Today's Fancy

I'd be in the Pausanias camp, his time was even better but Fury will be hard to beat. Haggas thought he wasn't fully fit in the Guineas and he'd come on a lot for the run but don't think there's too much juice in the price.

Neebras seemed very well suited by the step up to a mile at Newmarket and the time was very good indeed considering he was eased quite considerably close home. I'd much prefer him.

I'm with gus regarding the listed race. Only disappointment for Nebraas was his reappearance when it was clear beforehand that he wasn't in race mode. Wtaching the video of the Guineas, I didn't like the way Fury went about things at all. His head carriage was very high and there seemed something ailing him. It might have been the ground, but I've got my doubts over him all of a sudden.

Ayr 3:50 - Beckermet is the fancied horse and Drive Home expected to run to a place.

I hope they haven't got the storms up there we are currently experiencing in London.

I think Fury is as good as a lay as you'll find. I think he may be the third or 4th best horse in the race. Neebras a fancy, and that Stoute horse.

I've followed you in at 5/2. My only other bet on the card was a minimum bet e/w @ 8/1 on Chebona Bula (Clonmel 7.05) off top weight but with the talented Sam James claiming 5lb. He was an early mover in the market last night from 14/1 so I'm taking on trust that it was 'clever' money.

:D

Not a big bet but covered my other bets on the day and glad I copped it! Sam James in handicaps off big weights is a lethal combination. 5lbs of of pure gold dust.

Last edited:
Small interest again today. Down Royal has a few flat races to keep me going.

I really like the 11/8 Look Busy with Bet365 (Down Royal 6.40). In the 7.10 I have it as a straight match between Kevin Prendergast's Brazilian Breeze and David Wachman's Shelley Beach. At 3/1 the pair I can't split them so I've had two doubles with Look Busy. I might take some 11/8 in a single too.

Edit:

On the back of Bar the Bull's thread, I'm going to start posting stakes as I think it might help people understand a fancy from a strong fancy.

€17.35 double
Look Busy 11/8
Shelley Beach 3/1

€17.35 double
Look Busy 11/8
Brazilian Breeze 3/1

i.e backed to win €150 (Prices Guaranteed)

I also had €45 @ 11/8 Look Busy.

Good luck whatever you back today.

Last edited:
I've tried three times to make a post about Scottish Reel (Cork 5.30). 8/1 William Hill. Everytime I try to hit the euro key my post disappears. I've a pain in my bollocks now and can't be bothered typing out the post again. He's ex-Aiden O'Brien, ridden by Paul Carberry and runs off 93. He was rated as high as 79 on the flat. he was backed off the boards in a Curragh maiden last year so chances are he worked far better than a 79 horse on the flat. There must be plenty of ability there. If he's fancied he's a 7/2 shot.

Last edited:
COOL MACAVITY (Pontefract 8.05) was an impressive winner on his debut on Polytrack at Lingfield back in March. The horses he beat that day have done nothing to advertise the form since, but he did look a different class. Has been given a mark of 80, he could be better than that, 4/1 available.

Back