Today's Fancy

Killyglen 3:15 Doncaster - finished second in this race last year off a 2lb higher mark - changed trainer but still the same owner and has the look of a horse who has been campaigned with this race as its target. Has his ideal conditions and hopefully will get trainer Stuart Crawford off the mark over fences on this side of the sea after a few near misses.

Mujaazef is a cracking bet in the 5.20 Meydan today, wasn't beaten far behind Skysurfers LTO and only 3/4L behind Bankable yet he's still 8/1 against the usual Dubai faces who are exposed.

A mark of 98 seems more than fair given his run on Tapeta LTO and whilst the early birds may have snapped up the 14s, 11s and 10s :whistle: he's still a bet at 7s or 8s imo.

The cashpoint on four legs that in Uncle Junior runs in the novice chase at Gowran today.Check out his record of being beaten at odds on pre race or in running -it's unnatural.
He did eventually get his act together over hurdles at Gowran but I am willing to place lay him at the 4/6 mark.

5.00 I'm having a bit on Springfield Raki who is 4.4 at the mo against ...1.38 :blink: for Lake Legend

i think LL doesn't warrant that price..even though he has won left handed he wasn't fluent and his record RH is far better..on top of taht has performed below expectation before..has about 6lb in hand of SR which could soon be rubbed out if he doesn't like going LH too much

fav would normally just be a lay..but I think SR is better than the other one..looks the bet of the day to me:)

5.00 I'm having a bit on Springfield Raki who is 4.4 at the mo against ...1.38 :blink: for Lake Legend

i think LL doesn't warrant that price..even though he has won left handed he wasn't fluent and his record RH is far better..on top of taht has performed below expectation before..has about 6lb in hand of SR which could soon be rubbed out if he doesn't like going LH too much

fav would normally just be a lay..but I think SR is better than the other one..looks the bet of the day to me:)

Ouch!!!

Going to try for a big one today.Henry Daly is something like 49 runners and 62 days without a winner but there have been some promising signs over the last couple of days.He runs Speed Bonnie Boat in the 340 at Huntingdon-form is nothing special but I have a gut feeling that if she can't win today she will never win.Her dam was a decent sort who won 6 in a row.
There are small amounts available at bigger prices but I am going to take 12s guaranteed with Powers.

Last edited:
Not saying he'll win but there will be far worse 100/1 shots than Abbotts Mount in the 14:10 at Huntingdon - the saddle slipped last time out when he as Pulled Up at Whitfield P2P though he had no chance anyway as he's a blatant non-stayer at 3m and his only victory in that sphere was when making virtually all in a 2m 4f Maiden at Garnons last March, he's bigger and stronger this year and the drop back in trip is sure to suit and I'm hoping that he settles better than usual (regularly wears a crossed nose-band). I wouldn't worry about the "P"'s nex to his name as they've all been at 3m and he's run well on a couple of occassions before finding the trip too far.

Last edited:
Not saying he'll win but there will be far worse 100/1 shots than Abbotts Mount in the 14:10 at Huntingdon - the saddle slipped last time out when he as Pulled Up at Whitfield P2P though he had no chance anyway as he's a blatant non-stayer at 3m and his only victory in that sphere was when making virtually all in a 2m 4f Maiden at Garnons last March, he's bigger and stronger this year and the drop back in trip is sure to suit and I'm hoping that he settles better than usual (regularly wears a crossed nose-band). I wouldn't worry about the "P"'s nex to his name as they've all been at 3m and he's run well on a couple of occassions before finding the trip too far.

I was just going to post about this race favourite IS

First In The Queue looks well worth taking on at 6/4.

Firstly his last run showed he lacked a bit of pace at 2 miles. I'm also not too impressed with his Sire Azamour's record over jumps..Azamour is an 18% hitter on the flat but this drops to 8% over jumps..2 wins from 24 runners..which suggests not one to take a short price about..also Hendersons last 6 favourite runners have all lost as well as an 11/8 shot so there is slight niggle there as well.

so for me..FITQ is one of the lays of the day

Obviously no Flat racing so had a scan of the jumps stuff and Mauricetheathlete caught my eye in the 3.20 Sedgefield. Handicapper given him a big chance and yard look to have turned a corner after shutting down for a few weeks. Step up to extreme tests looks in his favour too while Jason Maguire booked instead of a 7-lb claiming amateur. Enough positives to suggest a cheeky interest bet at 6.2 for me anyway.

I was just going to post about this race favourite IS

First In The Queue looks well worth taking on at 6/4.

Firstly his last run showed he lacked a bit of pace at 2 miles. I'm also not too impressed with his Sire Azamour's record over jumps..Azamour is an 18% hitter on the flat but this drops to 8% over jumps..2 wins from 24 runners..which suggests not one to take a short price about..also Hendersons last 6 favourite runners have all lost as well as an 11/8 shot so there is slight niggle there as well.

so for me..FITQ is one of the lays of the day
If you're looking to oppose him EC then Morgans Bay is available at 14/1 win only on Betfair and the yard have come back into form after a prolonged period out of it - 3 winners yesterday and 6 from their last 12 in total, the horse got bogged down in the soft ground at Hereford last time when the yard were out of form (0 from 28 in Feb) whilst his hurdles debut came in January when Tom George had a mere 6% strike rate. He ran well on his debut last May when second to the useful Henderson horse Problema Tic and I think he's worth chancing against the favourite.

Would be wary that there's fortunes wanting to back Fontano for the Emma Lavelle yard at 5.6 on there though.

If you're looking to oppose him EC then Morgans Bay is available at 14/1 win only on Betfair and the yard have come back into form after a prolonged period out of it - 3 winners yesterday and 6 from their last 12 in total, the horse got bogged down in the soft ground at Hereford last time when the yard were out of form (0 from 28 in Feb) whilst his hurdles debut came in January when Tom George had a mere 6% strike rate. He ran well on his debut last May when second to the useful Henderson horse Problema Tic and I think he's worth chancing against the favourite.

Would be wary that there's fortunes wanting to back Fontano for the Emma Lavelle yard at 5.6 on there though.

yes - noticed George had a right day yesterday

i'm just gonna lay i think

thats some right money sat wating isn't it on Fontano..are they real or what showing it like that?

Last edited:
MATCH Bets [Ladbrokes] @ Sedgefield

2.20-Eighteen Carat to beat Malin Bay @ 5-6
3.20-Mauricetheathlete to beat Ontrack @ 5-6
4.20-Troodos Jet to beat Authentic Act @ 5-6 [Nap]

yes - noticed George had a right day yesterday

i'm just gonna lay i think

thats some right money sat wating isn't it on Fontano..are they real or what showing it like that?
No idea but there are some decent stakes punters connected to the yard and they know what they're doing.

interesting one for sure IS

10 minutes later at Sedgefield I think Eighteen Carat is too short and worth taking on..currently 2.84

This horse jumps right when under pressure ..did win it Aintree off 108 but could struggle here I think quite badly

Last edited:
There's been planty of money for the Sue Smith horse in that race under a decent claiming jockey so certainly enough reason to take EC on.

Back