TV coverage

Terrestrial channels who have decided that the close up action of the leaders noses from an inside track car camera is superior to the standard angles where you can see how all the field are travelling and jumping, can **** right off.

I feel like I’m on the bike with the cameraman in the Tour De France!

Very difficult trying to read the race.

There's been talk on tv and elsewhere about the prize money cos of the kungflu so I wrote a wee simple script to see what's what in UK/IRE for all race types.

Some classes have been impacted more than others.

Prize Money Over Time.jpg

Last edited:
It's been widely acknowledged before but Ruby Walsh has been an excellent addition to the TV broadcasts, especially the RTV coverage from Ireland.

His response to the farcical handicap hurdle from Naas yesterday was first class.

Ruby can have a significant influence on the Irish betting market -yesterday he tipped Aircraft Carrier who went from 70 to 16 on betfair and 33 to 14 with the fixed odds boys.

I remember Shearer saying that he didn't take punditry seriously initially, even when on MOTD, but after a while he realised he needed to be good and put in some proper effort. Think after the first few months, Ruby decided that he was going to get better at the punditry lark - miles ahead of more established performers already - he is even trying to get horses names right. Miles ahead of Fitz and McCoy already.

Last edited:
His next milestone will be to start getting colleagues' names right.

And Henry De Bromhead was a bit startled to find Ruby trying to distract him from the sidelines during a live interview. I wonder how he would take it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Just clicked through my Irish Field subscription to join RTV on their offer of €12 x 12. Noticed the receipt had placed the order at €31 x 12. Anybody any experience of dealing with their customer services? Is correting this going to wreck me head?

Just clicked through my Irish Field subscription to join RTV on their offer of €12 x 12. Noticed the receipt had placed the order at €31 x 12. Anybody any experience of dealing with their customer services? Is correting this going to wreck me head?

Probably. Please don’t let it - you’ve got a lovely head !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The receipt will always say €31 as will your subscription details when you look in 'my account' when logged in online. But you'll only get billed the €12.

Was through the same myself when I first signed up for a black friday offer couole years ago. You'll be fine

I dont know how to articulate how poor his interview with Henry de Bromhead was but it should suffice to say that Brian Gleeson is a terrible broadcaster.

Watched the 1405 Southwell today, in the end it was between The Hulk and Farhhsical but in the last furlong the camera angle was so wank you couldn't tell who was ahead between them.

ITV to show six Cheltenham Festival races live each day for the first time...

Yippeeeeeeeee

Hendo's interview just before the last....

Hup, Hup, Hup...
I should have run him in the Game Spirit hup, everyone knows that hup now...

Last edited:
ITV to show six Cheltenham Festival races live each day for the first time...

Yippeeeeeeeee

Hendo's interview just before the last....

Hup, Hup, Hup...
I should have run him in the Game Spirit hup, everyone knows that hup now...

Are they going to pump in the Cheltenham roar?

Last edited:
For those of you that have TG4 the following programmes have been announced over the next few weeks;

Thursday 18th Feb, 21:30 - 22:30 - Arkle
Thursday 25th Feb, 21:30 - 22:30 - L'Escargot; Captain Christy; Brown Lad; Monksfield; Istabraq.
Thursday 4th March, 21:30 - 22:30 - Limestone Lad; Danoli; Dorans Pride; Beef Or Salmon.
Thursday 4th March, 21:30 - 22:30 - Florida Pearl; Hardy Eustace; Moscow Flyer;
Thursday 18th March, 21:30 - 22:30 - Dawn Run

I am a little bit diassapointed I didnt get my own programme but will have to settle, and not bad company to be in!

Back