What are you backing Today? Part 2

It's been a **** flat season and I honestly think unless you have a nice stable of trackers you're fucked. The group races have been horrendous - look at that just now at Windsor - Regal Reality. **** off.

Grondbreaker mark ruined. New handicap mark 99 from 92 for that last run.

Like a couple myself at Salisbury. Makarova in the 3.55 is very solid at around 11/4 - she was a slightly unlucky second in a similar event at the Glorious meeting (not drawn the best) and the winner that day has won twice since.

Cabinet of Clowns in the 4.26 - went into my tracker after a running on second to Golden Voice at Sandown and although he was not as good at the July course the next day but that was a funny race with two horses going way too fast in front. He's won here and 6/1 is tidy in this kind of small field contest.

Last edited:
Maria Bramwell (3.20S) ceded more ground than she was beaten by, after a tardy start in a strongly run Lowther.
1st time pieces and the stiffer track should allow her to put that run behind her.
9/2 B365

Windsor 7.00 Taravara ran an excellent race last time when fourth behind Tregony. He was up there most of the way and wasn't beaten that far at all in the end. I have that down as a career best and it was his only his first run since last year.

He's still only a four year old with an exploitable mark in the mid 70's so hence this nice prize tomorrow can bring about a D-Day like performance from him.

Here's hoping anyway!

Last edited:
Doom was 9/2 best priced now 4/1 on the exchange,

Expecting a big run today on her way to the Dubai Rockfel Stakes (Group 2) later this month of which she is the yards only entry.

Like a couple myself at Salisbury. Makarova in the 3.55 is very solid at around 11/4 - she was a slightly unlucky second in a similar event at the Glorious meeting (not drawn the best) and the winner that day has won twice since.

Cabinet of Clowns in the 4.26 - went into my tracker after a running on second to Golden Voice at Sandown and although he was not as good at the July course the next day but that was a funny race with two horses going way too fast in front. He's won here and 6/1 is tidy in this kind of small field contest.

Utter dogshit both of them. Ed Walker is imo the worst trainer in the country. My fault for tracking one of his even though I got 3s about a filly that started 6/4. I'm in terrible form and have loads this Saturday - very worrying.

Last edited:
Utter dogshit both of them. Ed Walker is imo the worst trainer in the country. My fault for tracking one of his even though I got 3s about a filly that started 6/4. I'm in terrible form and have loads this Saturday - very worrying.

EW is about the worst of them for over-blowing his horse. They are always looking magnificent and going to run a great race. Mind you, I have some sympathy for optimistic trainers because owners would cut up a bit rough if their trainers kept saying their horse had no chance.

I was hoping 6/4 KHanjar for that race Yorick but no such luck..nearer 4/6

Bet365 going 7/1 3 places yours looks a safe bet and u never know.

I'll have a tenner ew :)

Chillhi 2.15 Nc
Won maiden, this track as easy as you like, then blew out in the Acomb (sweating). If he's to justify a Royal Lodge entry, he should have the legs of these.
7/1 888bet

I'm not sure it's your form, Euro. I think it's the time of year. I've been scaling back at this time of year for a few seasons now because I went through similar patches of poor returns. The ones I was backing came back in due course to show they should have won so there must be some other reason behind it, maybe being saved for later races. I ease back between Goodwood and York and after York tend to hang off for the likes of this Saturday's Haydock card, then a couple of races at Ayr and then the Cambridgeshire, then the Ces.

I think there's other reasons why you feel you're not doing well rather than your own 'poor form'. I suspect the ones you're backing just aren't off in those races.

Agree, as we move towards the fag end of the season the proportion of oddish results increases in concert.

Last edited:
Chillhi 2.15 Nc
Won maiden, this track as easy as you like, then blew out in the Acomb (sweating). If he's to justify a Royal Lodge entry, he should have the legs of these.
7/1 888bet

Nice one, reet (it was a down in class, first handicap job, as well)

Back