has fallen twice this season but the owners have sent him away to a professional to work on his jumping and he has come back a different horse. He has settled right down and is schooling immaculately. He is being aimed at the Fred Winter or the County Hurdle and may take in the Imperial Cup if he goes down the later route. He would need to be supplemented for the Fred Winter, as they weren't sure where they stood with him. Warren thinks he could easily be a 140 horse and he works very well with Knights Pass who is one of the favourites for the Cheltenham Bumper. They do not expect to get beat today and I've had a very big ew bet at 100/30.

Good Luck Peeps.

By the way, WORLD DOMINATION will win the Derby, you heard it hear first.

Heard something similar last week about the Cecil horse Flame - Would love to see him do it and not just for finacial reasons.

Navan 2:45 - I didn't see the race but all the first three traded at 1.01 on betfair - some fingers burnt there - did they all look like they were going to win?

Nice one Flame :thumbsup:- he won like a very good horse and jumped his hurdles beautifully - another profitable day with Gift of Dgab and Del Boy's sneaky one on text!!:ninja:

I don't deserve any praise for that, it was 11/10. Plus I put you all on a horse which was absolutely tailed off. I've done my bollocks, a 11/10 winner doesn't repair things, sorry people.

Rajamand hit the 4th last and down tooled, found to be very sore afterwards and I'm told distressed.

Navan 2:45 - I didn't see the race but all the first three traded at 1.01 on betfair - some fingers burnt there - did they all look like they were going to win?

Not in running they didnt, i had backed Hes Our man win and place, and had an inrunning lay in the win market at 1.61, he didnt trade below evens, even though i thought he was going to win two out!!

Not in running they didnt, i had backed Hes Our man win and place, and had an inrunning lay in the win market at 1.61, he didnt trade below evens, even though i thought he was going to win two out!!

I looked at them straight after the result and it said $400+ traded on He's Our Man - $500+ on Popcorn and Thousands on the winner - is there any way of finding out del-boy?

I looked at them straight after the result and it said $400+ traded on He's Our Man - $500+ on Popcorn and Thousands on the winner - is there any way of finding out del-boy?

http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/horse-racing/250211/Navan-GB-Nav/1445

That might been what was available to lay perhaps? I dont know.. The above is the link to the timeform detailed results, it says that Hes our man was matched lowest in running at 2.04, and the Popcorn went to 1.70.

(Thanks to Luke for highlighting this service, its useful at times.)

I have a feeling you looked at the place market where obviously they would have all traded 1.01 in running :whistle:

Well done, thanks for pointing that one out. Allez Les Rouges was the weirdest fav I've seen for I donb't know how long.

Back