Unexposed types to watch.

There's not that much 'unexposed' at this time of the year, though, Colin, to be fair. There aren't many NH animals which haven't had an airing, the vast majority of which aren't impressing us, it seems, and we're still a way off seeing much in the way of newbies for the Flat.

KING'S GREY was quite strong in the market and didn't seem particularly inconvenienced by the drop back in trip but he does seem to have a problem getting his head in front at the right time; second 7/2.

I have the feeling he needs to jump a fence already.

The stable were keen on him today, as well as their runner-up in the bumper, more to come from that one I fancy.

Good scribble in your notebook, Martin - hope you can afford to buy me a cappuccino this summer at Brighton? (You need a decent result to buy one!)

A runner today:

MOLLY'S LAD (me) Navan 2.15.

Nice jumping type (sorry Relks), well beaten 5th. at Punchestown on debut, should improve in time but 28 runners today, 23 available on Betfair at the moment.

I'll be extremely pleased if he runs a decent race and who knows he might even manage a place.

Molly's Lad never got a mention from Dessie on Friday, todays "one to avoid like the plague" is:

RUSHTEENS Leopardstown 1.50

Put in a much improved effort last time when a 50/1 third to Sir Des Champs at Navan last month.

Surprised to see 75 available on Betfair at the moment.

You might find you'd get more action on a "Plague Horses" thread, Colin, given the amount people discount as ungenuine, sour, erratic, untrustworthy or just plain untalented!

At that price they don't have to win, Colin. Laid off win and stuck with place for a good result on a small investment. Well done!

One to go on the list:

SOLE SURVIVOR 4-y-o grey gelding trained by Paul Webber.

Ran second to the favourite Jackson Cage in a bumper at Bangor yesterday beaten two lengths. He wasn't un-fancied, he started the 3/1 second favourite.

It was his second run, his first being a 15/16 behind Keys in a bumper at Cheltenham on New Year's Day, he ran prominently that day, chasing the leaders until weakening 3 out.

On the TV he looked a big brute of a 4-y-o and yesterday he was there with every chance inside the final furlong but then ran just a bit green.

He looks a sure future winner and could be an exciting prospect.

Last edited:
I think connections were hopeful today but she started slowly and then slipped on the bend when just ticking along in rear - think I'd forget this run. Winner is a big strong mare who will make up into a nice chaser though.

Back