Today's Fancy

not sure what Pipes talley is today but his form hasn't been great..so laying this Tracey Shuffle..the 2nd fav won in hevaier ground as well so its up against here

I agreed with you on that - my conclusion is that TTS is better than your average heavy ground bumper winner and needs keeping on side (after some R&R, natch).

yes indeed..given an even distribution will be a decent one

a similar comment applies to Quinz i think..Safari set too fast a pace..and was pulled up..Quinz & Nacarat ran alongside each other ..i remember thinking.. keep away from the leader as its way too fast..then Nacarat has dropped away at the end beaten 18..which shows what a punishing pace they went..but Quinz still managed to keep on...given a sensible pace scenario he still has lots more to give in future

Quinz looks like a very nice horse - your fav bumper horse runs tomorrow by the way....

Waaheb should hose up again today if he's half the horse I think he is. I was very sweet on Tijuana Dancer in the MCR, haven't decided as yet whether I'll back him again today.

Last edited:
Cass Bligh looks interesting in what admittedly looks a competitive handicap hurdle at Leopardstown this afternoon. Thought he shaped like the best horse in the race when last seen in a 2m4f handicap hurdle at Naas in October, travelling all over the field before looking to fail to see out the trip. That form looks relatively solid, as does his previous victory at Clonmel when he outpointed subsequent dual winner Anshan Dreams with the drop in trip highly likely to be in his favour.

The obvious worry looks to be the fact he hasn't run since the end of October, though he did win his maiden hurdle back in March on his first start for two and a half months. 16's looks worth chancing E/W to me. The Shepherd King may well be the one to beat if he acts on the ground, which has to be a doubt in my book.

Cass Bligh looks interesting in what admittedly looks a competitive handicap hurdle at Leopardstown this afternoon. Thought he shaped like the best horse in the race when last seen in a 2m4f handicap hurdle at Naas in October, travelling all over the field before looking to fail to see out the trip. That form looks relatively solid, as does his previous victory at Clonmel when he outpointed subsequent dual winner Anshan Dreams with the drop in trip highly likely to be in his favour.

The obvious worry looks to be the fact he hasn't run since the end of October, though he did win his maiden hurdle back in March on his first start for two and a half months. 16's looks worth chancing E/W to me. The Shepherd King may well be the one to beat if he acts on the ground, which has to be a doubt in my book.

:cool:

Could be way off here, but at 25/1 worth a go..

Lucky Mellor in the 2.30 Wolverhampton tomorrow. Decent enough form over the course, including a good run over the CD, dropped a couple of lbs to sneak in to this 0-75 off topweight, Neil Callan's previous 2 rides on the horse were a win and a 2nd place, seems to run well after a break of a month (last run 27th Jan), the 28's & 25's from the early prices have been nibbled at, at 25/1 we can pay to find out if the likeminds are correct.

Just a small mention for BEYOND THE TWEED Catterick 5.10.

Nice racecourse debut at Musselburgh and I'm hoping he'll be capable of claiming a place today, around 16 on Betfair.

When Sweet Origin wins the Duke of Edinburgh at Royal Ascot I'll be reminded how daft I was opposing him off 73 in a Wolverhampon 0-75 at 6.00. However the fact remains that I'd have finished third in the maiden he got off the mark in lto. Small play on Hallstatt who remains much lower than when winning at Nottingham last summer, has a big turnaround with Straversjoy from his good third over C&D in the autumn and might come of for a recent run behind Gloucester and Carter.

I thought Black Pond looked horrible and paceless on his debut.He could improve but for me he is a lay at odds on in the 5 o clock.

Wow -odds on joint favs -can't remember seeing that for a long time.I can remember 2 odds on shots in good races in the 80s.
Race won by a 50/1 shot who was beaten 50 lengths in a Southwell bumper last time out.

Wow -odds on joint favs -can't remember seeing that for a long time.I can remember 2 odds on shots in good races in the 80s.
Race won by a 50/1 shot who was beaten 50 lengths in a Southwell bumper last time out.

Only Del Boy could get two odds on shots beaten in the same race and still not find the winner!:whistle:

Back