Today's Fancy

Gonna throw another outsider into the mix in the 2:10 Huntingdon - That's Mine owned by Trevor Hemmings and trained by Jonjo O'Neil - same sire as Allee Garde, The Tracey Shuffle, Titan De Sarti and Mr Thriller. 50/1 in places.

Great to see Abbott's Mount up after his heavy fall at the last, as normal he pulled like a train and dropped out having front-run for a long way.

Last edited:
Obviously no Flat racing so had a scan of the jumps stuff and Mauricetheathlete caught my eye in the 3.20 Sedgefield. Handicapper given him a big chance and yard look to have turned a corner after shutting down for a few weeks. Step up to extreme tests looks in his favour too while Jason Maguire booked instead of a 7-lb claiming amateur. Enough positives to suggest a cheeky interest bet at 6.2 for me anyway.

:cool::cool::cool:

before i go and have me tea i'm going to have 30 bob and a rabbit on Douryna in the 4.40

this horse has been consistently fanciedish in the betting for a few times now and with the stable now in very good form today could be the day for him to repay that faith

Last edited:
Well played EC. Looked completely different animal to the one that had been blundering around on her last 2 starts. The difference? Joe Tizzard off, Daryl Jacob on. Something that anyone thinking of basing their betting strategy for the whole Festival around Cue Card should be wary of.

Chef, how the heck could anyone have bet GAVROCHE GAUGAIN like that? He's added his fourth Fall in five runs to his form today, and I can only hope Ferdy Murphy doesn't end up killing him. That looks like the plan at the moment, though.

He hardly touched a twig today Kri and won 8/1 :mad:

3.50 Lingfield tomorrow looks a tight little handicap on paper and they bet 5/2 the field. Ilissos is a horse that has popped up with "lay" next to his name a couple of times on this thread in his short racing career and has been a well backed (and beaten) favourite on his last 3 runs. He travelled well on the last occasion but wasn't able to match the winners turn of foot as they turned into the home straight, beaten 2 1/4L, conceding him 8lb.

We get a formline with the overnight favourite Twin Soul through the winner that day, as TS beat Blue Cossack on his last start. Twin Soul beat BC by a length, conceding him 4lb. Twin Soul was an impressive winner that day, and was never going to concede the lead to BC, holding him all the way to the line.

Interestingly, Blue Cossack pops up in another formline involving these runners, as he was runner-up to the Gosden horse Songjiang, beaten a comfortable length and a half, receiving 13lb. Songjiang had previously beaten Ilissos a comfortable 2 1/2L off level weights.

What can we deduce from this? Well having seen Ilissos in action, I wouldn't be trusting him with my cash, even with the Champion Jockey on board tomorrow. He appears like a horse who will struggle to get his head in front on the faster AW tracks, in races around this trip some form of turn of foot is essential - perhaps he should try his luck at Southwell...

Of the other runners, George Woolf & Mrs Neat were seperated by a head when they met over 10f recently, Mrs Neat is weighted to come out on top this time, but they may be battling out for minor honours here. The only other runner is Baileys Agincourt who was disappointing last time at Southwell and may be outspeeded if making the pace tomorrow.

Twin Soul is a confident selcetion for me tomorrow and was surprised by the 5/2 on offer, I could see him going off at 7/4 or shorter.

Later on the card, John Gosden seems to have been picking off the odd AW race in the last month, having the odd runner who has taken the prize on 4 of 6 occasions, Judgement looks to be another who will run well in the 5.00.

Last edited:
Back