Unexposed types to watch.

Barocci runs tomorrow at Saint-Cloud in the Prix Omnium, a listed race over a mile.

He takes on Godolphins group placed Spirit of Battle (Barzalona/Fabre), the Delzangles trained Temps Au Temps (Gregory Benoist) a listed race winner at Longchamp last season and Private Jet (Guyon/Pantall) who was group placed over CD on the same day Barocci made his debut.

Hoping for a good run and preferably a win ;)

"I'm doing a bit of work on Dundalk lately. I'm compiling a spreadsheet of every winner at the track. I'm at the very early stages but I would like others opinions on Gleadhradh who won a maiden last Friday night for Jim Bolger.

He was beaten 14 1/2 lengths in the famous maiden that Casemento won last August when he was easy in the market at 16/1. Now while he only won a head last Friday night he did in what I'm perceiving to be a very fast time, unusually fast for a maiden. I can't get too carried away because times are not my thing but rather than connections suggesting he might be listed class I'm of the opinion he is definitley listed class. has anyone rated the race?

He holds an entry for a listed race in the Curragh on Sunday along with an Irish Guineas and Derby entry.

March 5th
Dundalk 8.00"

Certainly no time expert but if the winner clocked an exceptional time then so must have the second, Balmont Mast, who might have well improved over the winter but didn't set the turf (Polytrack/Fibresand or whatever surface they have at Dundalk) on fire in three runs as a 2-y-o.

Just my thinking of course.

Last edited:
MOLLY'S LAD Gowran 2.40 today.

Difficult to be confident about this one's chances but he did show a little last time before weakening.

Betfair has him at 32 to win and 4.1 to place.

"I'm doing a bit of work on Dundalk lately. I'm compiling a spreadsheet of every winner at the track. I'm at the very early stages but I would like others opinions on Gleadhradh who won a maiden last Friday night for Jim Bolger.

He was beaten 14 1/2 lengths in the famous maiden that Casemento won last August when he was easy in the market at 16/1. Now while he only won a head last Friday night he did in what I'm perceiving to be a very fast time, unusually fast for a maiden. I can't get too carried away because times are not my thing but rather than connections suggesting he might be listed class I'm of the opinion he is definitley listed class. has anyone rated the race?

He holds an entry for a listed race in the Curragh on Sunday along with an Irish Guineas and Derby entry.

March 5th
Dundalk 8.00"

Certainly no time expert but if the winner clocked an exceptional time then so must have the second, Balmont Mast, who might have well improved over the winter but didn't set the turf (Polytrack/Fibresand or whatever surface they have at Dundalk) on fire in three runs as a 2-y-o.

Just my thinking of course.

Gleadhradh is entered in a 3yo race in Limerick for horses rated 0-85 over 6f. The distance might be a bit of a concern but fascinating to see if he lines up. Has been given an entry for the Derrinstown Derny Trial too.

Secret Desert – took the wide course all the way round in his last race – hurdled and travelled well but jockey couldn’t make up his mind which racing line to take and the horse got a few bumps on the way as gaps kept closing – should win a class 5 2m hurdle soon on good or better.

Crowning Star – was very green coming out the stalls in the Brocklesby on his first run and had to come from last and round the whole field – giving a good educational ride by Jamie Spencer under the circumstances with only one slap with the whip – this early January foal should be winning soon.

Had to laugh at Simon Mapletoft's remark about the US-bred SING SOFTLY - "she's been on the go a bit, might want a bit of a rest" as she hoovered up the Listed just now at the Curragh. On the go? Debut at Dundalk (without placing) last October, out on the grass a few days back in March, which she won from a monster field of 27.

This is a chunky, imposing filly, running in just a simple snaffle while three of the others (field of just six) were already looking sheepish in their shadow rolls, and one with shadow roll and blinkers. Genuine, relaxed, professional. Barely a tap to scoot her to the front and keep her there. Now has black type come what may - and I imagine there will be plenty more to come for her and AOB.

Had to laugh at Simon Mapletoft's remark about the US-bred SING SOFTLY - "she's been on the go a bit, might want a bit of a rest" as she hoovered up the Listed just now at the Curragh. On the go? Debut at Dundalk (without placing) last October, out on the grass a few days back in March, which she won from a monster field of 27.

This is a chunky, imposing filly, running in just a simple snaffle while three of the others (field of just six) were already looking sheepish in their shadow rolls, and one with shadow roll and blinkers. Genuine, relaxed, professional. Barely a tap to scoot her to the front and keep her there. Now has black type come what may - and I imagine there will be plenty more to come for her and AOB.

Not exactly over campaigned despite the remark! She looked rather a handful going to the stalls two weeks ago but calmer today.

Yes, please, Colin: she's only had two shows at 3 y.o. and with winning a Listed second time on the grass in a facile manner (she came back looking relaxed and interested in what was going on), I'll be very surprised not to see her build into quite a star.

Blimey - now see SING SOFTLY's getting quotes for the Guineas! Well, why not - she is a very strong, well-made girl (I thought she had a bit of a tummy, but that's counterbalanced by one helluva rear and well-formed legs) who carries herself well in her racing.

Gleadhradh is entered in a 3yo race in Limerick for horses rated 0-85 over 6f. The distance might be a bit of a concern but fascinating to see if he lines up. Has been given an entry for the Derrinstown Derny Trial too.

Runs in the 4.45 Limerick tomorrow. An absolute penalty kick. He's far better than a rating of 82.

Back