What are you backing Today? Part 2

I've had to give Alligator Alley (Ascot 3.00) one more chance with a first time tongue tie on as it could be what the horse needs. He had good form when trained by Joseph O Brien.

Good luck all today.

I’m awash with trackers today, but my only strong bet was Mugader who is a non-runner. Last time he beat Nova Legend who went in my tracker from his earlier run where he came on strong towards the end, hitting the line hard into 2nd. Going with him 7:30 Hamilton 2/1atm.

Washraa 4:45 Ascot 9/4 atm looked to be going well in the Sandringham until getting tight for room and clipping heels. Kept on, though and would have finished much closer.

Can only support Euro’s comments regarding Jimi Hendrix and Mutasaabeq.

Think David Barron could have a good day today

Zarzyni- 3.00 Asc
Baryshnikov- 4.05 York
Persuasion- 3.50 Nwm

Had e.w's on all 3

Nap for me today is Winter Power at York, the stars are aligned for him.

Taken each way on the following

300A Cairn Gorm
350N Ropey Guest
405Y Great Gadian

You could soon empty your betting account with all the racing today!

Yeah well done Euro Jimi chinned mine by a neck aswell!

I have been beaten two necks the last two races at Newmarket, at least I had them each way.

Last edited:
Short head better was enough :) watch New Kingdom, though, he had plenty of room between the first two when they came together and left him nowhere to go, got in the clear and finished strongly.

Oh bugger! Miss Jungle Cat just won, handicap debut, down 3 in class, 6/1 from 9/1 - I’m supposed to be watching for these :mad:

There's some good racing at Deauville tomorrow. A few of our U.K jockeys including Ryan Moore and Hollie Doyle riding there.

Euro's favourite Harry Three goes for a listed race.

New Energy a good each way price in the Group One?

Last edited:
Looks like a cracker on paper
I have to oppose you Outsider with Charlie Appelby's Modern Games

He never stayed a yard of the Prix Du Jockey Club according to the trainer
and as it turned out he was beaten by a top class horse in Vadeni.

Hoping it stays dry the only real question has he recovered from recent exertions?

I had backed Coroebus but marked Lusail down as a possible danger at a huge odds in the St James's Palace Stakes
and he almost did me. He will be very hard to beat here in this field.
I can't have Tenebrism who caused a shock Cheveley Park but then flopped badly in the guineas
her last run wasn't much better and she looks set for another ordinary run.

It's a tough call so no star bet today just enough to keep it interesting

Modern Games to win plus a RFC with Lusail

I had a small “starter for ten” bet on Praerie Falcon 1:50 Ayr @ 11/2 last night. He’s drifted like a barge this morning to 8/1 atm and I should cash out, but I’ll let it ride since it’s only a starter bet, won’t be adding though.

Thinks: “Why aren’t you cashing out, you know you’ll most likely regret it? Yeah, yeah, I know, but I do find it hard to lose some without even getting a run for my money (and sometimes they do win :whistle:)”

Back