What are you backing Today? Part 2

Ok he's fav but Nicky Richards is one of my fav trainers and Brian Hughes team up for the first at Perth.

Realease the Kraken 4/1 to 5/2 on the machine

Considering going to Haydock tomorrow as I've backed a couple.'

Thunder Legend is turning into a bit of a cliff horse but he did run well last time at Chester when only Outgate got past him and Bullet Force has franked the form since in third.

Stable companion Hamaki is also backable in the last. He was third behind a very well backed Beckett horse who looks potential Group class in his handicap debut at Sandown over slightly shorter than tomorrow's trip and the second that day already possessed solid form (had beaten Oh Herberts Reign, a staple in these good handicaps, at Haydock the time before.) I actually thought he'd be in the 7/2 range for this but 6s+ is available and I'm struggling to see why. The Gosden who heads the market took three goes to win a maiden. The Godolphin second market choice did run Emily Upjohn close as a 2yo but has been messing about in Meydan since.

Well done............Very unlucky not to pull off the double.....yards on fire

Yer both aff yer heids and I know yer out to upset me:(......Rab Havlin will win on Gosden's only runner at the meeting...I knows these things:D.

Hamaki ? That monkey couldn't beat Luke's ladyboy round a bend
I'll file that along with your "pace doesn't matter" from the Eclipse thread. :lol:

Last edited:
Sandown 2.20 - Silence Please 12/1, 3 places - I backed this one yesterday at 8/1 so the drift is a wee bit disappointing. If it isn't trying or isn't ready then no price is value but if it is both ready and trying then I think the price is ridiculously long. I'd have it in the top two or three in the market and the third place on offer is a bonus.

All this racing and nothing to back, not even a “watch” from my notebook. I did have Luttrell Lad come up, but he’s in my Jumps tracker :D. Wonder what he’s doing trying the flat for the first time at six years old.

All this racing and nothing to back, not even a “watch” from my notebook. I did have Luttrell Lad come up, but he’s in my Jumps tracker :D. Wonder what he’s doing trying the flat for the first time at six years old.

As Slim would say "Addeybb just wins" Everything Haggas touches is turning to gold.....That's the only reason I am backing it...never even looked at it's form Haggas enough

Never got on the race was already run when I was posting but a loser anyway:mad:

Substitute in the last King's Castle 10.5 on Betfair

Last edited:
3.15 Haydock Something Enticing 14/1 Bet365 (5 pl)
3.35 Sandown Alenquer 15/2 Coral (3 pl)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going gone soft at Haydock which is a pity since Sea La Rosa in the Lancashire Oaks is untested on it. Reduced bet @ 5/1.

She’s a Mirage 3:50 - Came from well off the pace to finished strongly last time and should be well suited by the extra furlong on nursery handicap debut. 7/1 atm.

Sinjaari 2:25 Sandown - badly drawn in Royal Hunt Cup, last off bridle and finished very strongly to 5th and best of those drawn high. 100/30 atm.

Hamilton

3.15 Ravenscraig Castle looked to have a promising future when third at York in the Melrose over 1M6F last year.

He has subsequently been a disappointment but I did make a note when watching him a couple starts ago that he wants dropping to 1M4F and this is his first try at this trip tomorrow.

He comes here after a respectable fourth the last day, and as he clearly is a stayer I am hoping to see him make use of it by making all tomorrow.

He has been beat a few times at short odds so I hope he might drift in price to 7/2 or 4/1 which would be perfectly acceptable. He can win this.

I'm interested to see how he gets on in the Old Newton Cup today.

I couldn't back him in this class of race but if he finishes in the top 8 or thereabouts it will be a good run.

Last edited:
Hopeful rather than confident about anything today.

From the stuff I put out last night (the Eclipse is on that thread) (updates):

Sandown 1.50 - I’m not going to overthink this. Equilateral (6/1 taken) went well enough in the King’s Stand to have me thinking he can win this.

Sandown 2.25 - I had Sinjaari in mind for the Magnet Cup but he wasn’t entered and it looks like the Charltons are training him as a miler. He certainly ran well enough in the Hunt Cup to suggest they might have a point and I am happy to back him here to modest stakes (11/4 BOG taken). Now 4s in a place.
:blink:

Sandown 4.10 - This is an interesting race with several likely candidates. The three I fancy most strongly are Electrical Storm (13/2 current best price), Chairman (9/2) and Aqwaam (16/1). I’ll check the prices again in the morning and dutch them accordingly. Aqwaam had more than halved in price by the time I got round to checking so I ditched the other two and went for a win bet on him. Looks like I might have stumbled on to something.

Haydock 2.05 - There are too many unknown quantities in this for my liking but it will be form worth following given the value of the race..

Haydock 2.40 - This is another race I can let go.

Haydock 3.15 - I backed Liverpool Knight (12/1, now 8/1) on Wednesday so that’s one onside. I’ve also taken It’s Good To Laugh (16/1, 5pl, BOG) as a potential job for a shrewd trainer. Gaassee is a worthy favourite and has already qualified for the Ebor so I’m surprised they’re even running it beforehand. Maybe they feel another rise won’t stop it. I’ve also taken 50s (5pl, BOG) Love Is Golden in first-time pieces. It was only 7/1 for a £100k race at Epsom last month off a pound higher.

Haydock 4.25 - Stone Soldier is a fair bit better on the AW so I can rule him out. Oo De Lally’s (9/1) claimer makes him interesting. I still think Boardman (5/1) will be targeting the Ayr Gold Cup and will get in off this mark. Titan Rock (9/1) is the other profile horse. I think there are grounds for believing he can turn round his form with Young Fire. I’ll dutch Oo De Lally and him (4/1). TR is strong this morning, ODL weak. Not to worry, I have BOGs.

Really interesting race to have some fun with Marb

If Haley can get Secret Shadow settled in the first half of the field she will take some stopping.

She'll have to go some to beat Gaasee so I DUTCHED them at 11/10

Also had a few quid at evens on Secret Shadow 5 places

Big ask but I will also do a RFC later

Last edited:
Stable companion Hamaki is also backable in the last. He was third behind a very well backed Beckett horse who looks potential Group class in his handicap debut at Sandown over slightly shorter than tomorrow's trip and the second that day already possessed solid form (had beaten Oh Herberts Reign, a staple in these good handicaps, at Haydock the time before.)

The latter horse, Aldhaja, runs in the 4.10 at Sandown today. He actually led before splitting Vee Sight and Hamaki whereas the time before in winning at Haydock he was held up. There's pace in this race so expect him to take a lead. I've backed him at 8s to go with my ap bets on Mitbaahy, Bay Bridge and Stay Alert at Haydock.

I have 8s each way on Stay Alert, happy with that as half that price now.

Last edited:
Geez, that was the most incompetent ride I've seen for a long time on Equilateral.

(I like Shoemark but ffs...)

Last edited:
Geez, that was the most incompetent ride I've seen for a long time on Equilateral.

(I like Shoemark but ffs...)

I thought he nearly fvcked that up too on Sinjaari. The horse got him out of two tactical mistakes through the race.

Maybe the win will boost his confidence a bit.

Last edited:
If you've backed Equilateral and Shinjaari today you've been fcked by a bad ride on the former (don't think he'd have won) and benefited from the howler Buick gave the 3yo in the latter. All balances out in the end.

Going forward Mitbaahy is in the King George sprint and the Stewards Cup. It's an easy 5 as we know so I've taken the chance that Varian keeps him in the handicap. 12s taken.

Back