Today's Fancy

Given a very nice ride around. He did hit one hard three out in fairness. One for the notebook.

Thunderball not under the pace pressure I'd hoped and held on from the 2 finishers, unfortunately! Certainly one to watch.

Fantasy Explorer was an eyecatcher in the last couple of furliongs too..

Running tomorrow in the 4.10 Lingfield, drawn 1 and could see him race handily tomorrow, ran a nice race last time after a long break, i thought the 16/1 was too good to be true with Hills earlier, that's all gone along with the 14/1 from Bet365, still a fancy for me at 10's, on a good mark and from 'shrewd' connections...

Curragh 5.30

Massabini could be way over priced when betting opens in the maiden at 5.30 today. A staying on fourth in his only run last season where he finished 6 1/4 lengths behind Tiz The Shot was very promising. Tiz The Shot ended up the season rated 100 and beat Banksters Bonus a similar distance as he beat Massabini also at Leopardstown. Banksters Bonus previously beat today's fav Apache at the Curragh. Crossing form lines is not an exact science and there is a doubt Banksters Bonus acted on the soft going but there is at least reason to believe that Massabini has shown form of a similar level to Apache and both are obviously open to improvement.

However one trained by AP O'Brien will be around 6/4 and the other trained by James Hartnett could be 12/1. I know where my money will be going.

Not a fancy but Saint Nazaire looks overpriced at 85.0 & 14.5 for the bumper at Downpatrick - 35L behind Aupcharlie who was 3rd in Cheltenham bumper - S.N. should come on for the run and Grassick had a winner the other day - out of High Chaparral I'm hopeful of a decent run at a huge price.

Curragh 5.30

Massabini could be way over priced when betting opens in the maiden at 5.30 today. A staying on fourth in his only run last season where he finished 6 1/4 lengths behind Tiz The Shot was very promising. Tiz The Shot ended up the season rated 100 and beat Banksters Bonus a similar distance as he beat Massabini also at Leopardstown. Banksters Bonus previously beat today's fav Apache at the Curragh. Crossing form lines is not an exact science and there is a doubt Banksters Bonus acted on the soft going but there is at least reason to believe that Massabini has shown form of a similar level to Apache and both are obviously open to improvement.

However one trained by AP O'Brien will be around 6/4 and the other trained by James Hartnett could be 12/1. I know where my money will be going.

I thought we were going to at least collect on the place element as they entered the straight.

So did I! Beaten 5 lengths but looks certain to win a maiden. Fran Berry said "one for the future" on 'Get On' on ATR this morning.

Whitewater Dash might appreciate the good ground if he takes up his enagement in the 4.30 Towcester tomorrow, rather than at Tauntan the day after. On a decent mark back over hurdles if you judge him on his chase mark, the stable seems to be in a bit of form with it's few runners at the moment and have had a couple of good wins with well backed runners, chances tomorrow, 8/1 currently.

He won very well. Good tight race for 2nd and 3rd but I do miss the thrill of Cheltenham :)

Last edited:
Burnfort Girl should give a decent account of herself in the 6.20 at Cork. It's a pretty ordinary race and the connections/ trainer know the time of day.:whistle:

Dahindar in the 8 o'clock in Dundalk tonight - if he's half fit he has a serious chance.:ninja:

What if hes not??.....

Today I like Spice Bar in the 3.20, and the trainer has two more at Musselborough today as well, any money for these would be significant, or so I am led to believe....

I have done some each way multiples on the three, main bet on Spice Bar.

What if hes not??.....

Today I like Spice Bar in the 3.20, and the trainer has two more at Musselborough today as well, any money for these would be significant, or so I am led to believe....

I have done some each way multiples on the three, main bet on Spice Bar.

Spice Bar is in the 4.0 at Newcastle del?? Now I've gone and had an interest in the 3.20 at Muss..Oldjoesaid must beat this lot on his best form:)

Last edited:
Back