TV coverage

A fair bit of fuss about it when it came out.
Reports mixed after; AP a selfish self centered so and so who could ride a horse or two and took the falls.
"Could have been somebody but the peace process got in the way " was never ever said about him to my knowledge.

Did my ears deceive me or did Tanya say:

"Once more on to the breach"?

(Could have been worse - could have been 'beach'!)

I heard that, too. Symptomatic of any number of them trotting out phrases with no real comprehension of what they're talking about.
HTF is it physically possible for anyone to go onto a breach?
It would be a bad omen for terrestrial coverage if ITV were to renew her contract.

Channel 4 on a Saturday is one of the only days in the week I watch more than 2 hours of television. Terrestrial stuff is too sanctimonious and utopian for me these days. All reality based, whether it be the next reality cop programme, Jeremy kyle, big brother or some other mind numbingly boring reality TV programme. On a positive note, this has made me more interested in horror, fantasy and crime programmes and movies:)

Last edited:
Channel 4 on a Saturday is one of the only days in the week I watch more than 2 hours of television. Terrestrial stuff is too sanctimonious and utopian for me these days. All reality based, whether it be the next reality cop programme, Jeremy kyle, big brother or some other mind numbingly boring reality TV programme. On a positive note, this has made me more interested in horror, fantasy and crime programmes and movies:)

I watch very little TV other than the racing and the old re-runs on the freeview channels, and maybe Countdown.

I tend to watch my DVDs in the evening. Terrestrial tv really is awful. I can't imagine how awful the stuff you have to pay for must be.

Yeah I hear what you are saying DO. When I'm at my house, (I don't have kids) I need my mind taken away from daily life, I don't want to watch one producers utopian version of reality plastered all terrestrial TV.

Last edited:
Credit where it's due. Loved that replay they showed of the Champion chase with the 'Impossible Dream' music in the background. That one camera panning round from the top of the hill to the finish line is a superb viewing angle.

Still can't believe how little Ruby moved on UDS even when SS breezed past him.

Lol. Well it's dystopian in the sense it's reality TV you are right there....hope you had a good day. I had two lovely winners in a patent but sentimental stuck with Dynaste which cost me a few quid for my third selection, and hurt a bit more as I fancied The Young Master and in reality should have put him in. Never mind. .still well up on today. Wolf and Your Fired got me a healthy profit. Off out.

Last edited:
Lol. Well it's dystopian in the sense it's reality TV you are right there....hope you had a good day. I had two lovely winners in a patent but sentimental stuck with Dynaste which cost me a few quid for my third selection, and hurt a bit more as I fancied The Young Master and in reality should have put him in. Never mind. .still well up on today. Wolf and Your Fired got me a healthy profit. Off out.

Enjoy the fruits of your labour, Marble. :)

I broke even on the day which isn't bad going considering it ended up an unusually heavy day on the punting front.

I've written a note to myself: don't get sucked into betting outside the big races on this day next season!

Does anybody know if itv will cover the likes of the Craven meeting which c4 stopped covering. I'm sure there was a list somewhere. I miss these meetings and the Derby trial at Epsom. Won't buy racing UK as have had it free a couple of weekends and to me it's much inferior to atr. I know matt Chapman isn't everybody's cup of tea but I think he would be perfect for itv. Better than jeremy bleeding kyle.

Does anybody know if itv will cover the likes of the Craven meeting which c4 stopped covering. I'm sure there was a list somewhere. I miss these meetings and the Derby trial at Epsom. Won't buy racing UK as have had it free a couple of weekends and to me it's much inferior to atr. I know matt Chapman isn't everybody's cup of tea but I think he would be perfect for itv. Better than jeremy bleeding kyle.

Each to their own but I can't possibly see how anyone could think ATR is superior to RUK. The latter has better presenters, more analysis, proper replays (and replay programmes in the evening instead of US dross).

I like Chapman though - he'd be a good choice to fulfil the McCrirrick-style loudmouth buffoon role in the new coverage. He's much more knowledgeable than people give him credit for (probably because he likes playing the idiot).

To be honest now RUK is HD I couldn't give a fcuk who they choose as I'll rarely be watching.

He's someone's agent I think isn't he? I didn't realise until the other day - think it's Daryl Holland?
( I don't like the man at all, but I didn't realise he was useful outside being a knob on the telly)

Plunkett was her usual self yesterday as Johnson came back in on Menorah. The public were roaring their approval as he went past them on the walkway but instead of allowing him to enjoy it and acknowledge them he had a microphone thrust in his face and we had to endure this excruciating exchange:

Plunkett: "...we just saw your wife's here, your family's here, the love bus (?), all right, everyone said to me get Dickie crying, the tears are starting to come..."

Johnson: "No."

Someone should tell her that these things by their very nature need to be spontaneous. Her approach just kills it stone dead.

Last edited:
It also annoyed me that even when receiving his trophy and being interviewed afterwards AP was stood beside him. Will he ever be allowed to escape his shadow?

Back