Today's Fancy

Had a small crack at 20s, completely mitigated what (Midday excepted) has been a shocking week. I owe you a pint, Bar, that's for sure. This thread has seen some savage calls in the past few months...

In the 2:30 at York today I fancy Duncan. He's the favourite but a High-class horse on his day and should have a big say in this one.

Thanks lads. More luck than anything. I take more credit from a bet like Master Minded at Aintree than something like this.

If breeding experts want to have a look at her page and tell me how she was picked up for just six grand, I would be interested. Godolphin seem to like the family.

Apparently she will stay a bit further.

In the 2:30 at York today I fancy Duncan. He's the favourite but a High-class horse on his day and should have a big say in this one.

This race is similar to the Duke of York in that we have a decent animal from one of the sexier distances taking on a ropey looking bunch of stayers/sprinters. Duncan's penalty puts me off backing him but I think he might stay. The piece of form I like in the race is Manighar's second to Americain in the Kergorlay giving 2lbs.

I was really impressed by Askar Tau last time out and he looks more like the horse of two years ago. If he is in that form he will be hard to beat today and the ground is ideal.

I also like Theyskens Theory but wouldn't be going in big despite Meehan's seemingly stock response of she's flying at home...

In the 4.10 I can't see past Horseradish and Our Jonathan. The former performed well at Ascot against Hawkeyethenoo and should appreciate the return to 6f whilst the latter-who I been following for a while seems to have an excellent chance to regain winning form. Both well drawn Have taken 7/1 on both and added Hoof it for the TRicast.

I'm told in the 2.10 Newbury they think the world of Stella Point and as unbelievable as it seems rate her above Zain Al Bodan as an Oaks filly. There is still 66/1 about the oaks and 4/1 for today.

I've had a good bet on Estithmaar (Cork 7.45). Did a good piece of work the other day, has the best piece of form in the race and the opposition is garbage. I took the early 6/5 but 11/10 is a sound bet.

In the 4.10 I can't see past Horseradish and Our Jonathan. The former performed well at Ascot against Hawkeyethenoo and should appreciate the return to 6f whilst the latter-who I been following for a while seems to have an excellent chance to regain winning form. Both well drawn Have taken 7/1 on both and added Hoof it for the TRicast.

Top picking I hope you did a comb Tricast

Well done Bar The Bull as well - another legendary pick.

SC
Feeling rather flush due to the LEGEND that is Bar I went to town on the 3 though only backing Hoof It to cover stakes plus 20 %. But having moaned about trifectas recently had the 3 in a combination for both trifecta and exacta.
Recent weeks have been rather good

Reckon it's worth giving Viva Vettori one last chance in the 1:45 @ New. Run well twice here before getting placed in a couple of valuable races and if she's ever going to win a race it will be at Newmarket. This probably my last attempt at a big priced winner on this thread lol.

As you all probably know by know I love the thought of a good plot-up. My mate Chris from another board has pointed me in the direction of MACDOUGAL 6:20 Uttoxeter - Trained by Donald McCain Jnr and owned by Mr and Mrs Douglas, running in a race the owners have sponsored. The horse has the profile of one thats been laid out for the race and at 8/1 is an e/way bet for me.

Its not very often you see a race where 66% of the runners are front pace horses..the 4.10 Bangor is such a race.

Wake Board
Horseshoe Reef
Our Bob
What Of It

all like to lead and as such should set this race up for one of the other two who will be off the pace

Play A Cord
Marked Man

both look heavily favoured by the way this race will pan out..Play A Cord is 4.8..whilst Marked Man is the outsider at 11.5 at the moment

Play A Cord looks best for this trip as MM stays much further..i'm playing mainly on PAC and will stick some on MM just in case.. to show a smaller profit

Rastaban in the 3.10 Newbury is what I'd call a "Balls deep" each-way bet. Dead 8 runners and it's currently 33/1 with Stan James. He finished 3rd behind Glen's Diamond at Musselburgh last time out who has since gone on to win the Dee Stakes and the 5th from the race has also won since.

He should improve for the extra furlong too and at the price, it'll be one of my biggest EW bets of the year I imagine.

Eightybarrackstreet is as near a good thing as you can get in the 6:15 at Kilbeggan. 7/1 is huge - half brother by kings Theatre to two of my favs Canaly and Hi Big Man he deadheated in Listowel in a decent bumper. Cooper thinks a lot of him and thought he would make a very decent novice.

The stable lost form through the early part of this year and it looks to me like they we keeping his novice status till after Punchestown - this looks an ideal opportunity and cannot see why there are two ahead of him in the betting. Have backed him already and if I have a good day will wire into him later on!!:ninja:

Back