Watching RP live coverage now.

Pre Ultima
Dave Orton - I wanna start with Matty Batch here as he might have found one
Matty Bachelor - I think I have yeah, horse of Brian Ellison's
DO - Can you pronounce it though
MB - No, that's why I'm going back to you
DO - Neech, Neetcha - Nietzsche
MB - That's it.
DO - Yes, Nietzsche...not sure what it means actually.

:lol::lol:

At least they gave him an Ubermensch...

I haven't watched The Morning Line for years. Dipped in today for my sins. Chapman is one of the most unwatchable tools I have ever seen.

Never again.

I'm losing the will to live listening to his attempts at pronouncing Gaillard Du Mesnil (even Oli got it right this morning) and Keskonrisk. This despite the fact that the latter has already been transcribed from the actual French into a near-equivalent in English.

He's an arsehole bigger than the entrance to the Channel Tunnel.

I have actually decided that Ruby has come into his own this week. His race analysis is superb in my opinion especially beforehand when you are watching the previous races.

yeah ruby is the diamond amongst the steaming pile of excrement that is the itv broadcast (hoiles is ok as well)

In a time when it's imperative that racing is as accessible to everyone as possible, Luke Harvey's going on about how the field for the Brown Advisory race cost a combined £1.25m.

Thick as mince.

I wish the TV people would shut the fvck up about Tiger Roll and National.

The handicapper has every right to feel pretty pleased with standing his ground. I said last time TR wasn't done and it was great to see him right back to his best.

Whatever anyone thinks of ITV Racing, the plus side is that they are extending their coverage on terrestrial TV which has to be a good thing?

Last edited:
Whatever anyone thinks of ITV Racing, the plus side is that they are extending their coverage on terrestrial TV which has to be a good thing?

I do agree.

It was also mentioned somewhere else recently that the agenda was to make racing as appealing as possible to as wide an audience as possible (which we'd all worked out early on) so they're also making a good fist of that.

I just wish they could do it in a less cloying manner but maybe that's what the wider audience wants in this social-media-driven crazy world we live in.

Let's face it, when programmes like Love Island and Married at First Sight etc can end up on terrestrial TV we're all fvcked.

I feel I've been overly hard on them as well, at times.

I get why they dont labour on the paddock coverage, the horses going to the start, or focus on the "ring" as it used to be. I can get why they cut to the horses as they are down at the start ready to jump. The urge to get a good hashtag trending, or trying to appeal to Love Island fans or even football fans is needy but bearable - "I wonder if James Milner had a punt on Mrs Milner". "The races he has been running in are Europa League, today at Cheltenham is real Champions League" etc etc

You just need to have better skilled and more informed broadcasters than Harvey, Fitzgerald, Plunkett, Cumani for the little bits inbetween that cater to actual racing fans, whether its discussing form or interviewing connections.

While I don't like their coverage, their viewing figures (even pre pandemic) are/were way higher than channel 4.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

They are potentially the only way a lot of owners would get to see their horses for months, and they didn't. There was plenty of time and even races with 7/8 runners they didn't show all of them. We don't need to look at Ruby sitting with the racecourse behind him, or Kevin Blake ( he's a huge asset) sitting in his 'office' . We could listen to them over pictures with the info about the horse on screen with the 'racecard' info at the bottom of the screen.

Even the replay of it on the ATR app is the same. Makes it extremely difficult to see how the race has panned out, non triers, horses blocked in their runs etc etc. I hope that’s not a permanent change. Great idea to use social stable to criticise it because that can’t be used from now on.

Back