What are you backing Today? Part 2

Kempton 2.40

The Racing Post correctly states On A Session is 1-18 for his current stable but he has been running well in defeat and that one win came three starts ago. I've a feeling he has a big run to give especially on the all weather.

His run at Kempton in February behind the higher rated Misty Grey and La Tihaty was very eyecatching. Usually he just fades slightly towards the finish over a mile but this day he was staying on well. A similiar performance tomorrow could see him go very close and 12 or 14s is an each way price that'll do for me.

Last edited:
A few Saturday, some backed ante-post:

Mostahdaf 2,05 Kemp. I wanted to be against the fav here who hasn't been that good in two runs this season and is unproven at 12f. Gear Up beat nothing lto, Solid Stone doesn't stay and I quite like Third Realm but have gone with the Hamdan horse who if you ignore the July Course run is very solid for this. He has aw form and he was ridden too far back in the Hardwicke. Happy with 4s.

Thundering 2.20 Hay I backed earlier in the week for the shorter race at Ascot but he goes for the 14f at Haydock instead. Small ew with plenty of places paid.

Morgan Fairy 2.40 Kemp I've gone off this one. The slow start tendency, the outside draw over a mile here. I'm small ew but with not much conviction. I really would have preferred Newbury or Doncaster for her.

Shining Blue/Golden Voice 3.10 Asc Both these two have been tracked for a while and both disappointed me at the Ebor meeting. I do like a stiff 7f for them thoigh. SB in particular looked like a non stayer on the Knavesmire.

Rohaan 3.45 Hay This is competitive and he's been terribly ridden the last two times but I honestly think he's the best horse in this (like that's ******* mattered recently) Minzaal I respect, Naval Crown is meh to me, the July Cup was very average, the 3yos are a poor bunch, Kinross is a 7f horse, Emaraty Ana isn't winning this twice surely. Grouo 2 horse. Rohaan just needs things to drop right and get a good ride - it's nice to dream.

Korker/Nomadic Empire 4.05 Hay I will dutch. The Latter was very eye catching at York and is well handicapped now and Haydock will surely suit Korker better than Beverley did.

I'm taking Marb on in the 240 K

BALDOMERO 12/1 ex Joseph O'Brien horse.
Been in my alerts since its 5th at Lingfield.
Finished 3rd of 6 at Nottingham and the winner won the hunt cup and the 2nd,5th and 6th have all won since.
The only other in the race not to have won since was Caradoc.
Spotlight says.2 runs here were 1st and close 2nd and the stable and owner won this in 2019.
With a 5lb claimer on he races off 83 which is two pounds lower than its last run.
It's now my biggest loser tomorrow.

Like others I’m a bit awash with alerts and the market’s not giving much of a help yet.

Thundering 2:20 Haydock - came thundering through into second from way back last time at York and extra distance should suit. 11/2 atm.

Encourageable 4:01 Thirsk - on his second chance after disappointing last time at Redcar 4/1 atm

Last edited:
Another very quiet day for me. My attention will be elsewhere anyway from about 12.30 for a couple of hours...

H1.45 Tacarib Bay 16/1
H2.20 Temporize, Australian Angel, Rushford at best odds/terms to small stakes.
H2.55 Amtiyaz, Going Gone, Golden Glame ditto
H3.30 Naval Crown (w) & Brad The Brief (ew)
H4.05 Nomadic Empire & Sunday Sovereign

A3.10 Ropey Guest, Aratus and Silent Film at best odds/terms
A3.45 Night Of Luxury & First Ruler ditto

Be lucky everyone.

I'm taking Marb on in the 240 K

BALDOMERO 12/1 ex Joseph O'Brien horse.
Been in my alerts since its 5th at Lingfield.
Finished 3rd of 6 at Nottingham and the winner won the hunt cup and the 2nd,5th and 6th have all won since.
The only other in the race not to have won since was Caradoc.
Spotlight says.2 runs here were 1st and close 2nd and the stable and owner won this in 2019.
With a 5lb claimer on he races off 83 which is two pounds lower than its last run.
It's now my biggest loser tomorrow.

2nd f*ck,f*ck,f*ck

Not the start you wanted

I need to see it again. I thought the challenge was borderline yellow - no foul given, surprise, surprise - but it was his shoulder he injured. I need to see it again from different angles as I wondered if there might have been a follow-through punch to the shoulder in the challenge.

Walsh did everything he could to keep eleven visitors on the park for the 90 minutes but he couldn't stop us.

Odds-on John Beaton in charge when they meet again at Ibrox...

Like others I’m a bit awash with alerts and the market’s not giving much of a help yet.

Thundering 2:20 Haydock - came thundering through into second from way back last time at York and extra distance should suit. 11/2 atm.

Encourageable 4:01 Thirsk - on his second chance after disappointing last time at Redcar 4/1 atm

Thundering never put in the race as far as I could see. Sour grapes, probably.
Encourageable won and repaid the debt with interest.

The Good - Mostahdaf felt really nice, proper good winner. Great Ambassador pulled from the Sprint Cup.

The Bad - Terrible ride on Thundering at Haydock. Some jockeys cannot adjust tactics.

The Ugly - Holly trying to settle Rohaan.

Have amended today's bets as follows:

I would also add:

Atacama Desert - 4.05 York - 7/2 Win

2 x Win singles
Win Double

Full write-up on blog.

Save your money for Friday

Piccadilly Circus
Doom ( may need it but should still win)

2 singles and a double if the ground doesn't dry out too much

Last edited:
Rkon there won't ny 'soft' on the straight course at Donny, first day.
Utilis 2.25D
Unlucky at York, and the extra 1f should be a bonus.
10/1 B365

Wm Haggas has just the one entry today: Mujtaba 5.20D; looks to have been saved for this, and probably needs a penalty to ensure a Cambridgeshire run.
Jim Crowley swerves Kenpton to take the ride too. Could be wrong, but looks the bet of the day, for me.
7/2 B365.

Back