What are you backing Today? Part 2

There's some good market support for Deaville Legend in the first televised race at 1.50. He's being backed as if he will progress again after his fine effort in a handicap at Royal Ascot. He'll do for me.

I'm also interested by the support for West End Charmer. I reckon he'll run well today.

Last edited:
No proper bets today but I do have Ingra Tor in a couple of each way multis with Saturday fancies (of which there are a few, will be a busy day.)

There's some good market support for Deaville Legend in the first televised race at 1.50. He's being backed as if he will progress again after his fine effort in a handicap at Royal Ascot. He'll do for me.

I'm also interested by the support for West End Charmer. I reckon he'll run well today.

Get in!!!!!!!

Well done mate,but was lucky to keep the race imo.

Khanjar beat my old pal Azure Blue (I put her up in longshots same race today)

Shocked me how easily he won at Ripon looks worth a few pounds to double up

Well done mate,but was lucky to keep the race imo.

In what way mate?

The horse was stepping up from a top handicap to group race today.

I only saw it live I'm not sure what Deaville Legend deserved to lose the race for.

I don't even think they had a stewards enquiry.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

I was on WOS. Not sure what to make of the ride it got. I wasn't happy with it at any stage.

He looked very keen early on. The energy he lost waving his head about might have cost him. He was recently gelded I see.

Last edited:
Tomorrows racing is decent.

Inspiral is expected to hose up which on form she should. We'll see how Sibila Spain copes with good to firm ground.

I'm backing Gale Force Maya at York. A top class and hard as nails handicapper who's in great form and can go close in this group 3.

Last edited:
Have backed Lethal Levi 16/1 6pl B365 in tomorrow's big sprint h'cap.
Up with the strong pace in a hot York h/c, he still finished 1st of the prominent racers, and his subsequent 2nd on this track was to a horse given an easy lead in a slowly run contest.
Lightweight Jimmy Quinn travels for the sole ride,too.
Ahhem!
:whistle:

As a matter of interest, straight from the horses mouth via TV Aus.. Jamie Spencer reckons the run at Ascot won't be lost on Atorius, 5.6 on the machine, fitness wise and he thinks he'll be sharper on Saturday,

Tough race the July cup but that will suit him and he must go close if he can avoid trouble.

Brave Nation 2:25 Newmarket, 8/1 atm - challenging for the lead when cut up by the cavorting The Ridler and severely hampered in the Norfolk at Royal Ascot to finish fourth. Would have gone close otherwise, I think.

Surely, they’ve got the result upside down. Appalling. Well done, tan.

Have backed Lethal Levi 16/1 6pl B365 in tomorrow's big sprint h'cap.
Up with the strong pace in a hot York h/c, he still finished 1st of the prominent racers, and his subsequent 2nd on this track was to a horse given an easy lead in a slowly run contest.
Lightweight Jimmy Quinn travels for the sole ride,too.

Nice one Reet.

Thanks, guys.:thumbsup:
1.50NM
Had a hefty bet on Yonafis 4/1 B365 but couldn't resist a small ew on Schmilsson 20/1 B365 which ought to be in the first 3.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm heavily into Yonafis as well. Got a nice price ap and it's notable how similar his profile is to Dubai Honour who won this for Haggas last year.

Saturday, Newmarket 2.40 - Bay Of Honour 9/2 - this is a standout price (Hills) with the longest elsewhere being 3/1. Godolphin won this last year with Royal Fleet off 93, which went up to 100 for winning and he's now 110 or so. Buick opts for Bay Of Honour over the 100-rated New Kingdom (Doyle) so I wouldn't be surprised if this is another good 'un. Godolphin also won it with First Contact (100, raised to 109).

Last edited:
Feels like I'm going against you every time you put a Blue boy up but Jimi Hendrix is nap material for that race. Considering he led throughout he did so well to finish in the frame in a very strong looking Britannia.

I honestly thought before doing the race that JH would be my selection for those same reasons. He's joint-top on my ratings but it's with the other Godolphin, hence my keenness to side with Buick since he seems to have opted form him.

I've gotta say, I'm gonna be very fcked off if the blue boys farm these handicaps this weekend. I find it difficult to make a case for any of them on form.

Back