Unexposed types to watch.

17:30 Limerick - Mount Benbulben
Back in again (also entered in the Champion Bumper) against a few nice horses in Lovethehigherlaw, Reizovic and Open Up Your Heart who beat MB on debut at Down Royal. Still worth a bet and worth leaving up on this thread as he's still unexposed.

17:30 Limerick - Mount Benbulben
Back in again (also entered in the Champion Bumper) against a few nice horses in Lovethehigherlaw, Reizovic and Open Up Your Heart who beat MB on debut at Down Royal. Still worth a bet and worth leaving up on this thread as he's still unexposed.

Very good bumper this, think Mullins horse may be beaten alright but by Reizovic - MB won very well the last day IS and will go close tomorrow.

Three!!! runners today:

KINGS GREY (me) Market Rasen 2.50

SMOKING ACES (Bar The Bull) Navan 4.45

and as mentioned above

MOUNT BENBULBEN (Irish Stamp) Limerick 5.30

POLITEO - fluently winning his first start over the bigger obstacles at Limerick today in the Beginners' Chase, having been hurdled to some effect mostly under Davy Russell. He's a French Flat-bred who won under C. Lemaire in his home country and certainly doesn't lack a reasonable size, but definitely the agility to continue chasing to good effect. (Yes, it wasn't a brilliant line-up, but it was a good display of accuracy, pace, and focus.)

Poor run from BOUGGLER, but in all honesty I thought Cheltenham was a bit ambitious after so little exposure beforehand. He started off enthusiastically and jumped fine - I'd have thought of this meeting, next year, not this.

Oh dear, talk about after the Lord Mayor's Show, two runners today both down to me.

MOLLY'S LAD Gowran 2.00

Showed absolutely bugger all last time and will have to improve to take a part in this; 75 on Betfair, 4.2 a place.

RUSHTEENS Gowran 2.30

Ran OK last time at a big price, we'll see if he has the pace and know-how to win today. 4.2 to win and 1.75 to place on Betfair.

Another runner for me today, I hope it runs a bit faster than yesterday's two.

VINTAGE STAR Carlisle 5.00

Disappointing when favourite and a well-beaten third over the same course and distance and going last time.

Obviously needs to improve on that; 9.6 to win and 3 to place on Betfair.

Vintage Star second @ 4/1, a more encouraging performance but never really looked like getting the better of Dreamers of Dreams, who looks a useful animal himself.

One more addition Colin:

Barocci (Elie Lellouche) - The first European runner for Japanese Champion and Arc placer Deep Impact, he's the first foal out of the listed winning, group placed Japanese mare Bastet and made a highly eye-catching debut when a running on second having travelled particularly well throughout the race in a newcomers event at Saint-Cloud in October. The winner that day was the Aga Khan's Ziyarid who subsequently let the form down when tailed off behind a horse of Aidan O'Briens in a backend Group 1 on bottomless ground. There have been a few subsequent winners come out of the Saint-Cloud race and IMO the best horse in the race finished second and this lovely looking colt holds all the right entries for a 3yo - Noallies, Grefulhe, Guineas, Hocquart, Derby and Grand Prix De Paris so they clearly think quite a bit of him.

Looking forward to seeing him out over 10-12f in the coming weeks.

Martin

Thank you, Martin, duly noted.

Two runners today:

MONBEG DUDE (Irish Stamp) Warwick 2.20

and

SOLE SURVIVOR (me) Haydock 5.30

Should come on for the race after finishing second to Jackson Cage (beaten two lengths) at Bangor last time.

Betfair availability 14 to win and 4 to place.

Word of warning on the Dude - although still unexposed he appears to be a bit of a dog as he dropped himself out quite rapidly at Towcester last time out.

Monbeg Dude was a non-runner, 'tis a pity that Sole Survivor wasn't.

Travelled well enough until the pace quickened then he was much too slow.

Think he needs some obstacles and more of a test of stamina.

Didn't know where else to put these without starting a thread for unraced 3yo - Unexposed, certainly as they are yet to run and on breeding definitely ones to watch.

PRINCE TOPS UNRACED BLUEBLOODS

By Alan Mosley

You may not have heard of the names yet, but if their breeding is anything to go by that might not be the case for long. Listed below is a collection of ten beautifully bred, English-trained three-year-olds all yet to embark on a racing career.

Not all will make their mark, racing is of course littered with blue-blooded failures, but for the time being their records are unblemished and we can look forward with the start of the 2011 Flat Season to see whether they will run up to their pedigrees and be able to mix it with the elite of the Classic generation. Who knows maybe one could emulate 2007 St Leger winner Lucarno, the last horse to triumph in an English Classic having been unraced as a juvenile.

Voodoo Prince (GB) (bay colt Kingmambo (USA) - Ouija Board (GB) (Cape Cross (IRE)) - no unraced three-year-old's debut is more eagerly anticipated than that of the first foal of the great Ouija Board. His sire being Kingmambo, a son of Miesque, he has not one but two of the best fillies to have set foot on a racetrack in his pedigree. His trainer has reported this Investec Derby entry to have done particularly well over the winter; (Ed Dunlop).

Nahrain (GB) (chestnut filly Selkirk (USA) - Bahr (GB) (Generous (IRE)) - a 1000 Guineas entry, this filly could be one of the stars of the group of horses Roger Varian has inherited from former master of Kremlin House, Michael Jarvis. Owned by Godolphin, Bahr finished in the frame in both English and Irish Oaks either side of winning the Ribblesdale Stakes at Royal Ascot and has already produced Listed winner Baharah since retiring to stud; (Roger Varian).

All Time (GB) (brown filly Dansili (GB)-Clepsydra (GB) (Sadler's Wells (USA)) - of the sizeable Juddmonte broodmare band, Clepsydra is proving to be one of the elite. This filly, her seventh foal, is a sister to Group winners Passage of Time and Father Time and half-sister to last year's Listed winner, Timepiece. This is also the family of chief flag bearer amongst the operation's older brigade, Twice Over. She holds entries in the 1000 Guineas and both English and Irish Oaks; (Henry Cecil).

Enjoy Today (USA) - (chestnut colt Kingmambo (USA) - Queen's Logic (IRE) (Grand Lodge (USA)) - out of Europe's champion juvenile filly of 2001 and the unbeaten winner of four Group races including the Group One Cheveley Park Stakes, his trainer has already enjoyed great success with this colt's half-sister, Lady Of The Desert. Queen's Logic is also a half-sister to champion racehorse and first season sire, Dylan Thomas; (Brian Meehan).

Haymana (IRE) - (bay filly Pivotal (GB)-Briolette (IRE) (Sadler's Wells (USA))- Briolette is an Irish Listed winner, not only by Sadler's Wells but a half-sister to six-time Group One winner Pilsudski and Fine Motion, the champion three-year-old filly of her generation in Japan; (Sir Michael Stoute).

Pure Science (IRE)- (chestnut colt Galileo (IRE)- Rebelline (IRE) (Robellino (USA)) - by a champion racehorse and sire, out of a champion older Irish mare who won the Group One Tattersalls Gold Cup as a four-year-old. This colt is a half-brother to Recharge, second to Fame And Glory in last year's renewal of the same race and also a winner of a Group Three; (Barry Hills).

Trade Commissioner (IRE)- (bay colt Montjeu (IRE)-Spinning Queen (GB) (Spinning World (USA)) - she may have been flattered to win the Group One Sun Chariot Stakes from a field of underperforming rivals but it can't be denied that Spinning Queen was a high class filly on the track, also collecting a Group Three and finishing sixth in the 1000 Guineas. Subsequently sold for three million guineas and retired to stud, this Investec Derby entry is her first foal; (John Gosden).

World Domination (USA)- (bay colt Empire Maker (USA)-Reams of Verse (USA) (Nureyev (USA)) - Juddmonte had limited success with their Belmont Stakes winner Empire Maker and sold him to Japan last year. Could his son out of Oaks heroine Reams of Verse make them regret that decision? He is undoubtedly held in some regard at Warren Place, holding entries in both English and Irish Derbies. Reams of Verse's best produce to date is the Listed winner Many Volumes, whilst her daughter, the Group Three-placed Ithaca is the dam of Zacinto, winner of the Group Two Celebration Mile at Goodwood; (Henry Cecil).

Buttonhole (GB) - (bay filly Montjeu (IRE)-Red Camellia (GB) (Polar Falcon (USA))- Red Camellia ranked the joint top rated filly of her generation in England as a juvenile (alongside the aforementioned Reams of Verse) and only narrowly failed to land a Classic at three years, beaten less than a length in the French 1000 Guineas. Though she failed to land a Group One herself, she has produced a daughter that has won at the top level in the form of Fillies' Mile winner Red Bloom, together with a Listed winner Red Gala; (Sir Michael Stoute).

Eagles Peak (GB) - (bay colt Galileo (IRE)-High Praise (USA) (Quest For Fame) - another Juddmonte-bred Investec Derby entry, this colt is out of a winner of the Group Two Prix de Malleret, herself by a Derby winner earning himself a reputation as an influential broodmare sire. High Praise has already produced a stakes performer in Sight Unseen and is a half-sister to Juddmonte's Group One winning sire, Observatory; (Sir Michael Stoute).

I'm doing a bit of work on Dundalk lately. I'm compiling a spreadsheet of every winner at the track. I'm at the very early stages but I would like others opinions on Gleadhradh who won a maiden last Friday night for Jim Bolger.

He was beaten 14 1/2 lengths in the famous maiden that Casemento won last August when he was easy in the market at 16/1. Now while he only won a head last Friday night he did in what I'm perceiving to be a very fast time, unusually fast for a maiden. I can't get too carried away because times are not my thing but rather than connections suggesting he might be listed class I'm of the opinion he is definitley listed class. has anyone rated the race?

He holds an entry for a listed race in the Curragh on Sunday along with an Irish Guineas and Derby entry.

March 5th
Dundalk 8.00

Last edited:
Back