Unexposed types to watch.

I meant to add him a while ago, a horse called Master Act, trained by Alistair Whillans. He's a half brother to Rainbow Peak and he is the reason I started following Ranbow Peak from his debut at Kempton onwards. Master Act has run twice in soft ground (bordering on heavy) bumpers oop north and finished midfield each time. I'm guessing he's fragile as he was sold to Gordon Elliott as a 3yo (I had been bidding on him and he was so nearly knocked down to me cheaply until some arsehole jumped in on the final '....I'm selling, any more bids? Selling down here...' and the bidding ran up to 9k) and didn't appear until March as a 6yo but he is a lovely horse, has decent breeding and is the best moving thoroughbred I've ever seen - he literally floats over the ground. On a firmer surface and with time - he was very green in his runs - he should easily pick up a race or two.

Thanks, Shadow.

A runner today:

ENJOY TODAY (Swedish Chef) Newmarket 2.25.

From trainers website:

ENJOY TODAY (2.25 p.m.) A Kingmambo half-brother to our top sprint filly Lady of the Desert, Enjoy Today goes very well. We are delighted with him, although he could well need the experience.

Today's runners:

ALL TIME (Swedish Chef) Newbury 3.50

FITOBUST (me) Chepstow 4.40
Runner-up on his debut at Plumpton back in February, has had a nice rest and has Andrew Thornton:blink: in the saddle. Betfair offers 11.5 for a win and 3.45 a place.

Presumably Swedish Chef hasn't been able to post today so I'm going to put up the blurb that accompanied ALL TIME when he put her up on this thread.

"All Time (GB) (brown filly Dansili (GB)-Clepsydra (GB) (Sadler's Wells (USA)) - of the sizeable Juddmonte broodmare band, Clepsydra is proving to be one of the elite. This filly, her seventh foal, is a sister to Group winners Passage of Time and Father Time and half-sister to last year's Listed winner, Timepiece. This is also the family of chief flag bearer amongst the operation's older brigade, Twice Over. She holds entries in the 1000 Guineas and both English and Irish Oaks; (Henry Cecil)."

Presumably Swedish Chef hasn't been able to post today so I'm going to put up the blurb that accompanied ALL TIME when he put her up on this thread.

"All Time (GB) (brown filly Dansili (GB)-Clepsydra (GB) (Sadler's Wells (USA)) - of the sizeable Juddmonte broodmare band, Clepsydra is proving to be one of the elite. This filly, her seventh foal, is a sister to Group winners Passage of Time and Father Time and half-sister to last year's Listed winner, Timepiece. This is also the family of chief flag bearer amongst the operation's older brigade, Twice Over. She holds entries in the 1000 Guineas and both English and Irish Oaks; (Henry Cecil)."

Having computer problems - keeps seizing - one to watch for me as the Gosden horses going well and he likes to target this race named after his old govenor and Tasheyaat ran a fast time over distance at Lingfield L/T/O.

FITOBUST :o tried to run out on the bottom bend and was never seen afterwards, allegedly pulled up but I think Andy Thornton fancied a pint and buggered off to the Coach and Horses.

Two today for Swedish Chef:

WORLD DOMINATION Newbury 4.15

VOODOO PRINCE Newbury 5.25

It's been mentioned a couple of times on this board that Henry Cecil thinks the world of this horse and having backed him ante-post for the Derby. I'd be disappointed if he didn't win today

Ed Dunlop said:"Voodoo Prince had a few niggles last season which meant he could not run, but he has strengthened up through the winter and has a great temperament. He is still a baby and whatever he achieves here I would like to think that he will improve, and, though there has been a lot of hype and talk about the Dante and the Derby, let us see how he shapes on his debut before getting too carried away.''

Ed was interviewed on RUK yesterday and he gave the impression that the ground might be on the fast side for Voodoo Prince, didn't actually say that but said he wanted rain for the horse.

Excellent performance by WORLD DOMINATION yesterday, isn't it nice when reports about an unraced horse turns out not to be hype.

Great day for Sir Henry as well, really grand to see him back at the top.

There was plenty to like about VOODOO PRINCE'S performance, weakness in the market suggests he wasn't fully wound up and gave the impression that a bit of cut and another couple of furlongs should see him winning.

On to today:

DANTE'S STORM (Shadow Leader) runs in the Stratford 4.25.

Just going through Navan races and thought Scoot My Friend shaped well with a view to handicaps at 10f+. Virtually last entering the straight before putting in some good late work. Bred to be a middle-distance performer as well

Excellent performance by WORLD DOMINATION yesterday, isn't it nice when reports about an unraced horse turns out not to be hype.

Great day for Sir Henry as well, really grand to see him back at the top.

There was plenty to like about VOODOO PRINCE'S performance, weakness in the market suggests he wasn't fully wound up and gave the impression that a bit of cut and another couple of furlongs should see him winning.

On to today:

DANTE'S STORM (Shadow Leader) runs in the Stratford 4.25.

Dunlop is quoted today as saying the horse blew for 30 minutes after the race and that he was a gross horse who needed the work.. Suggests there is improvement to come from him.

I'll add one. Eshtibaak of John Gosden's should be off the mark soon - ran a little green, got cut off and stayed on late in what I think will turn out to be a very good maiden. Visually, and being by Dalakhani, he should be best suited by a little further but looked to travel well enough over 8 furlongs.

Was away when Dorcas Lane ran but that was a quality run (only just seen it online) and the winner Barbican looks very very smart, he himself could even qualify for this thread. A race to follow.

Barbican is entered in both the Group 3 classic trial at Sandown on Sunday as well as a handicap on the card.

14:40 Longchamp: Barocci
Barocci makes his first start in Group company tomorrow and his first at Longchamp in the Prix De Fontainbleau, all the big yards are represented with the exception of Andre Fabre and he takes on some very useful types including Tin Horse, Temps Au Temps, Private Jet and Hung Parliament who's sent over from Tom Dascombes Cheshire yard.

Some runners today (early Betfair prices in brackets):

BAROCCI (Irish Stamp) Longchamp 2.40 (Betfair 3.15)

BELLE BROOK (Rory) Fairyhouse 3.35 (22)

RUSHTEENS (me) is a reserve for the Fairyhouse 3.35 (60)

BARBICAN (Gamla Stan) Sandown 3.50 (18.5) {GS I've included this one even though you haven't confirmed it as one to keep an eye on}

BUTTONHOLE (Swedish Chef) Sandown 4.25 (32)

Yeah, might as well include him. I think he'll certainly run better than his price suggests today and looks an ideal horse for Sandown.

Back