What are you backing Today? Part 2

Late posting this and Tiger Crusade has moved short opposite the risk but strong support.

Chelmsford (going forecast St rain & snow) Market odds from 3.45.
6.30 Early market expected no’s 3, 6, 2, 1 indicating a win expected from these. Theoretical strong fav 9/4, contender 9/2, not expected longer than 9/1

3. Tiger Crusade (2/1 early mkt has strong support) 8 tips (D4) LTO 21. D Simcock/J Shepherd combo in form. Short on proven overall class/ability?
6. On A Session (9/2) 1 tip (D) LTO 16. Second best for proven overall class/ability.
2. Lord Of The Lodge (11/2) (D3) LTO 14. Third for proven overall class/ability
1. Mums Tipple (15/2 not supported?) (D) LTO 35. R Hannon second here for recent form but A Volkansky (7 lb) claimer up? First on proven overall class/ability could be on too high a mark at present?

My comment: Tiger Crusade is the obvious one on paper but wouldn’t want it shorter.

ATR form verdict in comparison to the above.
TIGER CRUSADE returned to winning ways at Lingfield last month, when he recorded a narrow success, and David Simcock's charge is fancied to follow up from a 2lb higher mark. Mums Tipple struggled in Listed company on his latest outing but he looks set to go well down in grade, while On A Session has become too well treated to ignore and he must go on the shortlist. Others to note include Lord Of The Lodge and Amber Island.
Top Tip: TIGER CRUSADE (3)
Watch out for: MUMS TIPPLE (1)

Last edited:
Taunton (going forecast GS showers) Early market odds from 10.15.
3.25 Early market expected no’s 5, 1, 11, 2, 7 fairly open contest. Theoretical strong fav 2/1, contender 4/1, not expected longer than 8/1

5. Golden Sovereign (11/4 supported) 9 tips LTO 39 - 2 of 12. Second proven class/ability has to get the 3m 4f on the G looks on a good mark?. P Hobbs 2nd top track trainer but not at top form past month/GT Nolan good track rider.
1. Bangers And Cash (4/1 contender) 1 tip LTO 30 - 10 of 12? (CD). Top for proven class/ability . B Pauling/Luca Morgan in form past month but for last race.
11. Premiumaccess (6/1) LTO 20
2. Frenchy Du Large (13/2 not supported early) 2tips LTO 34 – 3rd
7. Way Finder (13/2) LTO 30

MY comment: Golden Sovereign if getting the D on the G or Bangers And Cash if last run was a blip?

ATR form verdict in comparison to the above.
GOLDEN SOVEREIGN has returned from a lengthy absence in excellent shape and his two efforts at Wincanton have suggested that going up in trip could bring out the best in him. The Philip Hobbs-trained nine-year-old remains on a workable mark and he is preferred to Frenchy Du Large, who bounced back to form with a strong effort for third here. Premiumaccess, Bangers And Cash and Premier D'troice cannot be ruled out either.
Top Tip: GOLDEN SOVEREIGN (5)
Watch out for: FRENCHY DU LARGE (2)

I just watched Byker run who didn't appreciate the slow pace at all and his jockey wasn't exactly hard on him plus took his time to put him into the thick of things.
If I din't know better I would say he stopped it from winning to get agood mark here......but of course they wouldn't do that.

I expect he will improve a stone with a good gallop today and take the world of beating with only 10st12lbs on his back....loooks like a right job to me.

I’m no fan if Robbie Donne but, to be fair to him Mr Freedom is the most bonkers horse in training at the moment ( he is also my favourite horse) and he doesn’t know him the way that Marc does.

I hope you did it today.5th and was a bit unlucky as Dunne lost his irons didnt he.

I just watched Byker run who didn't appreciate the slow pace at all and his jockey wasn't exactly hard on him plus took his time to put him into the thick of things.
If I din't know better I would say he stopped it from winning to get agood mark here......but of course they wouldn't do that.

I expect he will improve a stone with a good gallop today and take the world of beating with only 10st12lbs on his back....loooks like a right job to me.

Good run Tan.

Uncle Alaistair - Carlisle 3.55 9/2 Ew

Late Romantic 5.20 Carlisle 12/ Ew

In Excelsis Deo - 3.50 Chepstow 11/4 win

Blogged

:)

3.35 Carlisle
Sam’s Adventure remains well handicapped on old form and runs off a mark just 4lb higher than when winning easily at Catterick. Today’s race is obviously much harder and he’ll need to jump better than he did in the Eider but the ground today should be more to his liking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
15.10 Newbury
Loup de Maulde can continue his progression here having hacked up at Warwick last time out. He’s 2lb well in here under a penalty (runs off 125 and due to go up to 127 on the back of that win).

Of those ahead in the market I’m not convinced the Nicholls favourite will stay (first try over 3m) and it’s ages since Zanza ran a good race over hurdles.

15.10 Newbury
Loup de Maulde can continue his progression here having hacked up at Warwick last time out. He’s 2lb well in here under a penalty (runs off 125 and due to go up to 127 on the back of that win).

Of those ahead in the market I’m not convinced the Nicholls favourite will stay (first try over 3m) and it’s ages since Zanza ran a good race over hurdles.

Didn’t even consider the winner [emoji50]

His only decent performance in the last couple of years was also at Newbury

Last edited:
Back