Unexposed types to watch.

I'll add Timeline who has just hacked up at Sandown. Pulled hard early on and looked quite green - a very exciting prospect.

CLOUD ROCK Epsom 5.25.

I'm, understandably, short of confidence but this one did shape like a future winner at Newmarket last time. The extra furlong today should suit; 5/1 available.

Not the best of luck with this one, but another loser.

Almost impossible position after a furlong, missed break and Moore took him across to the rail from the 11 stall, losing lots of ground in the process.

Ran on well to get into a five-way photo for third but no luck there either.:(

I hope she's not shot her bolt, Colly. I'd like to think that she's going on for some time yet in winning mode. It always looks impressive to see huge fields being beaten in Ireland, until you realise that three-quarters of those fields will never even manage a gallant fifth! Still enormous quantity, in spite of the supposed culls of mares and even foals at foot back in 2008/9. Let's hope for the best with her.

Two today:

SING SOFTLY (Krizon) Leopardstown 6.55

NAHRAIN (Swedish Chef) Haydock 7.50

Nahrain (GB) (chestnut filly Selkirk (USA) - Bahr (GB) (Generous (IRE)) - a 1000 Guineas entry, this filly could be one of the stars of the group of horses Roger Varian has inherited from former master of Kremlin House, Michael Jarvis. Owned by Godolphin, Bahr finished in the frame in both English and Irish Oaks either side of winning the Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot and has already produced Listed winner Baharah since retiring to stud; (Roger Varian).
Won comfortably F/T/O and I'd expect her to follow up before going for some black type.

Well... perhaps SING SOFTLY really now is exposed. Terrible run tonight in midfield, before meeting ye olde walle of horses turning in, and finishing about fourth last.

Yes, please, I think she's shown us enough, one way or t'other, Cols. Do you want more added or not? There are newbies appearing all the time if you do.

I'll dismiss her immediatement.

Post 'em all by all means, Kri, but it would be nice if you or anyone else could find some future winners.

Swedish Chef is absolved, NAHRAIN was another for him today, short price but what the ....!

Well, she has won already, and she will possibly win in the future, too, but she's exposed now, isn't she? I don't think I'll put up any more, Colin - I thought the idea was to point out some promising sorts with a win or two in them now, not for years ahead. It sounds like you want horses who will win now and who will keep on winning - but after five runs or so, they're exposed, aren't they? Or have I misunderstood the meaning of the phrase?

I do think in the long term with these, Kri, especially over the jumps. I find it interesting to see them progress from bumpers to hurdles and then, with a bit of luck, to fences.

But that is only my take, I was hoping it would be a source of a nice winner or two at juicy prices. It hasn't happened, YET!:blink:

If you don't want to put any more up that's fine with me, seems you are not the only one who has lost some interest in the idea.

After the initial burst of enthusiasm very few are posting on the thread.

Do you think it has died a death and that I should just let it fade away?

VOODOO PRINCE (Swedish Chef) Sandown 1.55

Voodoo Prince (GB) (bay colt Kingmambo (USA) - Ouija Board (GB) (Cape Cross (IRE)) - no unraced three-year-old's debut was more eagerly anticipated than that of the first foal of the great Ouija Board. His sire being Kingmambo, a son of Miesque, he has not one but two of the best fillies to have set foot on a racetrack in his pedigree. His trainer had reported this Investec Derby entry to have done particularly well over the winter; (Ed Dunlop).

The first son of our dual Classic winner Ouija Board, runs in his first handicap in the opener at Sandown today, and Ed is hopeful of another bold show from Lord Derby's colt.

Ed said:"The going is on the easy side, which should suit Voodoo Prince, and Kieren (Fallon) was impressed how well he won at Haydock, so maybe his figure of 85 is not too bad. The third (Robemaker) ran well at Newbury, so the form is holding up.''

"Voodoo Prince, who could not run last year as he had one or two issues, did really well physically through the winter and is now starting to look the part. The extra furlong and stiff uphill finish is another plus to his chances, so it is a case of fingers crossed."

Having watched Voodoo Prince's races a few times now I think he has a low swift action that I don't think is suited to galloping tracks or ground with ease in it.
I'll be interested in him again, next time he runs on a sharp track on good, g/firm ground.

Today's runner:

KLEITOMACHOS (me) Windsor 8.00

Trip should be ideal, trainer in form, jockey rides the course well. Available at 11 on Betfair, must have a reasonable each-way chance.

I'd like to add Roubiliac & Rysbrack to the list please Colin - Roubiliac runs tonight 8:00 Windsor.
Trainer says:

We have Monday to look forward to. The photograph here shows the half-brothers, Rysbrack (left) and Roubiliac (right). These are two sons of Super Tassa, who won an Italian Oaks and was second in the Yorkshire Oaks and are by Selkirk and Rahy respectively.
They have both taken an age to mature and overcome little, niggling problems that are typical of late developers. Their breeder and co-owner, Cyril Humphris deserves much praise for his eternal patience… as does their Trainer, I feel!

Roubiliac makes his debut at Windsor on monday in a 1 1/4 mile maiden and has done some good work on the grass at Towcester in recent weeks. We hold this horse in very high regard, but appreciate that he will benefit from the racecourse experience.

"KLEITOMACHOS (me) Windsor 8.00"

Running on sixth @ 9/1.

Didn't see the race but reading the comments in the RP it looks as if today might not have been the day; no consolation if you backed it today.

Back