Today's Fancy

I'm only looking at this because j/j put something up about the Jackpot winner - but glad I did, so I will try to get to this Sunday's PtP at South Godstone, Martin. If I remember between the computer and the kitchen to write it up on the calendar, might see you there, which will be nice.
You should come Kri - it's a great day out and should be plenty of winners to be had and possibly some pony racing, very local too being just North of Lingfield :)

Hope to see you there

Well, no-one has anything special planned at the dogs for Sunday so, if it's not pelting down/snowing/freezing, I'll try to make it. 10.00 a.m. kick-off, I think? A couple of the folks who work at half the tracks in Christendom officiate there, so it'll be nice to say hallo to them, too. Last time, they were in charge of handing out bacon rolls... :p

well done OTB :cool:

lets see if we can further fatten the Chelt pot

5.30 Brilliant Barca should be odds on here imo against this disappointing lot..already got the best form and improvement to come..6/4 looks a gift

Good call EC - you are starting to hit form my friend - I will be watching your every move ! Canaly did it well in the end - hope you all got some of the 6's!!;)

Stuart Williams's THE SCORCHING WIND Kempton 8.30 was very disappointing last time at Lingfield (slowly away and never looking like getting involved) over six furlongs. Today's seven on a course that he has won on twice before (once 7f. and one over a mile) should suit him much better.

He did look a winner in waiting on his penultimate start over Lingfield's six furlong course.

We shall see.:ninja:

Clonmel is a half interesting card today. In the first two races I've gone for the 'bleedin obvious' and doubled Jim Will Fix it 7/4 with Pickapocketortwo 6/4. My main fancy is Whatsabillion (4.45) at 8/1. I would have happily taken 9/2. Raised 11bs when winning the race last year off 82 but despite looking competitive off the new mark of 93 he has not won since over fences. Having won two starts ago off 94 over timber he is now rated 9lb higher over hurdles so he could realistically have a stone in hand over fences. His best form has been around Clonmel and on soft ground and John Joe Murphy had a winner at Gowran Park last week.

Last edited:
Some money around for The Cayterers in the 2.30 Wincanton today. A very competitive race for this 6f flat winner, but does have form on a sound surface, speculative investment.

Clonmel is a half interesting card today. In the first two races I've gone for the 'bleedin obvious' and doubled Jim Will Fix it 7/4 with Pickapocketortwo 6/4. My main fancy is Whatsabillion (4.45) at 8/1. I would have happily taken 9/2. Raised 11bs when winning the race last year off 82 but despite looking competitive off the new mark of 93 he has not won since over fences. Having won two starts ago off 94 over timber he is now rated 9lb higher over hurdles so he could realistically have a stone in hand over fences. His best form has been around Clonmel and on soft ground and John Joe Murphy had a winner at Gowran Park last week.

Jim'll Fix It at 7/4 is the bet of the day - not overly pushed about the other two - think Mullins yoke could be dodgy at 6/4 - Whatsabillion is definitely well in but in that grade of race anything could happen and more than likely will. Best of luck G.

Well done to Gearoid and OTB on the first winner in Clonmel, i could not get on the Cayterers, so a bit sick, had intended a yankee with whats a billion and the second horse Gearoid had put up seeing as the thread seems to be in a bit of form.

I have had a decent sized bet on the favourite Bob's Display in the 4.10. Her form is there for all to see; a decent marker in poor novice chases.

The opposition is absolutely terrible today. Thepartysover and Ferris Boy could both have won the last day had they stood up at Clonmel, but that form wouldn't be that hot if they had held on.

11/4 might sound short in a 14 runner Clonmel beginners' chase, but it is not.

Last edited:
The threads on fire - well done all of you :D - just wish I could say I backed any of them :o saving money for Cheltenham ( a foolish statement I know )

Who cares. This week is all about generating a decent amount for next week. I spy with my little eye something which will be worth investing in at 5.30 Saturday!

As soon as my flat's sale's completed in a few weeks, I'm getting a phone a/c again and will use nothing but this thread for my punts. That way, should I meet you in person at race meetings in the future, I can buy you a large drink or smash your kneecaps. So far, the drinks appear to be winning out over the GBH.

You the man. Great shout Gearoid, much appreciated.

This is what you call a good post.

Explicit about which horse is his main fancy. Check.
Argument based in a logical explanation as to why he is "well-in". Check.
Casual sage of the trainer's first and second names. Check.
Moral victory, whereby your horse starts off shorter than the price you've tipped it at. Check.
Actual victory, whereby your horse actually wins. Check.
Comment made while thinking about scantily-clad, young, nubile female college students. Check.

Last edited:
Back