TV coverage

Looking forward to the next instalment but surely the likes of Galileo and Sea The stars warranted a mention?

Even die hard NH fans would be hard pressed not to refer to them as laochrai!

Looking forward to the next instalment but surely the likes of Galileo and Sea The stars warranted a mention?

Even die hard NH fans would be hard pressed not to refer to them as laochrai!

I honestly couldn’t put either of their achievements into context.

I think STS won a Derby and an Arc? I think Gailieo won a Derby and a Breeders Cup race, and has gone on to be a successful sire? I basically know nothing about the Level, beyond that which anyone might pick up online by accident e.g. via Twitter (or mentions on forums) - and even then, I’m barely paying attention.

Would this pair warrant a mention? Maybe, but I genuinely wouldn’t know.

Would I watch a programme about them? No, because I’ve no interest in their back-stories, careers or futures. In fact, it’s fair to say that a documentary about Quixell Crossett or Rosemary Henderson or Oliver Brady would interest me more.

This is not having a pop at Flat racing. It’s trying to emphasise the fact that it’s perfectly possible to have a deep interest in one branch of the sport, whilst simultaneously having absolutely no interest whatsoever in the other......unless I’m a special-case, and completely alone in that perspective.

Last edited:
Often question the supposed knowlege of TV presenters;and the glaringly obvious balls-up they made of the 1.00 @ Lingfield highlighted this to perfection.
Both Matt Chapman & Jamie Lynch were enthusing about Luke Morris's judgement of pace pre-race, afterwards analysing to death what caused the odds-on fav's defeat.
His previous c/d win came in lower class, and he just didn't have the speed of better class rivals,today .
Twats :rolleyes:

24 lengths the winning distance.

That is absolutely huge.

I wasn't convinced Appreciate It had that kind of speed but you would have to say the form makes him arguably the best ever winner, which would be saying something.

Back